How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-11-2005
rising star

US Shipping Address Services
Any experiences with their services? Is this a "safe" thing? If so, my god, what bliss!

11-10-2006
rising star

I wanted to order a pair of Keds from Keds.com but as they do not ship internationally I wanted to try www.myus.com.
Does anyone have experiences with them or any other service that helps you to buy from the USA?

11-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrywater
I wanted to order a pair of Keds from Keds.com but as they do not ship internationally I wanted to try www.myus.com.
Does anyone have experiences with them or any other service that helps you to buy from the USA?
i have a myus.com account, used it a couple of times and they're great! the items are shipped so quickly. they also allow you to declare the wholesale value of goods so it helps a lot in reducing fees at customs. you can also track your parcels online.

23-06-2007
Noblesse oblige

Hi there!

Have any of you experience with US shipping address services like www.myus.com or www.usamail1.com ?

They offer people outside the us to get an US address, from where stuff bought online in the US can be forwarded to the European, Asian, African (or whatever) home address. Then you can buy on homepages in the US which don't offer international shipping and you can also save on shipping costs.

Both companies say that you are responsible for duties yourself, but if I for example buy a pair of shoes from Neiman Marcus, have it sent to my us address and forwarded to my European home address from there - will the value then be marked on the package to Europe?

Hope some of the wise shopaholics can help me!!!

24-06-2007
front row

hi zarina. i have a myus account, which gives me an address in florida. they give you an option of what value to declare on the customs form -- either wholesale or retail. if you choose wholesale, they usually declare around 30% of the retail price of the item. i had this option going for a while and it saved me heaps of customs fees but recently, they used a courier company to send me some items and they have since told me that this option is no longer available for australian customers. i recommend checking with them first to see if you can get stuff sent to you at wholesale value.

also, you have to keep in mind that you would have to pay usa sales tax for some retailers sending items to florida. for example, neiman marcus has stores in florida so you would have to pay the tax. that's why i still purchase via online chat with neimans because there's no tax.

the service itself is very efficient and i have not had a problem with them. the annual fee can be pretty high but i have saved heaps on the shopping so it all balances out.

25-03-2008
trendsetter

Shipping for US only orders - for Europeans
Hi, I want to order a pair of shoes and the store doesn't ship outside of the US. I know one of our members, a blogger, has an offer standing to anyone who wants something from the UK that isn't shipped outside of there, that she can purchase it and send it to you when it arrives.

So I am wondering if there is someone in the US doing the same, I've also heard about sites where you pay and get an american adress that you can have your stuff shipped to. Does anyone have the adress to one of these sites? Any help or tips to get my shoes to Sweden is highly appreciated.

25-03-2008

myus is the site fredflare recommends, don't know how good it is...

V.I.P.

ive used a simular site to the one listed above which is good..
im my city there is also a usa mail box company thing .. your city might have something simular .. worth a look

28-03-2008
?

I want to order from Gap and J Crew but I don't understand how those myus sites work.. I'm confused!

V.I.P.

If anyone can help me get the leather McQueen west for GAP, I'd be very thankful. I'm ready to mail money, trade for services et.c.

16-04-2009
fashion icon

I'm bumping this cos I'm curious if there are any more recomendations/criticisms of sites like Myus.com etc. As there is something on eluxury.com that I need to buy from them as it is sold out on the LV website,and they only ship to the U.S so anyone got any advice?

17-04-2009
front row

There are a lot of reviews available at the Vogue Australia forums in the "Shopping" section http://forums.vogue.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=24 . Just search for something like "myus"

e.g. this thread links to the more recent reviews http://forums.vogue.com.au/showthrea...highlight=myus

25-04-2009
tfs star

Myus is great!!! I've been using it for a while! they're really nice and helpful!

earthbound

Is there a website that is free and also provides a telephone number? I need one to order stuff from Target... damn you, Rodarte.

17-12-2009
?

I wish we could do a thread where US-based members could help the rest of us :p I too would like to buy one of the Rodarte x Target pieces somehow, without succumbing to eBay-prices.

Last edited by StellaMare; 17-12-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
address, services, shipping