How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
How is the skinnyness in the notify's? Ive seen pictures of them and they seem to me that they are more straight-legged.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the Superfine wax they are not as wax-y as I would like them.. but never seen the notify's one's.. and decided to go for the Superfine's as I thought they would be skinnier..and kinda the same finish..

but I haven't used them as I need to have to have them tailored and I don't feel good in jeans unless they are a perfect fit.
Hi Pucci - Notify do two cuts of waxed jean - the anenome (sp??) and the hellebora - the anenome is the skinnier fit and the hellebora straight legged. I tried the hellebora which aren't skinny but not the anenome as I am kind of being to tire of the super skinny look...I know Caffeine has actually bought a pair of the Notifys so maybe she can advise you more on the various fits???

26-09-2006
Frozen irony.

Thanks for your help Grill... great help as always. Karma!

I saw the jeans on Caffeine, and they were bit too bootlegged for my liking.. I wonder who sells Notify in london, I might go to have a look in person.

26-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
I wonder who sells Notify in london, I might go to have a look in person.
Liberty.

26-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin star
Liberty.
Last time I was in town they only had large sizes left in the wax as I wanted to try them on when I was there buying my Superfines. Surely there's another London stockist? - Notify's website doesn't appear to have any stockist info sadly.

26-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Thanks for your help Grill... great help as always. Karma!

I saw the jeans on Caffeine, and they were bit too bootlegged for my liking.. I wonder who sells Notify in london, I might go to have a look in person.
they are the anemone (sp?) pair. they are actually not as boot legged as they appeared on the pic because I folded them inside to the shorter length. I think that they are 12" at knee and 12" opening.

26-09-2006
fashion insider

Ooh Caffeine, have you got them altered yet? I'm trying to find a pair of 28 blackc oily anemone but that size seems to be sold out across the web. I have a pair of Calypso in 28 and it fits ok around my waist. Do the wax jeans stretch out a lot? I wonder if I should order either a size up or down...I hate wearing jeans that get stretched out but I also don't want them to be too tight...so should I wait for my 28, or get 29 or 27? Thanks

26-09-2006
V.I.P.

apparently, I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. I love the Superfine wax harry's. I went down a size. they aren't super narrow but just right, super narrow is for leggings IMO. and they are plenty waxy for me, I stuck to the car seat. I washed them (inside-out) even though they say dry clean and they shrunk a bit but that was fine because they gave once they felt body heat. If I wanted stickier I would wear leather.

26-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
Ooh Caffeine, have you got them altered yet? I'm trying to find a pair of 28 blackc oily anemone but that size seems to be sold out across the web. I have a pair of Calypso in 28 and it fits ok around my waist. Do the wax jeans stretch out a lot? I wonder if I should order either a size up or down...I hate wearing jeans that get stretched out but I also don't want them to be too tight...so should I wait for my 28, or get 29 or 27? Thanks
I have not will do tomorrow.
why not order a size up and give it a try? mine are 25, and i have a pair of 24 paige and a pair of 24 jbrand. the wax jeans felt very close to the jbrand 24. in addition, I read somewhere that it gives it a little rocker chic look if you wear the wax jeans slightly relaxed...and I actually think that it makes sense. shopbop has freeshipping, so you don't lose anything

26-09-2006
fashion insider

Thanks well, I am afraid that the 29 might stretch out or be too big because I have too many bad experiences with jeans that are just too big on me after several wears...I'm actually more inclined to the 27 but then again I don't want it to be so tight that I can't button my pants or have sausage legs but I read on activeendeavors that people should size down if they are between sizes so I'm so confused...

27-09-2006
V.I.P.

NAP has most sizes in stock of Notify Black Oily jeans.

27-09-2006
fashion insider

Ooh...I didn't know that they carry Notify...must check it out soon! Thanks

27-09-2006
fashion insider

Why is their jeans more expensive on NAP? It's about $20 and plus shipping...I can get them much cheaper with no shipping cost from shopbop or revolve...NAP scams pp!!!

27-09-2006
fashion insider

OMG I'm spending too much time on this thread but do you think these Notify jeans on Linda are the wax anemones...I know she wore these like 2 years ago but they look awfully similar or maybe it was just an older style

pix from lookonline and vogue.uk

Last edited by Foxie-Pooh; 27-09-2006 at 04:30 PM.
27-09-2006
Frozen irony.

They really do look similar, to be honest from the pictures i've seen here and on n-a-p the notify's don't seem to much more of a wax finish than the Superfine's.

27-09-2006
front row

Waxed jeans feel really weird!! (in my opinion anyway.....)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, waxed