How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2006
backstage pass

i never wore or touched waxed jeans, but i really could imagine that they feel kind of weird...

27-09-2006
V.I.P.

"Editor's note" from NAP:
"This style is perfect for a rock-chic look for fall. It is a fitted look so if you'd rather wear them slightly looser, try the next size up. Wear them for day or night. Shown here with Sergio Rossi boots and a Paul & Joe shirt. Machine washable. 98% cotton, 2% elastane."

today I sent them to my tailor...I decided that 25 is the right size for me because the legs feel tighter than my 24 JBrand. The wax will probably make it less stretchy (plus there is only 2% elastane).
NAP is really so much more expensive! I guess that I have to pay a visit to the Notify store when I visit Paris...

btw if mine do stretch, then I will just buy another pair of 24 on NAP...or in Paris?

Last edited by Caffeine; 27-09-2006 at 09:45 PM.
27-09-2006
fashion insider

Have you ever been to Henry Lehr in the city? The headquarter emailed me and said that Bergdorf, Henry Lehr, and Scoop carry Notify jeans...so you should check those places out and see if they have 24 for size I'd love to go there and try the sizes but I don't really have time to go to the city lately...and I should really be studying for my pharmacology exam now...

Last edited by Foxie-Pooh; 27-09-2006 at 09:54 PM.
27-09-2006
V.I.P.

I might not have time to do so recently. Work is very busy...and afterwork the stores are mostly closed but it's good to know. thank you foxie!

27-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evae
i never wore or touched waxed jeans, but i really could imagine that they feel kind of weird...
They're not bad. It's not like they're waxed on the inside (at least not the Diors). There's just more weight to them.

28-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
They're not bad. It's not like they're waxed on the inside (at least not the Diors). There's just more weight to them.
do they stretch easily Alex?

28-09-2006
V.I.P.

I got the notify jeans today, and they are far, far superior to the superfines. I really love these. The waxy caoting is heavier and just looks better overall. They arent as skinny but that can easily be tailored. The only thing is that these make me feel like a cow I can usually fit a 24 but the 25's are tight on me. Good for thos elike pucci and Grill who are tiny!

28-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
I got the notify jeans today, and they are far, far superior to the superfines. I really love these. The waxy caoting is heavier and just looks better overall. They arent as skinny but that can easily be tailored. The only thing is that these make me feel like a cow I can usually fit a 24 but the 25's are tight on me. Good for thos elike pucci and Grill who are tiny!
I told you they ran small the fabric is amazing isn't it!

28-09-2006
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Thanks for the review of the jeans!! I might take the plunge and order them.. but then I have an extra pair of wax jeans and I don't really need two.

Could you possibly take a picture of you wearing both of them so I could compare?? That would really help sooo much..

Btw, congrats!!

28-09-2006
V.I.P.

okay please forgive my ignorance...but what exactly are waxed jeans?

Is there a difference in the look and feel of the denim? please explain.

thanks.

29-09-2006
fashion insider

It's basically regular denim coated with wax...like how you pour a thin layer of candle wax onto a piece of cloth and let it dry. It produces sheen and glossiness to the fabric.

29-09-2006
V.I.P.

Pucci, I will get a pic of these and the superfines tonight

29-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
I found the leg part tighter and rather stiff compared with regular jeans. do you have the same feelings GG?
I'll get my pants back tonight or tomorrow...can't wait to wear with my Balenciaga jacket
GG we should wear the matching outfits on street

29-09-2006
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Thank yoooou.

29-09-2006
V.I.P.

Pucci, there is a pair of size 24 notify on shopbop.com right now. based on my recollection you probably need 24 (I gave up the 24 idea as my 25 are tight enough). go ahead and grab them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, waxed