How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2004
front row

The reason that I am asking is because before Christmas I was taking catalog orders for a company and this dress was so popular. When I first saw it, I wasn't crazy about it but now I am not so sure.

They were getting it for Christmas parties. I just couldn't believe how many of them that I sold. There were so many dresses to chose from but everyone wanted this one. What do you think? It's the short one in gold and it was about $99. Nobody wanted it long or black. The women who were buying it were all very small and fit.

Size matters.

22-03-2004
Reanimated

I don't know about it What is the fasbric like? Looks kind of cheesy w/o any accessories- but I am sure it could look cool put together with other things.

22-03-2004
V.I.P.

Really not to my taste. Fringe just irks me for some reason...

22-03-2004
rising star

the black would look SO much better with different shoes!

22-03-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 7:11 pm
I don't know about it What is the fasbric like? Looks kind of cheesy w/o any accessories- but I am sure it could look cool put together with other things.
These women were crazy about it. I must have sold 20. It is polyester/spandex slinky knit. It is also available in cranberry and black but everyone wanted the gold. I don't understand.

Size matters.
22-03-2004
backstage pass

Spring_Fever,

I'm stumped too! I don't see what's so special about that dress (short, in gold). I did a search and came across this picture

at first I was thinking maybe people saw Britney wearing this and decided to buy something similar, but this picture is from Feb. 4, 2004 so that wouldn't make sense, since you said that you did the catalog orders last Christmas.

My guess would be that people saw a celebrity wearing a gold dress and people wanted to buy one similar. That or, people wanted it as a cute new years dress and gold is kind of a "new yearsy" color.

I dunno... just guessing

22-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by shoe_gal_04@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 7:54 pm

This is just me, but I don't think that I would want to take my fashion inspiration from that picture...

22-03-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 8:04 pm

This is just me, but I don't think that I would want to take my fashion inspiration from that picture...
likewise!

22-03-2004
front row

Sorry, I accidentally messed up the pic but here is the link

short gold dress

Size matters.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress