How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2013
rising star

Oh dear lord, sooo many. But most recently:

- A gorgeous pair of nude cork wedge sandals from ZARA, back in my phase when I bought shoes that were too small for me, because it's impossible to find them in my size. Needless to say I haven't worn them once and am still trying to sell them.
- A sweatshirt blazer. I mean, WHAT was I thinking? It was weird looking ... My best friend who was with me when I bought it even told me I would regret it and she mocks me to this day about it. Of course, it's in someone else's hands now!
- When I was about 15, I bought ... A pair of yellow and blue Paul Frank shorts with monkeys all over them. I can't even ... I mean, there is no excuse. Don't banish me from this forum. :p
- A pair of 13 cm taupe suede wedges. Wore them once and fell three times, hilariously, because people were dying of laughter (and I was dying of shame).

I am proclaiming myself the queen of worst buys ever. I have to purge my closet three times a year. I'm a terrible shopper. But it's getting better!

16-06-2013
front row

I bought a couple of flower print full mini skirts when I was 16. I never had the legs nor the guts to wear them. I now wear them to the beach

16-06-2013
rising star

Well at least you are wearing them, which is more than I can say for myself.

16-06-2013
front row

Well, I go to the beach maybe once a year, if that much... so there's that Maybe you could do the same with your Paul Frank shorts. I remember Paul Frank being really in back in the day And to make you feel better about your shoe buys, I also buy heels I never wear... because our pavement looks like this:

olhares.uol.com.br

16-06-2013
Power to the 99%

^ Wow, what a total hazard! Every few inches there's a spot you could completely sink a stiletto heel into ... Makes our cobblestones look like they were designed by Christian Louboutin ...

16-06-2013
trendsetter

There is not a single stiletto or kitten heel I didn't regret buying...

Also these gorgeous studded boots which fit well at the store, but then I was walking on thick carpeting...beware thick carpeting in shoe stores!!

A black theory pantsuit. I thought I needed it for job interviews, but I didn't wear it a fraction as often as I should have...Feel really sad and guilty, since it was an expensive good-luck gift from my mom. I still have it, I hope I'll wear it more, but it's just not my usual style...

I don't usually jump onto trends, so that's not an issue for me. Strangely, the items I thought I'd regret but end up wearing the most are these weird eccentric pieces. They're timeless.

28-10-2013
trendsetter

Iris and Ink cashmere sweater. The fabric was so thin and delicate I can't fix a snag I got after 2 x wears. I bought it 4 days ago, and now it is trash. 250 usd right out the windom

28-10-2013
Power to the 99%

^ I think you should probably be able to have that fixed? My dry cleaners has always been able to repair everything I've taken them ... they do it on the spot for free.

28-10-2013
trendsetter

I'll try, but I am not very hopefull. I am worried the thread will tear and then it will be game over. I'll take it to a seamstress and try the local dry-cleaner if nothing works.

I will post a pic later in the Fashion tragedies thread. The snag is really long, and very tight, meaning no amount of pulling will sort it out...

25-11-2013
backstage pass

Bought a pair of Topshop platform sandal "flatforms" which I walked around Paris in for a few hours and the both platforms had peeled off the soles of the sandals by the end of the day

trendsetter

^Take them back to the store and demand a full refund. Should work...

25-11-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rougevalentino View Post
Bought a pair of Topshop platform sandal "flatforms" which I walked around Paris in for a few hours and the both platforms had peeled off the soles of the sandals by the end of the day
I guess Topshop quality isn't all we've been led to believe

17-02-2014
windowshopping

I recently bought a pair of True Religion boot cut jeans. I find I never wear them, probably since they're so out of fashion these days. I wish I had spent my money more wisely.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
buy, worst