How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2005
V.I.P.

Eeeek A list already for spring!! You guys will make planners out of me yet :p

Ta-Ta - I like your idea of printing the pieces and saving them. Unfortunately, I've just started creating my collage for fall, though... inspired by tFS, but slightly behind Your current picks are beautiful! I think they'll go over well with Ms. Helena, too

27-09-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious
Eeeek A list already for spring!! You guys will make planners out of me yet :p

Ta-Ta - I like your idea of printing the pieces and saving them. Unfortunately, I've just started creating my collage for fall, though... inspired by tFS, but slightly behind Your current picks are beautiful! I think they'll go over well with Ms. Helena, too
Your way is probably better, Curious ... you are enjoying the current season to the full Unfortunately the weather at a minimum is preventing me from doing that ... we are still seeing lots of hundred-degree (or more) days here ... I was really hoping the hurricane would bring us some cooler weather, but that didn't materialize. Nor did a single drop of rain ...

Quirky, you're right, this method does help eliminate impulse buying, though not entirely--and sometimes that's good, and sometimes it's bad. Like just recently I bought this sweater with crocheted straps and a handkerchief hem, and it's really cute & a pretty color ... but I'm beginning to think it was a mistake. First, I look very, very busty in it, and secondly, I want to layer it, but it doesn't work with anything I've tried so far. Really I need a shrug so that the Vs at the bottom can be seen ... first time I've ever wanted one ...

What I've found shopping (mostly) this way is that I spend more, but get much better results.

27-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
this whole outfit
love that!!

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
this whole outfit
this waistcoat and the shoes
this top and the jeans
i sort of want one of those westwood man skirts and the printed pirate boots in blue
If anyone can rock a man skirt, it's you

28-09-2005
test pattern

oui, victim.

well, probably a lot of dirk schönberger's for me. i just love the entire collection, except for one or two pieces that didn't really work well.

28-09-2005
I don't know

All of these

In order all are from SS06... and they're from style.com / gettyimges.com /vogue.co.uk

first two from: bcbg max azria
third from derek lam
4. emilio pucci
5. Marni
6.Missoni
7. Robert Cary-Williams
8. Weardowney
9. salvatore ferragamo
10 Rocco Barocco
and a lot more:p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bcbgmaxazria3.jpg (32.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bcbgmaxazria2.jpg (28.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dereklam2.jpg (23.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg emiliopucci2.jpg (48.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg marni.jpg (72.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg missoniss4.jpg (52.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Robert Cary-Williams SS 2006 28.jpg (31.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg weardowney.jpg (32.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg salvatoreferragamo3.jpg (28.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg roccobarocco.jpg (28.3 KB, 1 views)

29-09-2005
front row

I want something like this , the whole kate moss look i wanna steal some of her trends for Summer in Australia !!!

Like the whole vest, denim shorts, big sunnies, Jesus shoes, stuff like that .. Now i just gotta wait for summer
Attached Images
File Type: png 01_Kate.png (213.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 53145483.jpg (16.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg nyc9134.jpg (21.1 KB, 113 views)

07-10-2005
tfs star

Nice one Tema !! We will be adopting all Kate Moss Looks into our wardrobe here this summer dont you worry !

jah
rising star

the pants!! I think overall all pants from the prorsum S/S06 looks amazing. I will be sure to pick atleast 2 pairs up

men.style.com

test pattern

like i said, it'll be a lot of dirk schonberger but this jacket is positively certain for me to invest in.

dirkschonberger.com

Last edited by battles; 09-10-2005 at 09:47 AM.
12-10-2005
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
I know kimair is making a list ... and we cannot be the only two ... 'fess up, guys

i do the same thing as you: i make a collage with pics from style.com/magazines of my favorite looks/pieces (see one here from f/w 04)...and since i don't live in nyc, i have to call ahead to get pieces i want (like calvin klein's black mary janes from f/w 05)...i've also started spending more on pieces, but quality things...things that i'll have forever...
i fear i'm getting to that age!

i am making a list...i haven't had time to sift through the european collections yet, but out of new york, there will definitely be some calvin klein, proenza schouler and narciso pieces in the mix...i will return to post some pics...

Power to the 99%

(style.com)
I know what you mean, kimair, about calling ahead ... it's frustrating when designers don't really show their stuff on the runway ... because if you live in the relative hinterlands, how will you ever know it exists? I think we both are in/near big shopping cities too, and it's still amazing how much you don't have access to. We have Celine, Calvin Klein, Louis Vuitton, etc. here, and I keep feeling like there's some fashion power that I should be able to bargain with to trade these for designers I really want

I was hoping for lots more in terms of personal wearability from the European collections ... here's all I'm adding ...

This Lanvin pin (to go on Lanvin resort blouse if I can get my hands on it & it fits)

These YSL platforms (these I should actually be able to find locally)

30-11-2005
Power to the 99%

(marcjacobs.com, style.com)
So as mentioned in the new Gothic thread, I've bought this Marc Jacobs resort blouse for spring (the sleeves are actually puff sleeves to the elbow, they're just styled oddly in this pic):

I've also pre-ordered the Anna Sui blouse I posted above (plan to wear with black silk pants, don't know what else yet):

I also like this Alberta Ferretti skirt:

So, as you can see, all neutral colors.

Here's where I would like some advice. I came across some ruby jewelry that made me think that a raspberry color would make a really nice accent. Will probably do some ruby earrings and lipstick.

There's a bespoke shoemaker here, and I was thinking of having her make me some shoes. My first thought was grey, but it's tricky ... it can be yellow, it can be blue, and I only have one piece so far, and her lead time is 6-8 weeks. Let me see if I can get a pic of the shoe design I'm thinking about ...

30-11-2005
Power to the 99%

(shoesofcourse.com)
So here are the shoes ... and my question is, what would you think of them in a raspberry color with the kinds of things I've posted--greys, ivories, black? As I've mentioned, I'm going for an Edwardian/20s look, my version of neo Gothic for spring.
Attached Images
File Type: gif maryjane.gif (34.4 KB, 0 views)

30-11-2005
V.I.P.

^ta-ta, where can you preorder Ann Sui's stuff?
Thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, list, shopping, spring