How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2005
Power to the 99%

What's on your Spring 06 shopping list?
Now that NY fashion week is over, you've seen and sifted through all the NY collections ... what's on your shopping list so far? Here's mine right now ... strong possibilities ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta

(style.com)

This Verrier skirt:

These Kenneth Cole shorts:

This Anna Sui blouse:

These Narciso Rodriguez shoes:

21-09-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

you're funny...

i like your choices..

i buy mostly european designers...
so it's WAY too early for me to say...
i don't even know what i'm going to wear today...
much less a year from now...

:p

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
very funny, Softie and Ta-ta! I'll wait and see what they show in the European fashion shows as well.
Softie, Faust mentioned that you have a pair of CDG boots. Yes? Are they comfy to you? I got a pair but I could barely walk in them (they are very stiff). I wonder if that is the case for other people as well. Any thoughts?

21-09-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
you're funny...

i like your choices..

i buy mostly european designers...
so it's WAY too early for me to say...

Hey, it's not a year from now, it's 6 months from now :p In my case 5, I start wearing spring stuff in Feb when it gets warm here.

You have no idea what a planner I am I am doing pretty well right now, my goal is to have my shopping for the previous season complete when NY fashion week starts, and I really have just one more top I want to buy and another skirt I want to look at ... the problem for me is that once I see the spring shows, I no longer want to come back and think about fall ... I'm so over it

Caffeine, I too am on the edge of my seat waiting for Paris ... but in the meantime ... a list I must have This is pared down from the little stack of printed photos I have sitting here next to my laptop. Whenever I see something really interesting/useful, I print it & note the designer & season--it's not a sickness I assure you

I am expecting to buy some Lanvin for spring ... I am kind of building a base here, and expecting Lanvin to furnish something very interesting to complete the picture. Even if his spring is a total flop (which I'm certain it won't be), there's always resort

I know kimair is making a list ... and we cannot be the only two ... 'fess up, guys

22-09-2005
trendsetter

this whole outfit
this waistcoat and the shoes
this top and the jeans
i sort of want one of those westwood man skirts and the printed pirate boots in blue

22-09-2005
V.I.P.

Mine is not designer stuff...... ...but it's going to be a hardcore take on minimalism.....

23-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
Hey, it's not a year from now, it's 6 months from now :p In my case 5, I start wearing spring stuff in Feb when it gets warm here.

You have no idea what a planner I am I am doing pretty well right now, my goal is to have my shopping for the previous season complete when NY fashion week starts, and I really have just one more top I want to buy and another skirt I want to look at ... the problem for me is that once I see the spring shows, I no longer want to come back and think about fall ... I'm so over it

Caffeine, I too am on the edge of my seat waiting for Paris ... but in the meantime ... a list I must have This is pared down from the little stack of printed photos I have sitting here next to my laptop. Whenever I see something really interesting/useful, I print it & note the designer & season--it's not a sickness I assure you

I am expecting to buy some Lanvin for spring ... I am kind of building a base here, and expecting Lanvin to furnish something very interesting to complete the picture. Even if his spring is a total flop (which I'm certain it won't be), there's always resort

I know kimair is making a list ... and we cannot be the only two ... 'fess up, guys
Nice job Ta-ta! My problem is that I never stop shopping so I can not really use your strategy. I am holding my mile long wishlist now waiting for the sale. It's only two months away

23-09-2005
V.I.P.

Nothing - the menswear was an utter disappointment.

For now only the reintroduced Ann Demeulemeester feather necklace - I am numero uno on the waiting list .

I'm sure I'll find something when the stuff hits the stores though

23-09-2005
V.I.P.

I wonder where the pricing goes for the summer collections. The fall/winter items have been a lot more expensive than the previous year's. It will be nice if the price goes down a little considering I need to save money for my wedding now

Last edited by Caffeine; 23-09-2005 at 03:40 PM.
23-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
I wonder where the pricing go for the summer collections. The fall/winter items have been a lot more expensive than the previous year's. It will be nice if the price goes down a little considering I need to save money for my wedding now
No, you don't - you can get married in a nice Ann Dem runway outfit!!!

The prices are going down a little due to a more favorable USD/EUR exchange rate - but I'm sure not by much.

23-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
No, you don't - you can get married in a nice Ann Dem runway outfit!!!

The prices are going down a little due to a more favorable USD/EUR exchange rate - but I'm sure not by much.
I would love to, Faust! I just don't think my future in-laws will be happy with that. Out of curiosity, What did Mrs. Faust wear in your wedding?

btw, where I can find Ann's clothing in NY? The only store in Boston is AB, so I need to have back up plans for my November/December shopping spree
Let's hope the dollars go stronger!

23-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
I would love to, Faust! I just don't think my future in-laws will be happy with that. Out of curiosity, What did Mrs. Faust wear in your wedding?

btw, where I can find Ann's clothing in NY? The only store in Boston is AB, so I need to have back up plans for my November/December shopping spree
Let's hope the dollars go stronger!
She, too, wore a formal dress, for better or worse :p.

You can find Ann in New York in

Barneys
Saks
Bergdorf Goodman
Jeffrey
Butter (shoes/belts/bags)

I'm surprised that IF is not picking her up since Bagutta closed

23-09-2005
V.I.P.

sweet faust! I have written down the stores on my notebook
Yeah I think I have to go with a traditional style wedding dress.

23-09-2005
V.I.P.

it probably takes time for IF to catch up. Afterall, Bagutta was not closed long ago, right?

27-09-2005
tfs star

I think it's a great idea to start looking so early...that way one impulse buys less rubbish.

Although I'm such an instant-gratification type shopaholic...I have never successfully waited out a waiting list. (But then Holland always gets everything last and I've usually gotten it from somewhere else already )

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, list, shopping, spring