Where do you shop? - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
21-06-2005
V.I.P.

im loving a shop in liverpool called cricket at the moment ... its the one with the animal print bag as seen on collean as she always carries one. :p

21-06-2005
about to fall or fly

i'm on a really tight budget (read: no job!) so i shop a lot at second-hand and thrift stores. value village in canada is great for unique things like knitted sweaters and old sheets to cut up and make into skirts and stuff. winners, also in canada, is just like ross in the states: new clothes discounted for being out of season. i've found some amazing items at winners and never spent more than $50 on a single thing. specific to halifax, i sometimes shop at an locally/independently-owned store called biscuit but they are really, really expensive..they inflate their prices like there's no tomorrow. they have some amazing pieces by indie designers, but i think the prices are just too high, especially for me right now. there's also a few really nice vintage shops: dressed in time and junk and foibles that have one-of-a-kind items and local designers.
in san francisco i shopped at buffalo exchange, crossroads trading company, diesel, dema, minnie wilde and scores of other smallish boutiques. there are really good ones in hayes valley and a few nice ones on haight street...shoe biz now has like, 5 locations in the city, 3 of which are on haight..and they have amazing shoes.

29-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by .francesca
in san francisco i shopped at buffalo exchange, crossroads trading company, diesel, dema, minnie wilde and scores of other smallish boutiques. there are really good ones in hayes valley and a few nice ones on haight street...shoe biz now has like, 5 locations in the city, 3 of which are on haight..and they have amazing shoes.
that's helpful.. i have some time off now, so i've been venturing into the city (sf) to check out shops. i found a few i liked (azalea, ab fits) but a lot of them seem really low on stock, maybe it's not a good time to shop, just after all the sales.

01-07-2005
scenester

everytime i shop, i go to topshop and h&m, but often go into river island, zara, gap and dorothy perkins, too. being a poor student, i dont buy designer things for myself (gifts are beautiful things) and rarely buy from gap or zara if relying on my own cash.
although, sometimes, i love this little shopping outlet i found in skipton, which is quite classy. bit more expensive, but i love their night out outfits.
thrift is also a good friend of mine.
also, next is great, as long as i'm not in a choosy mood. i often shop online/order from the catalogue.

x

Last edited by allmyshoes; 01-07-2005 at 01:12 PM.
01-07-2005
scenester

I shop anywhere !!! I like to go to Nordies, Bloomies and NM for their variety + they have good exchange/return policy in case I change my mind about something. That's also where I get most of my jeans as well. I only like Saks when they have a shoe sale, otherwise, the customer service sucks big time

I like small boutique shops on Union St., Fillmore St., and also in Carmel 'cos I get to find cute unusual stuff. I love Anthropologie and BCBG always !!! Lately, I have been discovering Urban Outfitters Alot of hidden gems Also, Zara and H&M will be opening in SF soon and I simply cannot wait !

I only shop at Gap or ON for basics like camis or cardies. I refuse to buy anything else esp if the item has prints because the whole world seems to be wearing/carrying Gap/ON. No fun, I hate the thought of running into anyone wearing/carrying the same thing as me, very embarassing !!!

I am not a fan of Macy's the stuff just seems so junkie/messy and you need to spend loads of time searching for the item you want, which in my opinion is just not worth the effort.

I also shop in Asia, when I make my yearly pilgrimage, in either Singapore or Hong Kong. They have really cute stuff or brands that you can't usually find here (e.g. Mango, Morgan and other local designers).

01-07-2005
fashion elite

H&M in FRISCO?! ^^^

Oh my gosh! When?!

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmyshoes
everytime i shop, i go to topshop and h&m, but often go into river island, zara, gap and dorothy perkins, too.
I love Top Shop !!!! I like River Island ! They have really cute stuff and also Oasis !

01-07-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
H&M in FRISCO?! ^^^

Oh my gosh! When?!
check out this article - it says late 2005 !
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=business

better late then never !

01-07-2005
front row

yeah its cool that they're opening h&m on powell st. while zara is going to open on post st.

front row

i tend to shop at: forever 21 for acessories, ross & marshall's because i don't have that much money, goodwill and other thrift stores, & i like looking around at nordstrom and urban outifitters.

V.I.P.

Well, when I shop it means I shop for myself, but seeing how Im extremely choosy, i always end up buying things for my sister. When it comes to me, so many stores out there dont match my style. Stores I can afford mind you. I find Club Monaco great for knits and shirts, but not for pants. They are all straight leg, so if youre not 5'11" and a 30" waist (I got the waist, not the height) you can forget about it. I used to buy a lot from Club Monaco when I worked there (good staff discount!!!). For pants I go to Mexx. I used to work there and I hated the clothes except the dress pants, everything else without exception is hideous. Surprisingly, I have yet to purachase anything at H&M, I only buy stuff for my sister there. I never ever go to "popular" shoe stores such as Aldo, the quality is disgusting and the prices are unjustifiably high. I usually go through a couple of Converse shoes a year and I'll buy a pair of expensive loafers from some Unknown "old man" store. As for vintage I'll often go Queen Street or Kengsington Market in Toronto. I especially like Tribal Rhythm on Queen Street. I havent shopped at Vallue Village in ages, but I should. I've found some amazing silk ties there in the past.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

Last edited by Pastry; 01-07-2005 at 11:05 PM.
06-07-2005
windowshopping

I miss things up. I shop at:

Urban Outfitters www.urbanoutfitters.com
Kitten www.kittencouture.com
Some local vintage stores
Some local boutiques

I've learned it doesn't matter how much you spend as long as you have style

07-07-2005
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matahara07
I've learned it doesn't matter how much you spend as long as you have style
So true...!

07-07-2005
windowshopping

I shop at department stores like Marshall Field's, Nordstrom, Bloomie's, and small boutiques.

07-07-2005
front row

I'm fortunate enough to travel a lot because of my job, so for instance I always buy a pair of shoes when I go to Milan. I like Hong Kong and Taipei for clothes and shoes - the designs are different to what you get in Europe (although I've noticed that our stores do copy the shapes, eventually).
I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow so I'll probably buy something there.
Otherwise when I'm in London I do the rounds of the charity shops once a week, my favourite chainstore by far is H & M and I always look in TK MAXX if I'm in that part of town.
I shop on eBay often, I buy vintage or designer (mainly bags) but I've managed quite well because I've learned to spot fakes (it helps that I don't like heavily logo'd bags or 'It' bags.
I also buy quite a bit of designer clothing from Netaporter.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shop