Where do you shop? - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-07-2005
windowshopping

Stores
Designer Deals: I scower Loeman's in New York ...save all the membership tickets so I get 75% off. Buy amazing Prada, Fendi, etc shoes and boots here.

Cheap Stuff that looks designer: Zara, H&M, all those cheap stores you would never think you'de find anything at but you do

Cool cheap stuff: Downtown Los Angeles in the fashion district....amazing stuff for very cheap!! I love searching down there. Everything is wholesale..

Last edited by utopia; 15-07-2005 at 10:52 AM. Reason: advertising own site
13-07-2005
front row

I like to shop at Dillard's, Belk's, Nordstroms (mostly online) Theory Outlet, Hecht's, the gap, New York & Company for some basic tops and pants, better cosignment stores and of course ebay.

14-07-2005
windowshopping

I like to mix it up - vintage with lables, and i love shopping online for deals. my new favorite store are gojane.com and kittencouture.com

15-07-2005
backstage pass

Gosh, I shop EVERYWHERE!

Mostly, for deals-T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Belk, Macy's

Other's I love-Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Banana Republic, Limited, Wet Seal (if I am looking for something trendy), Gap, Old Navy (occasionally), and any boutiques that carry the brands that the other's don't.

15-07-2005
windowshopping

I'm a high street person. I shop at TopShop, Miss Selfridge, New Look, River Island, H&M, USC, Mango, Zara and other places that I can't remember.

15-07-2005
trendsetter

Alot of places, but my favorites are neiman marcus, kitson and holt renfrew.

12-10-2005
front row

I also like to shop at Neiman Marcus, J. Jill, Cache and J Crew. I'm a very clean line, basic color, simple pattern, classic cut kinda-of-gal. Designers I find consistent with my style are Ralph, Kenneth Cole, Calvin, DVF, Michael Kors and Carolina Herrera.

12-10-2005
fashion icon

Mostly in Athens, Kolonaki, glifada, omonoia. I love the shops Carouzos, Sotris, Linea Piu, Free Shop (where i got my balenciaga). I ALSO adore ZARA!!! and mango.

Outside Greece, Paris Champs Elysee!!!!!!!!!! Both sides!!!

Now that i'm going to NY, i want to go to Barney's, Bergdorf, Saks, and almost everywhere!!!

#Resist

I don't really like the way I shop ... I like the results, but I'm not that pleased with how I get there. I end up doing a lot at Neimans and Nordstroms (and therefore at the big malls) just because they're convenient and their buyers are good. I want to branch out more to the mom & pops ... I also buy online from Bergdorf's or from wherever I need to call to get stuff I'm aware of but isn't carried by anyone here. My jewelry is generally either antique/vintage or from Ylang23, which is a mom & pop ... but unfortunately the mom has an attitude that tops anything to be found at Neiman's. If I could find their selection anywhere else, I would My SA is a sweetheart though.

12-10-2005
V.I.P.

Handbags - Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, www.aloharag.com

Clothing - WASTELAND! I love the store on Haight and Ashbury in San Francisco, but I have to settle for the one here on Melrose. There are lots of high end and local designers [Marc Jacobs jacket for $40, Rock and Republic jeans for $30] and vintage shirts/dresses/shoes.

Santee Alley in LA's Fashion District is a good place to go to get really cheap clothes or shoes.

I always love to shop for bargains

12-10-2005
frozen

club monaco is great for basics, and now that there's a zara in san francisco, i've been spending a great deal of time there.

for nicer things, i've been doing alot of shopping online (places like shopbop.com, intermix, standard style, scoop) because i can't find them here. the problem with that is you don't know if it's going to fit, and you have to send things back...

i usually make 2 trips to nyc a year, and i try to time it for a major sale (barneys warehouse especially) or make a list of things i need/stores to go to...

i buy alot of jewelry (i'm a big earring person) from street vendors...they have great pieces that are unique and fairly inexpensive...

for shoes, it's usually macy's, neiman, nordstrom or saks, same for bags. i've become good friends with the SAs at neiman's and the marc jacobs store.

backstage pass

I live on Michigan Avenue, that is Champs Elysee or 5th ave of Chicago. My neighbors are Neiman Marcus, Prada, Chanel, Gucci M. Field's etc

So I take my daughter and we visit our neighbors every saturday and sunday

12-10-2005
scenester

Most of the time.........H&M and TK Maxx for actual shops and vintage stuffs from the camden locks.....they rule and they are ridiculously cheap!
At sale time....Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols....the best one for sales are Harrods but Selfridges can be better at times especially when they hold there extra 20% off weekends! Harvey Nichols is pretty great as well as there clothes are gonna be markeds down loads of time so that they can be sold.
Oh yeah, some shops in oxford street rules too, Zara and united colour of benetton....I only go there during sales as they are a bit expensive for something i can get cheaper at H&M.

12-10-2005
V.I.P.

wow...too many

basic office clothes: Jcrew,theory
Occasionally shop at H&M or Benetton if I see anything with good quality

Neiman Marcus, Saks, Alan Bilzerian, Louis Boston (their 2 sales/yr),Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs,Chanel, Balenciaga NY (I called them to order my bag),Barney's NY when I go to NY, and Filene's Basement.
online...yoox.com,NAP.com but I returned what I bought.

13-10-2005
front row

J. Crew--They do the classics well, like button-down work shirts and dress slacks. I also stock up on their tissue and vintage tees.

Gap--I limit myself to the basics mainly, like tees or jeans. I've found that no matter how cute I think something was initially, I get tired of it pretty quick. NOt sure why that is.

Old Navy--Every once in awhile something really cute comes up. And when i need something to serve a purpose quickly, like a beach tote, I pop in here.

Banana Republic--A lot of their stuff is too sturdily constructed for me, which sounds weird. I think some of their things don't hang well on me for this reason. But I like their coats for that same reason.

Urban Outfitters--UO is great for the quirky cute tops. The pants fit well too, with a low rise but not obscene. Their accessories are distinctive too.

Thrift Stores--Some of my favorite things come from Value Village, Goodwill, etc. Must be willing to put in the time, but they can yield some unique finds.

Anthropologie--I like the undies here. I like the look of things in general, but when I try them on, it doesn't seem good enough to justify the cost.

American Eagle--I've been pretty impressed about how their stuff holds up without pilling or getting misshapen. Some cute things here, too. Good memories for me because AE was the hippest clothing store in my old college town, if that gives you a sense of my university's size.

Abercrombie--They have cute things but I can't bear to enter their stores. The music drives me out if the whole atmosphere didn't. If I want something, I order online.

Nordstroms--A recent new place to shop. Still sussing it out.

Buffalo Exchange--Half thrift/half vintage.

Crossroads Trading Co.--Same, with slightly trendier stuff.

TJ Maxx--I could spend hours here. Not been finding as many things I like here lately though, after TFS has changed my shopping style.

Forever 21--I feel so old in here. But the stuff is cute, trendy, and fairly cheap. When I shop to cheer me up, this is one store that I hit because it's fun stuff without the guilt.

I'm gingerly making my way in to higher end stuff, but right now I'm in the "research" phase, rather than the acquisition phase.

Phew! Didn't mean to ramble on quite so long.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shop