Would you use this service? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-02-2005
backstage pass

Would you use this service?
Hi girls and boys - Unfortunately, I will be let go of my technical job preety soon (next week). I am considering all my options right now. One is a career change and the other is starting my own business...I need your opinions on an idea of mine from ESPECIALLY the working executive women or men in the group (hopefully won't be stolen by anyone )

My question is....Would you buy a pre packaged seasonal work wardrobe completely styled, consisting of mid-brand names such as dkny, bcbg, etc., from an online store? If so, how would much would you pay for it (assuming you get a whole seasons worth of clothes about 50 pieces, sans shoes and accesories)?

Ask me any questions to clarify if you want

I appreciate your feedback...

front row

hrm
I like your idea because Ive never even heard of it before...however, some of the more fashion forward people might be hesitant because there would not be any personalization...so you might want to put together 100 complete outfits, and have check-boxes beside them so people can at least go through a list and choose what they want....just a suggestion. say people can pick 50....

i would be interested to know if this takes off....there are a lot of people out there that have no clue how to dress themselves and no time (however I think that the people here are not your targeted audience...most people here enjoy fashion and the choices surrounding fashion that they get to make each day)

good luck!!!!
like I said, keep me posted.

01-03-2005
V.I.P.

it is a very good idea, i can see people going for it, especially middle class women who are very brand loyal. you might also want to look into it for MEN, because the average American male is completely clueless when it comes to fashion and having 50 outfits delivered to him would make life a hell of a lot easier.

01-03-2005
backstage pass

Arksiel - That's is a great idea. Variety and personalization is one of the many challanges that I have to find a solution to...I will definitely consider that option! Thanks If you want I can add you to my mailing list. Just PM me what your email is. As for my target market - a high-mid class household woman/man who works at a high paced corporate environment who either doesn't have the time or the creativity to come up with outfits.

Prep - Men's line is definitely an idea also. It is one of my growth strategies. I even considered starting with men's and moving on to a ladies line. Still keeping the option open but it seems to me there are more challanges with starting with that idea. But I will see

trendsetter

Punkie, what a great idea!

05-03-2005
trendsetter

Personally, I wouldn't because I would feel like it would be to standardized and I hate having the same style as everyone else, but I know that if my mom had more money to spend on clothes, she would definetly do it because she hates spending time on shopping, so that would make her life a hell of a lot easier. Also, I know that a lot of women who work a lot and have really good jobs are always too busy to spend a lot of time shopping, so I think that they would definetly consider this, especially if you offered them brands that are "in" in their area. The mens idea sounds really good.

05-03-2005
tea time

i personally wouldnt use it since im not your target audience and really have no need for this service.

but i love the idea i bet theres loads of people who wish this service was avalible to them to make shopping that much easier. especiallyif they just didnt have the time to do it.

well done great idea hope it all goes well

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
05-03-2005
front row

Your problem might be whether people want to buy a whole wardrobe, when they will presumably already have some clothes that they can still wear. I guess you could get round that by offering different 'sizes', in terms of the number of pieces.

Another thing is whether they would be willing (or able) to pay out such a large sum in one go for clothes, as opposed to spending smaller amounts each month.

05-03-2005
doom doom doom

50 pieces of designer clothing all at once? Damn, that's gonna be expensive...

06-03-2005
trendsetter

If you found a way to make it into monthly installments instead of paying all at once it might work better.

01-04-2005
windowshopping

I like the idea. Very original.

02-04-2005
rising star

but what kind of margin would you get selling this whole "wardrobe"? what kind of mark-up would you have? not only would a person be paying for 50 pieces, but they'd also pay for the service on top of that. From a business point of view, you may not make that much profit. Question is - how much value would your average customer put into the "service" that you're providing?

02-04-2005
rising star

if you let people pick and choose the outfits, then it's pretty much the same as just an online clothing store. the service is putting a "wardrobe" together, is it not?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
service