How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-12-2004
front row

i love this even thought it's way expensive. But i know no one else that i know would have something like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guatier.jpg (31.7 KB, 34 views)

03-12-2004
backstage pass

This Cloak cardigan. Love the buttons, the contrast ribbing detail that extends to hood and the side pocket which allow for a seamless look. It's at Atelier on Crosby St in Soho....a mens store profiled by NY Magazine. NY Soho experts (Faust, Soft) is this somewhere new or am I out of the loop as always.....I didn't see this piece at Barneys....

Link to store profile:
Soho Spots

03-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Dec 3 2004, 11:10 AM
This Cloak cardigan. Love the buttons, the contrast ribbing detail that extends to hood and the side pocket which allow for a seamless look. It's at Atelier on Crosby St in Soho....a mens store profiled by NY Magazine. NY Soho experts (Faust, Soft) is this somewhere new or am I out of the loop as always.....I didn't see this piece at Barneys....

Link to store profile:
Soho Spots
[snapback]449048[/snapback]
Hah, are you kidding me? It's my favorite store! A website I own this cardigan in gravel color, which I prefer because it makes the weave more visible. They also have it at Opening Ceremony (that's where I bought mine, for $425, no less ).

03-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexN@Dec 2 2004, 04:34 PM
Awesome coat, Faust. Who's it by?

Kimair, I'm not sure what I think about them. I think I'd have to see 'em on.
[snapback]448011[/snapback]
Dirk Bikkimbergs

03-12-2004
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Dec 2 2004, 03:33 PM
For my wife (maybe, if it goes down in price). Just wanted to get a general opinion.

Detail shot

[snapback]447786[/snapback]

very nice faust - I like the ties actually. c'est combien?

03-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by helena@Dec 3 2004, 11:49 AM
very nice faust - I like the ties actually. c'est combien?
[snapback]449113[/snapback]
they have two versions, $700-800. I think it'll go down in price further though...

03-12-2004
Swim Upstream

yes I'd wait. There are two pairs of veronique B shoes I have been coveting - think they'll go down too. I must leave this thread as I am **** at posting pics.

03-12-2004
backstage pass

Thanks Faust!
Too bad the website doesn't show much.
I have to check it out next week as I need to make a stop in Bloomies Soho....what type of wool is the cardigan? I am hoping it isn't lambswool which pills so badly and looks ugly after a few wears IMO. Is it warm? Perhaps it is a mercerized wool or a virgin wool? $500 seems bad but not really as I would consider this an outerwear piece, one that will get many wearings...it could easily be priced higher IMO. I want it. and this after I spent tons at the Theory sale......

Oh when does this store have sales.......

03-12-2004
backstage pass

Exactly which is why I am waiting on my Costume National jacket. I just need one more markdown to bring it down to around $400 and then I am getting it. They will have steeper markdowns next month if I recall correctly from last year.

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Dec 3 2004, 11:50 AM
they have two versions, $700-800. I think it'll go down in price further though...
[snapback]449116[/snapback]

03-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Dec 3 2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks Faust!
Too bad the website doesn't show much.
I have to check it out next week as I need to make a stop in Bloomies Soho....what type of wool is the cardigan? I am hoping it isn't lambswool which pills so badly and looks ugly after a few wears IMO. Is it warm? Perhaps it is a mercerized wool or a virgin wool? $500 seems bad but not really as I would consider this an outerwear piece, one that will get many wearings...it could easily be priced higher IMO. I want it.* and this after I spent tons at the Theory sale......

Oh when does this store have sales....... *
[snapback]449127[/snapback]

The entire store is on sale already, 30% off. You can tell the guys at A that Eugene sent you (not that it matters much, but they'll take care of you ). When you'll be there, I would definitely check Opening Ceremony for Cloak stuff first (it's a little below Bloomies, on Crosby/Bway and Howard, one street below Grand). The cardigan is definitely an outwear piece, that's how I use it and that's why I think it was worth the money. The composition is acutally Wool/Alpaca(makes it incredibly soft). It does pill a bit, but I don't mind. I can take the peel off with sizzors. It's entirely hand-knit in China (which doesn't bother me, whereelse would handknit something like that for such a price?).

03-12-2004
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
Originally posted by raijin@Nov 27 2004, 05:31 PM

If you've been to restir or barneys recently runner, do they still have some jackets by masaki left?
[snapback]441562[/snapback]
I think there are some left in Restir.

Let the stars decide

03-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Dec 3 2004, 12:02 PM
The entire store is on sale already, 30% off. You can tell the guys at A that Eugene sent you (not that it matters much, but they'll take care of you ). When you'll be there, I would definitely check Opening Ceremony for Cloak stuff first (it's a little below Bloomies, on Crosby/Bway and Howard, one street below Grand). The cardigan is definitely an outwear piece, that's how I use it and that's why I think it was worth the money. The composition is acutally Wool/Alpaca(makes it incredibly soft). It does pill a bit, but I don't mind. I can take the peel off with sizzors. It's entirely hand-knit in China (which doesn't bother me, whereelse would handknit something like that for such a price?).
[snapback]449135[/snapback]

Theory, here is a picture of the one I bought. You can see what I mean by the color showing off the knitting better.

03-12-2004
backstage pass

Wow its really nice Faust, thanks for the link! What color are the buttons on the brown cardigan...I wonder if its like a bone color instead of a darker color on the grey one....it appears they don't show when it is buttoned.
I like alpaca and its kinda a fuzzy wool to begin with so the pilling will not be problematic as it will appear as a natural thing..the possibilities with that cardigan are endless........I have to seriously consider this and I know with the sales now I don't have much time to think.......decisions, decisions........

03-12-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Dec 3 2004, 03:45 PM
Wow its really nice Faust, thanks for the link! What color are the buttons on the brown cardigan...I wonder if its like a bone color instead of a darker color on the grey one....it appears they don't show when it is buttoned.
I like alpaca and its kinda a fuzzy wool to begin with so the pilling will not be problematic as it will appear as a natural thing..the possibilities with that cardigan are endless........I have to seriously consider this and I know with the sales now I don't have much time to think.......decisions, decisions........
[snapback]449498[/snapback]

I hear you. The buttons are dark brown, darker than the cardigan, with a little golden inset. BTW, so randomly I ran into the owner of Opening Ceremony at the Staff International sale, so I took the liberty of saying you might show up . He still has the cardigan in size L (I assumed that's your size, since I know your height) and their sale will start next week. But I wonder if you can talk him into giving you the discount. Remember it's $425 there, so it makes the thinking easier

03-12-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Dec 3 2004, 03:53 PM
I hear you. The buttons are dark brown, darker than the cardigan, with a little golden inset.
I've loved that cardigan ever since you first posted a pic of it...I think if there's any left at A by the time I get there I might end up getting that for my big winter purchase this year...the price isn't cheap for me but definitely reasonable for something of that make.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay