How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-08-2005
elementary.

the more i look at them
the more i think they're not 'right'
they need to be perfect to work as ankle boots for me !
b/c ankle boots are imo so hard to pull off . .
definitely need a higher heel
one day . . the mj boots i think

01-08-2005
V.I.P.

i have a dilemma there is now only one coat left on yoox that i am planning to get for mrs. faust as a bday present (that everyone in this thread loved so much), and they have a 7 day return policy and the bday is not for another 3 weeks. what to do? what if it doesn't fit and i can't return it? i hate the idea of giving a bday present early .

01-08-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think a wise choice chanel...with ankle boots, they should be perfect.

faust, is there anywhere where it would still be in store so that she could try on? Does she have any other garments by this designer (just for reference sake?) I'm sorry I didn't see the original post talking about it....you might just need to risk it...unless it's a notoriously ill fitting designer in which case i say don't get it....better to have something that fits than nothing at all.....unless the areas it doesn't fit could be altered.....sorry i'm not much of a help

01-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
I think a wise choice chanel...with ankle boots, they should be perfect.

faust, is there anywhere where it would still be in store so that she could try on? Does she have any other garments by this designer (just for reference sake?) I'm sorry I didn't see the original post talking about it....you might just need to risk it...unless it's a notoriously ill fitting designer in which case i say don't get it....better to have something that fits than nothing at all.....unless the areas it doesn't fit could be altered.....sorry i'm not much of a help
it's on page 95, post #1887 (i think). and the answers are no and no to your questions

01-08-2005
doom doom doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
i have a dilemma there is now only one coat left on yoox that i am planning to get for mrs. faust as a bday present (that everyone in this thread loved so much), and they have a 7 day return policy and the bday is not for another 3 weeks. what to do? what if it doesn't fit and i can't return it? i hate the idea of giving a bday present early .
Find another woman of the same size as the Mrs. and make her try it on?

01-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl
Find another woman of the same size as the Mrs. and make her try it on?
hmmm, that's an idea.

01-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Ok, I clarified the return policy, it's 10 business days (could technically become 14 calendar days) after the day I receive it. So, I think I will take a chance and wait a week, and then buy it.

Sorry to have derailed this thread

01-08-2005
flaunt the imperfection

very nice faust...
do they have one in my size?......

kidding...i'm being good...

01-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
very nice faust...
do they have one in my size?......

kidding...i'm being good...
you are safe, this is the only one.

03-08-2005
windowshopping

What do you think about these boots?
Hi, my first topic anyway i've been wanting a pair of boots for awhile but I can't afford any really nice and fancy ones. I came across these and although they're not fancy and do not have a heel, I still like them. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of them before I jump the shark and purchase them. Also, if you do like them... what would you wear with them?

thanks

ps. if anyone has any suggestions for some nice boots.. greatly appreciated!

03-08-2005
front row

I think they are cute, although i think you would be limited in things you would be able to wear... i think a mini would look cute!! i prefer the black to the brown though!
sorry this isnt much help!!!

03-08-2005
mindbottled

Meg, i think as long as you wear colours that complement both you and the skirt, you'll look fab. I'm thinking peaches, grays and other colours in the same shades, just not black. Have you decided yet?

I'm undecided about these Chloe heels from NAP. There's a 41.5 left, and i'm quite tempted...I don't know if they're too 'old' for me. I have been looking for royal blue heels and i can see at least a couple of outfits with them.

I'm 22 and prefer higher heels, and my style is kinda hard to pin down, i guess the easiest description is 'unique chic!' (without putting tickets on myself.)

03-08-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I'm nay at the moment on the chloe skirt, just because i'm hoping something better will come along and i keep spending money on other things

As for the chloe heels....the color is gorgeous but something about them is just...awkward...however, if you quite like the design than I would say yay. they could look quite nice on.....I don't think by any means they are too old looking.

03-08-2005
V.I.P.

nay to Chloe heels

03-08-2005
about to fall or fly

monappetit i really like those, i almost bought them! i didn't though because i couldn't try them on and my feet are tricky to size without having the shoe in front of me. anyway i would say yay, but they are a particular style that might not look good with everything..if you want an all-around boot, this might not be the one for you. but i think they're awesome looking, just make sure you like how they look on.

uniquechic nay on the chloe shoes..i don't like the shape or the two-tone, but the color is nice. i think you could find nicer royal blue heels, and i don't think they look too old, either.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay