How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-09-2005
trendsetter

These shoes:-

02-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

trendoid, i say nay, it is too balenciaga for me.

Johnny-for me it's hard to say. I like their style and color but the more I look at them the more I think of a pair of my dads old scuffed up rockports and if thats the look you're going for, I can send you a pair for free

02-09-2005
doom doom doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
Those are NDC right? I like them, although I prefer by far their Oxford model with metallic finish.

02-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
trendoid, i say nay, it is too balenciaga for me.

Johnny-for me it's hard to say. I like their style and color but the more I look at them the more I think of a pair of my dads old scuffed up rockports and if thats the look you're going for, I can send you a pair for free
appearance can be deceiving i think these look just not-used enough not to be confused with old beat up shoes, the way Margiela's new line 22 can.

They look incredibly well made, just look at that sole .

YAY!

02-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

i trust you are more familiar with the brand than I, faust as I haven't seen any of their shoes in person ever (maybe perhaps due to the fact I don't go shopping for mens shoes? )

02-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
i trust you are more familiar with the brand than I, faust as I haven't seen any of their shoes in person ever (maybe perhaps due to the fact I don't go shopping for mens shoes? )
. I have seen some of NDC in person, yes. Like you, I am also against dumpster looking shoes, but I think these pass the test. Something like this now, I wouldn't buy (Martin Margiela, $900):

02-09-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
...are FABULOUS. A resounding YAY.

Of course, I'm biased, but that's because I own 4 pairs of N.D.C. now. And I would buy more, as the washed leathers are seasonless. Not only are they the most comfortable shoes I own (even, moreso, than some sneakers), but while they look terrible on the rack, they're both deconstructeed looking enough to look very nonchalant, but are refined enough in their shape to even wear to evening affairs. I can't praise N.D.C. enough - I'm almost obsessed with them.

I tried those brogues on at Barneys Coop a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to buy them but since I already have at least 3 brogue-style shoes in my wardrobe, I went for another color and style that I wore out of the store immediately - and they were instantly comfortable (as with all my N.D.C.s). They're going for around $400 at Barneys Co-op, so if you know the Japanese price, you should consider buying them from Barneys as they might be cheaper, since Japanese prices are generally 30% more .

02-09-2005
doom doom doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
...are FABULOUS. A resounding YAY.

Of course, I'm biased, but that's because I own 4 pairs of N.D.C. now. And I would buy more, as the washed leathers are seasonless. Not only are they the most comfortable shoes I own (even, moreso, than some sneakers), but while they look terrible on the rack, they're both deconstructeed looking enough to look very nonchalant, but are refined enough in their shape to even wear to evening affairs. I can't praise N.D.C. enough - I'm almost obsessed with them.

I tried those brogues on at Barneys Coop a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to buy them but since I already have at least 3 brogue-style shoes in my wardrobe, I went for another color and style that I wore out of the store immediately - and they were instantly comfortable (as with all my N.D.C.s). They're going for around $400 at Barneys Co-op, so if you know the Japanese price, you should consider buying them from Barneys as they might be cheaper, since Japanese prices are generally 30% more .
I've been wearing my Lord Henry Wotton NDC's for about 3 weeks now, but the sole seems so used up already, is it normal and how do you actually take care of it (aside from cycling with other shoes). Also, how do you take care of distressed leather, I mean if you polish them, wouldn't it take away the distressed aspect of it? Thanks!

02-09-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl
I've been wearing my Lord Henry Wotton NDC's for about 3 weeks now, but the sole seems so used up already, is it normal and how do you actually take care of it (aside from cycling with other shoes). Also, how do you take care of distressed leather, I mean if you polish them, wouldn't it take away the distressed aspect of it? Thanks!
I actually have the same ones - my Wottons are in a light, workman's boot yellow shade. I have to say, I'm pretty hard on some shoes but not so much on others, and my N.D.C.s have actually resisted the normal wear I put them through (as opposed to my Miu-Mius, which seem to wear faster despite my not wearing them as often). I think you probably are pretty hard on your soles in general? I usually wear the outside of my heels first, but haven't worn out the soles of my shoes in ages (mostly because I cycle about 20 pairs a season normally, so if the Miu Mius are getting worn, that says something about the grade of their leather heels).

As far as the uppers go, don't polish the shoes, as they will darken and lose their matte finish. Perhaps you might want to just wipe them with a soft, dry cloth like a chamois periodically (NDC's shoe bags aren't, but Prada's are, so if you have those, those are better). Also, don't let them get soaked in rain, as that darkens the leather too. It's okay if they get wet a bit (spots disappear fairly immediately), but soaking them because they're not polished tends to change the finish, from what I've seen of my friend's shoes. I seem to remember leather conditioners that don't impart a shine, but if you find any (the type that is recommended for leather pants, for example), you may want to test them inside the shoe, in an inconspicuous area first, just to be sure. Hope this helps.

02-09-2005
doom doom doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
I actually have the same ones - my Wottons are in a light, workman's boot yellow shade. I have to say, I'm pretty hard on some shoes but not so much on others, and my N.D.C.s have actually resisted the normal wear I put them through (as opposed to my Miu-Mius, which seem to wear faster despite my not wearing them as often). I think you probably are pretty hard on your soles in general? I usually wear the outside of my heels first, but haven't worn out the soles of my shoes in ages (mostly because I cycle about 20 pairs a season normally, so if the Miu Mius are getting worn, that says something about the grade of their leather heels).

As far as the uppers go, don't polish the shoes, as they will darken and lose their matte finish. Perhaps you might want to just wipe them with a soft, dry cloth like a chamois periodically (NDC's shoe bags aren't, but Prada's are, so if you have those, those are better). Also, don't let them get soaked in rain, as that darkens the leather too. It's okay if they get wet a bit (spots disappear fairly immediately), but soaking them because they're not polished tends to change the finish, from what I've seen of my friend's shoes. I seem to remember leather conditioners that don't impart a shine, but if you find any (the type that is recommended for leather pants, for example), you may want to test them inside the shoe, in an inconspicuous area first, just to be sure. Hope this helps.
Thanks man, I'd give you karma but it says I gotta spread some more around

02-09-2005
Yes, please

/\ No worries! If you love them enough that you're wearing them into the ground, that's all I need to know as a fellow fan!

02-09-2005
backstage pass

^ you two make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

02-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea of stitches
^ you two make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

02-09-2005
V.I.P.

I'm looking for a nice winter coat and so far I've tried:

Vuitton...very fitted. princess like A line coat $3,800 Fur collar.
Yhoji (the left one in the picture). it fit better on me so it's actually fitted like a big dress $2,800
Alexander McQueen coat. about $2,000. Also very fitted with belt. Fur collar.

The yhoji coat, y or n?
Are those prices too high for a nice coat? Can I still get any nice smallest size coats left when the sales starts? Any thoughts guys?

The yohji coat:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yohji coat.JPG (64.8 KB, 16 views)

02-09-2005
doom doom doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
I'm looking for a nice winter coat and so far I've tried:

Vuitton...very fitted. princess like A line coat $3,800 Fur collar.
Yhoji (the left one in the picture). it fit better on me so it's actually fitted like a big dress $2,800
Alexander McQueen coat. about $2,000. Also very fitted with belt. Fur collar.

The yhoji coat, y or n?
Are those prices too high for a nice coat? Can I still get any nice smallest size coats left when the sales starts? Any thoughts guys?

The yohji coat:
I love that Yohji coat!!!

They also have it for sale at www.luisaviaroma.com for 2,075 Euros in a size 2 and when it goes on sale it'll most probably be half price (it'll probably be there until the sale starts). I think it is worth it as it is more of a timeless piece that you can wear year after year.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay