How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

well if she doesn't take it, i'll take it! those two pieces are amaazing... love the way the yohji coat looks in profile and the junya... ah you could do so much with it!

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

Thanks everybody!
IN fact, I need a winter coat IN ADDITION TO the Junya fall jacket. I always need fall jackets:p,so yet to the Junya jacket. I really need a statement coat though. It seems to me now the Balenciaga coat is not available in my size, and the Yohji coat might be gone before sale. oh well, I take risk and let's see. In the worst scenario, i'll just save up and buy coat at full price in next year. The market is crazy!!
The only thing the Balenciaga bothers me is that it doens't define the waist. I have a small waist, so I do want to show it off:p I tried on my friend's LV coat and it was divine on me. However, it is really not my policy to purchase a coat at $4k price. Let's see how everything works out.
Barney's didn't appear to have lots of Lanvin pieces and most of them in the store looked old. Being said that, it's a great store.

16-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
well if she doesn't take it, i'll take it! those two pieces are amaazing... love the way the yohji coat looks in profile and the junya... ah you could do so much with it!
I agree, Meow. I firmly believe that I'll get the Junya jacket.

16-10-2005
trendsetter

caffeine, you look super cute in all of them...

but i agree that you look super hot in the profile pic with the marc by mj skirt and the junya jacket... you've got it down girl.

i sound like a valley girl with the 'super's throughout this post.

i don't think you're worth a second glance.

17-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
I had a great shopping trip in NYC and I've got the following pictures. What do you think?

The order is: Yohji Yamamoto coat worn in trench style. Is it too overwhelming?
Yohji Yamamoto coat (the same coat) worn in the way shown on runway. That piece was in a different store and it felt a lot bigger than the first one. It's bizarre...
Balenciaga military style coat. That one was one size bigger, I believe. Do I look like a Yohji person or a Balenciaga person???
Junya short jacket. It felt so different wearing it because the weight/gravity was special.

What do you guys think? as far as I know, that Balenciaga coat is not available anywhere in my size (36). People really buy expensive pieces at full price nowadays
The Yohji and the Balenciaga are both awesome. In terms of versatility/variability I'd say the Yohji like veryone else has. I'm a huge sucker for military-chic (hence old me being an old DH fan) which is why the Balenciaga appeals to me. I'm surprised to hear you say that it's a bit on the large side on you, it's not so darted in at the waist (you had mentioned this being a negative), but the shoulders seem to sit well on you.

If it can only be one, the Yohji. If two, I would get both. Does the Balenciaga look weird if you cinch down the belt so it shows your true waist? Not sure if it'll just look bunchy or nice like a typical A-coat silhouette.

The Junya doesn't really do it for me... it doesn't look very practical.

First two are awesome coats though!

17-10-2005
tfs star

hey caffeine

it has to be the junya jacket.
it seems more versatile. i can picture u looking smashing in that jacket in formal OR casual wear. it definitely has the most mileage!
*like your boots!

17-10-2005
trendsetter

Caffene, I think the junya looks best on you, then YY. The Balenciaga look nice but a little average compared to the other two. You could get something that looks very much like the Belenciaga much cheaper.

Chris, nay on the shoes, particularly because of the strangely thin sole. Not very good for winter. Try to check out the NDC as bakla says. There is one style in paricular with very rounded toes, as opposed to the more elongated shape they've been using up till now. They look v nice (although I haven't yet seen them "in person")

17-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
Caffene, I think the junya looks best on you, then YY. The Balenciaga look nice but a little average compared to the other two. You could get something that looks very much like the Belenciaga much cheaper.
2nd.

17-10-2005
front row

purechris - I second Bakla and Faust, especially on the comfort point. It's actually rather funny - I have a hard time believing any shoe could have survived long enough on a sole that weak to be that distressed.

caffeine - Definitely the Yohji. Worn either way it's a flattering silhouette on you. You can cinch it up to define your waist or let it drape, and that splash of red is a real "Wow!" feature.

I like the Junya, too, but it's a good deal more difficult to wear. I'm not liking it with the skirt you have one there...it looks completely unbalanced. Worn with a more neutrally-toned skirt, or a colorful one with more volume, it could work, but it's definitely not an everyday jacket unless you build your whole everyday wardrobe around it. Plus, it makes that waist you're so keen to show off completely disappear.

Yohji all the way, even at full price. The Junya only if you can get it on sale. And as for the Balenciaga...everyone is right, you could get a jacket in that style much cheaper elsewhere. It's one of the least "Balenciaga" items by Balenciaga I've seen in a while.

17-10-2005
Stitch:the Hand

^agreed as well. As much as I adore the sharpness of that Balenciaga it's really quite common and basic looking,to be honest. But,really,it appears as if you could pull off most anything...three totally different styles and shapes and they all look great on you,Caffeine.

17-10-2005
V.I.P.

Thanks Purexelegance.
Chinor1z, thank you for the input! The Balenciaga was definitely big and the shoulders are stiff so you can't really tell. The belt couldn't be adjusted so I don't think 38 will work out.
Woodoo_Mary, Thanks for the encouragment. I walked in the boots for a whole day and they were very comfortable yet stylish. thank you.
Good point Johnny and Faust.
Baron, that dress was my outfit when I went shopping, and I just put on the jacket. I actually like the combination of the two, but I think that a pair of tapered skinny pants will look better.
Thank you very much for the comments, Scott!

17-10-2005
backstage pass

caffeine, i agree with scott and le baron. the yohji jacket is just beautiful. and that side sillhouette of you in it is amazing.

17-10-2005
V.I.P.

Time for me to chime, Caffeine My order of preference:

1) Junya - seems pretty solidified as top runner already, but thought I'd throw in my vote
2) YY - REALLY like the profile silhouette of it trench style and I like the versatility... but I do find it slightly overwhelming though
3) Balenciaga - I don't really care for this one. Seems a little stiff to me and like you said, there's no definition of the waist...

Good luck BTW, is that the Marc by Marc skirt or dress and did you get it? The skirt's on the way as a potential for me...

17-10-2005
Stitch:the Hand

^yeah,the YY has alot of volume and it's heavy(no surprise)but I think she carries it rather well...and if worn pared down as done just trying it,it could work really,really well.

17-10-2005
elementary.

caffeine no contest. junya. DUH.

these black velvet cropped 'oliver' trousers . . . .!

plz forgive the awful picture !

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1xl.jpg (35.1 KB, 80 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay