How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-02-2005
trendsetter

These leather Linea pants.
I think I may actually make the big investment even if it kills most of my clothing budget for the season.

21-02-2005
EdK
trendsetter

dur hur.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin
How would you know unless you've tried it yourself?

21-02-2005
trendsetter

Whats that supposed to mean, Edk?

Last edited by raijin; 21-02-2005 at 10:42 PM.

21-02-2005
wabisabi*

that he's tried it on?

are cloak basics any good? i didn't like the jeans, and i saw pictures of one button up shirt (that i posted up on yay or nay previously) which was pretty plain.. should you just stick to the outerwear, knits, and stuff?

do you just call and ask what they have left? maybe after this exam is over i'll try my hand at this... edk, any tips would be appreciated. THANKS!

21-02-2005
trendsetter

Well the seller is in hk, and I'm fairly sure hes not a CCP fan (the shirt is from a quite old collection).

21-02-2005
kLm
front row

Are you asking me something about Cloak, or are you asking EdK something different?

21-02-2005
doom doom doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
that he's tried it on?

are cloak basics any good? i didn't like the jeans, and i saw pictures of one button up shirt (that i posted up on yay or nay previously) which was pretty plain.. should you just stick to the outerwear, knits, and stuff?

do you just call and ask what they have left? maybe after this exam is over i'll try my hand at this... edk, any tips would be appreciated. THANKS!
Actually, the button-down shirts I saw from FW04 were pretty basic but very nice, with interesting collar details (one has a strappy/asymmetric collar that's pretty cool) and they're pretty cheap (120-150$), their T-shirts have nice little graphics on them (naked lady in front with "Das Ende" printed in the back) although I'm not too sure of the quality, fabric seemed a bit thin and I don't think it's worth 60$.

21-02-2005
trendsetter

Im not a huge fan of Cloak basics, coldrice - but they do have some nice collared shirts now and again.

21-02-2005
trendsetter

I think coldrice meant to ask you, KLM.

21-02-2005
wabisabi*

oops i was asking you kLm. sorry, got mixed up.

21-02-2005
EdK
trendsetter

dang i cant believe those cloak items are still available, its almost march for god sake!

21-02-2005
kLm
front row

No problem, I was just confused.

Anyway, the basics are OK, in my opinion. Some nice detailing and construction, but I've found that the fit varies from item to item WAY too much and I personally wouldn't get anything without trying it on first. Some of the trousers I can fit into fine; the jeans, forget it. Actually, Cloak has a bit of a sizing problem overall, but I find it to be more apparent in the shirts and pants more than the sweaters, jackets, etc. They definitely need to work on their armholes on just about everything.

Anyway, I've just been calling places, and asking them to tell me what they have in stock in my size. Forget calling anywhere in NY, LA, Boston, or SF. I'm not a pushy guy, but since I'm willing to buy stuff I'm not worried about asking a salesperson to read me the item details off the tag to make sure I know exactly what they are talking about (the Cloak item descriptions on the website match up with what's on the tag--unfortunately, F/W 04 is not up any more). For some reason I hadn't been able to ring up that place in Atlanta until today, and when I called, the person immediately said they didn't have any Cloak left, and then he said "oh.. wait a minute," and they had some items left. A few places (can't remember which, but one was definitely U&I in Montreal) had quite a bit of stuff in smaller sizes last week when I called. The Canadian dollar isn't as weak against the US dollar as it was, but I got some steals from Canada this year anyway on some items.

Uh, so just call and ask them to tell you everything, I guess They're looking to clear space for Spring anyways...

EdK, I think this might be one of the last times you can find some prime Cloak items this late after the sales.. ;>

Last edited by kLm; 21-02-2005 at 11:58 PM.

22-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
i love the hair... :p

22-02-2005
wabisabi*

wish i could find one of those cloak knits... but i heard they sold out long long long ago.

22-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
grey version (says it's cotton)

I just got these. Woot! They are gorgeous and comfy and fit like a glove. Wouldn't expect anything else from CCP. They are black though, with a very subtle charcoal pinstripe.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay