How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
Thanks, but I can't get behind the small Yoox images, esp. since I'm not as familiar with the brand, so yay me, I get to save money. Well, okay no. I get to spend money elsewhere. I've been stalking the Collection Privée shoes as well as a pair of Co-Op boots that remind me of your Ann Dem ones over at the Barneys Warehouse Sale, but waiting for them to go below sea level in the price. Plus there's a Spring Jil Sander (yes - the horror!) belt with my name on it at the store uptown!

edit: However, I fully expect you to model your new pants for me in person if you like them, so that I may die of envy!
Sure thing, but I hope you don't die.

Yea, Yoox pix definitely suck. The ones I bought I saw in person, so I didn't mind. So are you going to the warehouse sale on Sunday? Because we might drop by with mrs. Faust.

04-03-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Sure thing, but I hope you don't die.

Yea, Yoox pix definitely suck. The ones I bought I saw in person, so I didn't mind. So are you going to the warehouse sale on Sunday? Because we might drop by with mrs. Faust.
I've been checking it out on an every-other-day basis. I already know what I want, and I just pass by to see what further reductions they have, and if my items are still there. If they get sold, no big whoop, but if they're there and below $100, I can't say no at that point. If I don't decide to buy my stuff today and wait instead, maybe I'll see you there.

04-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
I've been checking it out on an every-other-day basis. I already know what I want, and I just pass by to see what further reductions they have, and if my items are still there. If they get sold, no big whoop, but if they're there and below $100, I can't say no at that point. If I don't decide to buy my stuff today and wait instead, maybe I'll see you there.
cool

04-03-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

if anyone swings by the barney's warehouse sale...could you please post about furhter reductions?...
thanks!

last i was there all shoes were an addtl 25% off and all barney's private label clothing was an addtl 50% off...and that was it...

04-03-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
if anyone swings by the barney's warehouse sale...could you please post about furhter reductions?...
thanks!

last i was there all shoes were an addtl 25% off and all barney's private label clothing was an addtl 50% off...and that was it...
I just got back. I assume that it's the same for Men's & Women's departments, but shoes are reduced by an additional 40% today (up from yesterday's 25%). Tomorrow they'll be 50% off. Two different guys were trying on (different sizes, of course) the Collection Privee boots I was stalking, so I took them today. For an additional $30 off, it's not worth the possible loss. They're mine now, at $173 down from $595.

04-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
I just got back. I assume that it's the same for Men's & Women's departments, but shoes are reduced by an additional 40% today (up from yesterday's 25%). Tomorrow they'll be 50% off. Two different guys were trying on (different sizes, of course) the Collection Privee boots I was stalking, so I took them today. For an additional $30 off, it's not worth the possible loss. They're mine now, at $173 down from $595.
Sweet! Post pictures if you get a chance.

04-03-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

thanks babe...what about clothing?...did you notice?...
congrats on your new booties...

04-03-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
thanks babe...what about clothing?...did you notice?...
congrats on your new booties...
No, sorry - I went through all the men's designer stuff and saw nothing worth looking at. I didn't really go through the women's racks, esp. since I have no women to shop for.

I also bought a silver Jil Sander belt...Spring 2005.

05-03-2005
backstage pass

Hmm, I'm really tossing the idea around. What do you guys think of a finely woven black leather messenger back by Bottega Veneta? The weave is ultrafine and the leather is glossy but not patent leather.

I am able to score it for $250.... I don't know what retail is. It's beautiful but would I worry too much about getting it messed up?

Opinions/suggestions welcome. Unfortunately I don't have photos, but everyone knows the Bottega leather quality!

Thanks thanks,
Albert

05-03-2005
EdK
trendsetter

Quote:
I also bought a silver Jil Sander belt...Spring 2005.
which one you get? i got the thin one for 200 and i believe the thicker one was 220. its a pretty hefty price tag for such a thin belt but oh well. the Jil shop in chicago got wiped out of those thicker belts.

05-03-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
Hmm, I'm really tossing the idea around. What do you guys think of a finely woven black leather messenger back by Bottega Veneta? The weave is ultrafine and the leather is glossy but not patent leather.

I am able to score it for $250.... I don't know what retail is. It's beautiful but would I worry too much about getting it messed up?

Opinions/suggestions welcome. Unfortunately I don't have photos, but everyone knows the Bottega leather quality!

Thanks thanks,
Albert
At $250 it sounds cheap - but you should really consider what you use the bag for.. everyday use? Occasional fashion accent? If anything, the leather might look really great once it's worn in, as leather usually does.

The Jil store still has the belts in both widths at $195 & $220, but I got the wider one (last one in silver) at Jeffrey for $195.

Last edited by baklanyc; 05-03-2005 at 11:50 AM.

05-03-2005
backstage pass

thanks baklanyc!

05-03-2005
windowshopping

Operating on a Budget
First post! What does everyone think of this sweater? Yay or Nay?

Thanks!

05-03-2005
wabisabi*

that does sound really cheap Chinor1z, i'd like to see it. sounds interesting. wish it was more of a matte leather though. if you don't like it maybe i'll take it from you

d

05-03-2005
front row

Yay or Nay?

I saw this in town the other day, the stripes are more brown than black. I'm really not sure about it, but some part of me seems to like it. I guess its a bit unusual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hoodie.jpg (65.6 KB, 217 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay