How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-03-2005
  811
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Yay, Nay or "Way't" ?

I saw this Dries skirt in a store..in sand..and it's just what I want for summer..But here comes the tricky part..it's a bit of a gamble, what if I buy it too big or too small..I don't know how my waist is going too look after I give birth, or come june, july and august..or next summer for that matter..and while the store is willing to let me return the skirt within a month..if I go passed my due date (over time) then I won't be able to return it in time in case it doesn't fit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dries van note ss05-05.jpg (22.4 KB, 4 views)

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
 
 
08-03-2005
  812
Swim Upstream
 
helena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,460
Hanne - its very nice! How easy would it be to alter if you were to need to? If you got it slightly big you could have it taken in when your waist has shrunk. Its tricksy isn't it?

 
08-03-2005
  813
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Hanne - its very nice! How easy would it be to alter if you were to need to? If you got it slightly big you could have it taken in when your waist has shrunk. Its tricksy isn't it?
Thank you helena
I don't know how easy it would be to alter..but I wouldn't want to..
I wouldn't mind meddling with a skirt if it was cheap..but I feel that if I buy that dries..it should fit..otherwise whats the point of paying that amount?

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
 
08-03-2005
  814
Swim Upstream
 
helena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,460
hanne - but a simple little adjustment to the waist would be ok would it not?

 
08-03-2005
  815
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
hanne - but a simple little adjustment to the waist would be ok would it not?
Maybe..I think I need to go by the boutique again and have a closer look..it would be easier to see if I could actually put it on...I've been toying with the idea of bringing skirts that fit me pre-pregnancy to the store to see what size I should (?) get the skirt in..because apparently those that bought the skirt bought it a size larger than they usually would wear..God, I hate size inconsistancy.

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
 
08-03-2005
  816
Swim Upstream
 
helena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
Maybe..I think I need to go by the boutique again and have a closer look..it would be easier to see if I could actually put it on...I've been toying with the idea of bringing skirts that fit me pre-pregnancy to the store to see what size I should (?) get the skirt in..because apparently those that bought the skirt bought it a size larger than they usually would wear..God, I hate size inconsistancy.
thats a good idea. you a couple of inches extra on the waistline - if it ends up being too big you can let it sit slightly lower on your hips instaed.... and at the start of the summer you might still be a little fuller on the waist. does it not take about 12 m for your body to reveryt to its original state?

 
08-03-2005
  817
Storm & Sommer
 
Hanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cph
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
thats a good idea. you a couple of inches extra on the waistline - if it ends up being too big you can let it sit slightly lower on your hips instaed.... and at the start of the summer you might still be a little fuller on the waist. does it not take about 12 m for your body to reveryt to its original state?
I think it varies..some women loose all the weight + more in no time and other can't seem to shake it / the last 20 pounds..I think women who breastfeed loose the weight faster..so I'm hoping it's a hungry little baby..

__________________

pinterest : hanneonpin
.
 
10-03-2005
  818
wabisabi*
 
xcoldricex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Michigan
Gender: homme
Posts: 636
lmaltieri cashmere gloves:

 
10-03-2005
  819
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California/Hong Kong
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,236
yay.

 
10-03-2005
  820
fashion icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
lmaltieri cashmere gloves:
ehhh...

 
11-03-2005
  821
V.I.P.
 
AlexN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,772
^I'm with you.

 
12-03-2005
  822
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Yo, not really a yay or nay but kind of a pre-yay nay stage decision. I want to own a piece of Raf Simons so I wonder if someone could tell me what the cut and quality are like (I want slim as slim can get) and if there are any fabrics/styles Raf does particularly well?

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans
 
12-03-2005
  823
blue
 
cloud9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,949


both valentino, both marked down from $1000+ to.... less than $500

 
12-03-2005
  824
V.I.P.
 
AlexN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,772
I don't care for either, really. Nay to both.

 
12-03-2005
  825
Yes, please
 
baklanyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
I don't care for either, really. Nay to both.
If they're still around $500, even at that price they don't look it. Nay from me too.

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.