How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-03-2005
trendsetter

I'm not really to fond of either, definitely not the first one since I can't really get into the red buttons or whatever they may be and the second Valentino is nothing that great.

12-03-2005
wabisabi*

naaay to the bags.

12-03-2005
V.I.P.

I'm seriously, seriously considering buying this Dior Homme coat. What do you guys think? Actually...this is another situation where I'm not sure why I'm asking since I'll get it anyway, provided I come up with the money in the next few days...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dior Homme coat.jpg (12.0 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg Dior Homme coat sleeve detail.jpg (14.3 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg Dior Homme coat shoulder detail.jpg (9.0 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg Dior Homme coat back.jpg (12.9 KB, 169 views)

12-03-2005
EdK
trendsetter

naw alex please dont get that. if you really really want it, get the short version.

12-03-2005
V.I.P.

And where on earth am I going to find that in my size for a somewhat reasonable price?

12-03-2005
EdK
trendsetter

seller on ebay named forgoton has the jacket. here is a link to some of his stuff. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...89&uid=3283831 his asking price is high as hell though.

12-03-2005
V.I.P.

Yeah, I like that one, but it isn't my size and it's like three times the price of the long version.

12-03-2005
EdK
trendsetter

really wow..the long one you posted looks like its disgustingly expensive even at a discounted price.

12-03-2005
V.I.P.

Yeah, I know. But it's only like 1300 or something. And if anyone here bids on it, I will hunt you down!!!!! Just kidding. Well actually, I'm kinda serious.

13-03-2005
wabisabi*

haha good luck with that alex. i'm not sure if the sleeves are too much or not. sometimes i like it then sometimes i think its way too busy. is that velvet?

13-03-2005
V.I.P.

I've thought that about the sleeves before, but I love them. Not sure if it's velvet or not.

13-03-2005
trendsetter

I'd nay it man..

Its still not a cheap price to pay.

13-03-2005
spoilt victorian child

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
Yo, not really a yay or nay but kind of a pre-yay nay stage decision. I want to own a piece of Raf Simons so I wonder if someone could tell me what the cut and quality are like (I want slim as slim can get) and if there are any fabrics/styles Raf does particularly well?
Are you planning on getting new Raf pieces, or digging up ones from older collections? Because he's changed his silhouette over the years...formerly it was indeed "slim as slim can get" [I]and[I] ran small to boot, but now he's using some different shapes. I'd say the sizing has become more in line with standard sizing, too, as a result of the more relaxed fits.

Quality is quite good, on a level with most of the other Belgians (Demeulemeester, Branquinho...actually they often use the same manufacturer). I wouldn't say that there's a specific fabric you should concentrate on buying , although - also like a lot of Belgians - Raf has a nice way with wool. His jackets are excellent, and I like his trousers as well.

Good luck with your purchase, PrinceOfCats. I wish my husband liked Raf as much as you do...

13-03-2005
V.I.P.

Yay, Alex... it's beautiful. Is it wool, or cashmere, or a blend? Or something else totally?

13-03-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by droogist
Are you planning on getting new Raf pieces, or digging up ones from older collections? Because he's changed his silhouette over the years...formerly it was indeed "slim as slim can get" [I]and[I] ran small to boot, but now he's using some different shapes. I'd say the sizing has become more in line with standard sizing, too, as a result of the more relaxed fits.

Quality is quite good, on a level with most of the other Belgians (Demeulemeester, Branquinho...actually they often use the same manufacturer). I wouldn't say that there's a specific fabric you should concentrate on buying , although - also like a lot of Belgians - Raf has a nice way with wool. His jackets are excellent, and I like his trousers as well.

Good luck with your purchase, PrinceOfCats. I wish my husband liked Raf as much as you do...
Wow, thanks so much - that was pretty much definitive. The particular item I have an eye on is a pair of woolen trousers from quite a few collections back so it works well!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay