How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-03-2005
front row

Cloak Jacket, yay or nay? It's a good price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jacket1.jpg (46.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg jacket2.jpg (23.7 KB, 3 views)

20-03-2005
I loved you

Icon, yay to the first and second...
Paullw, I like the thin color, def yay if its a good price!

20-03-2005
Frozen irony.

I think the Chloe dress is really classic, fresh and sexy..

20-03-2005
backstage pass

yay for the Chloé dress and the Cloak jacket

20-03-2005
trendsetter

Need something ecclectic for an outdoors gathering...ones of those annoying graduation party for a restaurateurs daughter that my parents are friends with... Can't wait...

Last edited by LaceFab4; 20-03-2005 at 09:25 AM.

20-03-2005
kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullw
Cloak Jacket, yay or nay? It's a good price.
I wouldn't get the blazer unless you've tried it on or tried other Cloak stuff on before. That item has an odd sizing, with odder armholes. It is a very nice blazer though if it fits, and the price looks like it will be great.

20-03-2005
front row

I probably won't be able to try it on, but all the measurements seem right. How is the sizing odd?

20-03-2005
doom doom doom

The armholes are very narrow and tight in general. Yeah, I'd say try it on before you buy it (or at least another Cloak blazer in the same size).

20-03-2005
kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullw
I probably won't be able to try it on, but all the measurements seem right. How is the sizing odd?
Let me put it to you this way: I've got stuff from Cloak in XL, L, and M. I have this blazer in XL--the L fit in the body, but not in the arms. I had to have the XL taken in slightly in the body. In any case, I find this blazer isn't a very functional piece, because the way the arms are constructed make it hard to raise even ninety degrees to your shoulder.

I have a different item, one of the jackets, that fit me in the arms in an L, but was extremely tight across the middle of the chest. There just isn't a lot of consistency in their sizing, except that it is inconsistent.

I _absolutely_ love their stuff, but I don't buy anything from them without trying it on first.

20-03-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
Let me put it to you this way: I've got stuff from Cloak in XL, L, and M. I have this blazer in XL--the L fit in the body, but not in the arms. I had to have the XL taken in slightly in the body. In any case, I find this blazer isn't a very functional piece, because the way the arms are constructed make it hard to raise even ninety degrees to your shoulder.

I have a different item, one of the jackets, that fit me in the arms in an L, but was extremely tight across the middle of the chest. There just isn't a lot of consistency in their sizing, except that it is inconsistent.

I _absolutely_ love their stuff, but I don't buy anything from them without trying it on first.
I agree about the sizing. The older Cloak collections seemed to vary from season to season, with my items ranging anywhere from small to medium sizes at my normal 48 jacket size. In this jacket, be very wary. I ordered a medium, but when production came in, medium was too big, yet one small was too small, while another one fit better. They had apparently arrived unfinished, so the entire lot was washed in-house by Cloak (presumably to get teh right worn finish), which may have led to variations in the sizing (as well as really bad ripping in the lining, like my jacket has).

20-03-2005
EdK
trendsetter

PaullW that cloak jacket used to be mine, i sold it to that seller and he is reselling it. anyways about the fit, its a size Large and i usually wear like a 48 or 50. its cut extremely small, like i couldnt even raise my arms or bend down to tie my shoes, it was extremely uncomfortable.

20-03-2005
front row

Ok, sounds like I might give it a miss, which is a pity. Thanks for the help.

20-03-2005
EdK
trendsetter

yea its a nice blazer, but man i couldnt even drive my car while wearing that thing.. i couldnt raise my arm to the steering wheel, this is why i sold it.

20-03-2005
Frozen irony.

Something about it attracts me.

Yay or nay??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41017048_2.jpg (19.3 KB, 6 views)

20-03-2005
Frozen irony.

[QUOTE=LaceFab4]Need something ecclectic for an outdoors gathering...ones of those annoying graduation party for a restaurateurs daughter that my parents are friends with... Can't wait...

I would go for this dress Iike it

Something quite Chloe' over it... laid back and chic.

Where is it from?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay