Yay or Nay? (November 2003 - June 2009) - Page 81 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
25-04-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
I was going to buy a jacket by Timothy Everest for Marks and Sparks but I've realised that this Comme is the same price. Very well tailored traditional English jacket that I know fits really well or the Comme? Questions questions...
http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/***...luw/s12136.htm
to be honest with you i'd go with the well tailored traditional English jacket that fits well, easily...the Comme jacket is from the Shirt line which I was never too impressed with, and the blazer just seems like a regular cotton corduroy blazer, doesn't stand out too much aside from the tie-dye effect which looks kinda cool and might be fun to wear out for a few spins, but I think a well tailored traditional jacket is more timeless. I guess it comes down to whether you're looking for something more casual or dressy...

25-04-2005
V.I.P.

I'll skip the shirt, then, if it's too loud.

I'm not sure about the jacke, PoC.

Ionn, I like the trench and the shirt, but not really the pants. But you already bought it, so it's ok, lol.

25-04-2005
flaunt the imperfection

pucci mama...nay...nay ...nay....

ionn...yay...yay..yay..love it all!!...how great are the buttons on the lthr coat...?!?!?...

it's funny that you posted it here though......
seems much more appropriate in the secret shopaholics thread since it's not like you're going to go back to paris and return anything...

Last edited by softgrey; 25-04-2005 at 09:55 PM.

25-04-2005
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinetush
Pucci mama, I'd say nay I don't like the hole in the front, the bottom part is lovely though
yeah, te bottom part was that attracted me o it.. but the top half does nothing for me

Ill guess ill leave it

Thanks, to softgrey as well.

25-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
pucci mama...nay...nay ...nay....

ionn...yay...yay..yay..love it all!!...how great are the buttons on the lthr coat...?!?!?...
it's funny that you posted it here though......
seems much more appropriate in the secret shopaholics thread since it's not like you're going to go back to paris and return anything...
Well... Thats true... Sometimes it is a fine line which thread to put it in... The buttons on the leather jacket is actually very weak, it is stitched with another button holding it on the other side. It is also very hard to button up, but i guess the trench looks better when it is open...

I love this trench coat... and I was told that it was limited. Now I probably have a complete collection of CCP.. so terrible of me :p to waste money like this...

25-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Ionn, I like the trench and the shirt, but not really the pants. But you already bought it, so it's ok, lol.
Yeah.. I think CCP don't have very strong grasp of the pants in his collection, but neverthe less I think it is unique that it has the flat, weird stitching and overlock stitiching... but all CCP pieces are expensive... which I don't understand... sometimes not even good value for money...

26-04-2005
What fresh hell is this.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
yeah, te bottom part was that attracted me o it.. but the top half does nothing for me

Ill guess ill leave it
yeah you should. But if I were you I would be looking for a skirt like it. I guess you will

Last edited by Tinetush; 26-04-2005 at 01:32 PM.

26-04-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionn26
Yeah.. I think CCP don't have very strong grasp of the pants in his collection, but neverthe less I think it is unique that it has the flat, weird stitching and overlock stitiching... but all CCP pieces are expensive... which I don't understand... sometimes not even good value for money...
Strangely enough, I fall in love with CCP's pants the most!

26-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
Strangely enough, I fall in love with CCP's pants the most!
I am not saying that the pants are not spectacular. I am saying it is the weakest part of CCPs design I feel. But everyones opinion is different I guess. Plus the pants are really expensive as you know ... so.. sometimes I question the value of it, as much as I really love the pants...

26-04-2005
front row

My new custom t-shirt

Last edited by Dubuc; 26-04-2005 at 06:52 PM.

27-04-2005
V.I.P.

Ionn, that stuff is so amazing. I love it all so much. Hope you enjoy it immensely.

28-04-2005
Swim Upstream

the top....Ghost s/s 05

Last edited by helena; 28-04-2005 at 08:38 AM.

28-04-2005
trendsetter

Helena - not sure about the top - too much volume at the bottom I think.

Faust the shirt it very very you I think, so on that basis yay.

Ion - good purchases, although that must have seriously seriously cost you a lot of money!! The jackets are certainly limited. L'Eclairuer told me that he make them to order only now and that he makes a loss on them (although I simply son't beleive that (the last bit)!) Although I wouldn't wear that stuff I think the black trousers go really well with the boots.

28-04-2005
Swim Upstream

thanks johnny

28-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
Ion - good purchases, although that must have seriously seriously cost you a lot of money!! The jackets are certainly limited. L'Eclairuer told me that he make them to order only now and that he makes a loss on them (although I simply son't beleive that (the last bit)!) Although I wouldn't wear that stuff I think the black trousers go really well with the boots.
Thanks Johnny, yes they cause A LOT of damages to my bank account. oh well.. I can basically declare myself as Fashion insane and I need to see a shrink on this.

As for the Jacket.. yeah it cost me an arm and leg for it... I think that CCP is probably making a loss on them, but NOT e'clairuer... they are making a huge profit out of it... I think one way for CCP to break even is that he has the same cut for the long jacket but in different material, so I guess he is able to break even on it..

As for the pants, yeah.. now I have the jacket, shirt,pants, and boots, now I am all set for at least a year.. BUT BUT.. that's just 2 shirt and 2 pants for the whole year Talk about value for money.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, june, nay, november, yay