Your favorite candles? - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

I recently bought Cire Trudon's "Balmoral" candle and it's heaven!

03-07-2013
front row

I'm a newly converted Yankee Candle fan. Their candles are amazing. I'm burning Summer Scoop right now and it smells divine, like berry ice cream with whipped cream on top, mmm.

yankeecandle.co.uk

29-09-2013
trendsetter

I pick up mine from Anthropologie which does some unique scents like almond & maraschino cherry. I love the packaging.

photo credit: anthropologie.com
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-09-29 at 11.12.50.png (59.1 KB, 108 views)

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstroe View Post
I adore Le Labo's scents, but I've never tried them in candle form. I think I'll order Santal 26 tonight.
did you order it?

V.I.P.

are the la duree candles worth getting?

03-11-2013
trendsetter

As an appreciation gift, my cousin's fiance sent Aquiesse candles, which are honestly AMAZING. She sent over Peruvian Musk and Egyptian Pomegranate, which is especially my favorite. Im literally addicted to smelling it, whether its burning or not. While they're a bit pricey, they're not as pricey as Diptyque. When one of my candle's are done, I'm definitely going to purchase another one.

I also like Henri Bendel's citrus candle, but I don't own it yet.

scenester

Diamond candles or prize candle brands they have a ring inside when you burn them and some of them have real diamond candles in them they smell good too I got a cupcake one.

11-10-2015
V.I.P.

Malin + Goetz: "Cannabis"
Maison Louie Marie: "No.04 Bois de Balincourt"

06-12-2015
front row

These days I just burn incense. Much longer-lasting and more pervasive smell.

17-01-2016
fashion elite

I mostly burn incense or Yankee Candle tarts.

My absolute favorite candles are Cire Trudon, followed by Diptyque, and then Yankee Candle (also ranked in price from highest to lowest).

02-02-2016
浪人

I prefer relatively "masculine" candles (nothing that smells like food and definitely nothing that smells like the sea), so I'm burning a diptyque fue de bois atm.

02-02-2016
Love trumps hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
Fresh makes some really great candles and they have great scents...
I'm kind of obsessed with cannabis santal - they also have a fragrance of it, and both are really distinct and amazing
Oh, I've never seen that candle! I have the fragrance. I also wear Fresh Life, and like the candle in that scent as well.

Typically I get them in gift sets or loyalty rewards, so I haven't bought one on its own yet.

I've bought Diptyque candles before, but I find them insanely expensive. Basically my criterion for luxury products is, Do I have to spend that much to get the experience and/or product I really want? For me, the answer is no.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 02-02-2016 at 09:22 PM.
02-02-2016
trendsetter

Diptyque's "Benjoin." Unfortunately this was only available for limited time and already sold out on their site so now I'm wondering if I should sell an organ and stock up now while I can

22-02-2016
scenester

I really love the smell of this White Tea soy candle I got for very cheap. However reading reviews online, I'm not the only one who found that it emitted so much smoke it was definitely unusual. It's a shame because I find it to be the most calming smell in the world. I associate it with only good things but it pretty much caused a stain from the smoke in one of my lamps because of the amount it emitted. Luckily I realized what was happening pretty quickly.
Bath & Body Works used to carry my old favorite, one I found very comforting from the White Barn line was White Barn Refresh and Renew. I am not sure if they still make it or not.
Yesterday I was at the mall and stopped in there and they had the most divine candle called New York - Beautiful Day. It smelled so different than the other one simply titled "Beautiful Day" even though according to the back they had pretty much the same notes. It was interesting, I definitely want to stop back in and pick up that candle at some point, but I feel like I should use up the winter one I have before I go and get a spring one.

15-03-2016
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Oh, I've never seen that candle! I have the fragrance. I also wear Fresh Life, and like the candle in that scent as well.

Typically I get them in gift sets or loyalty rewards, so I haven't bought one on its own yet.

I've bought Diptyque candles before, but I find them insanely expensive. Basically my criterion for luxury products is, Do I have to spend that much to get the experience and/or product I really want? For me, the answer is no.

I am not in fear of burning candles, I once had a Diptyque exploding on me (luckily i was not near), that I was in shock for the entire day after...imagine if we are having our meals next to it?!
for the price we pay for Diptyque, I find absolutely unforgiveable, so everyone using Diptyque, please be careful. And no, i didnt use it incorrectly, it actually cracked the glass and burnt my wooden table, which is not just that it can cause burns to those next to it, it can be a major fire hazard

I am using fresh now, nice scents and price points, would love to try clre trudon one day, but no matter what the scent is now, safety comes first.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
candles, favorite