How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-08-2011
tfs star

honestly for me zara quality is far better than hm

06-08-2011
Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erna View Post
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed on the quality of Zara clothing and accessories. I've had buttons falling off after one use, a bag handle ripping off after 2 weeks (I was only carrying phone + wallet so it wasn't even heavy!), having a hard time finding a clean piece from the rack in the store (glue stains, dirt!) and seams failing before even using the clothes.

I think the price of the clothing is ridiculous considering they are such a bad quality. The fabrics and materials are okay but the way they're put together is just appalling.

I know it's a cheap brand and they probably use sweatshops to make the clothing but why i.e. H&M clothing seems to generally hold together after years of heavy use even though their stuff is made in similar conditions?

I really like Zara clothing but I don't buy it anymore cause I've had so many single-use-piece experiences from them.
I agree wtih everything you said except with the last sentence. I still can't resist buying their clothes.

06-08-2011
backstage pass

Zara's quality is a lot better than H&M, their leather imitation doesnt feel like plastic and H&Ms does, zara's leather pieces are really good and even the non leather bags I own, after using them a lot almost daily still in great shape and condition... and I never had a single button falling down from a Zara jacket. It is true you might find something dirty or damaged because of storing -which happens in a lot of stores not just zara- but its easy, dont buy it or ask the s.a for another one.

06-08-2011
windowshopping

^off-topic but I really like your blog.

I only have a few things from Zara, two pairs of pants, a cardigan, and a bag. I think I paid too much for the pants. They're both "cropped" but in reality the ends of the pants aren't sewn to that length, it's just rolled up that way. I can't seem to get it to look the same length as the models on the site. The bag I have from them didn't hold up well at all. It got a few drops of water on it and they turned into these raised water spots on the bag. I've never seen anything like that before. I bought it while I was vacationing overseas and that's all I intended it for, but I'm not happy about that at all.

06-08-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeistiffanyblu View Post
I am heading over to Zara shortly to look out for the pink knitted jumper. I hope I am not too late. I am away on holiday at the moment, and I dont remember seeing them in store in London but that might be either because they hadnt dropped or they sold out really quickly. So I hope they have them here in Geneva as the Zara here tends to be a bit slower hehe.

I just checked online and I see that they are sold out again after being restocked. They are going fast.

06-08-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal87 View Post
honestly for me zara quality is far better than hm
OK, I have the opposite experience. No matter what I buy at Zara it falls apart after washing. I never buy H&M's flimsy cotton/poly stuff, I buy their wool or cashmere sweaters...WAY better than Zara. I also love H&M's silk pieces. Way cheaper and better quality than Zara's silk pieces. Zara is horribly overpriced. I do love their bags, those are pretty great for the price.

we were in love

06-08-2011
trendsetter

This is why I like to subscribe TFS threads, I never even realized H&M also had cashmere or silk pieces!!!! I am going to keep an eye on them now!!!

06-08-2011
front row

Most of Zara's pieces ARE overpriced. However, the prices of their blazers/coats are justified in my opinion - they are so well made. (zara woman/studio pieces) Basics are okay - but so are the prices. Most of their leather shoes are really good too. As for their bags, I think it's really expensive for a store-chain brand, but I would consider the bag below if it's marked down

zara.com

and about the much talked about plaited shopper, I have seen it in real life and the leather gets easily scratched, it gives the impression that it could leave serious crease marks too because the leather is so stiff - i can't imagine someone using it as a dependable everyday bag without damaging it. i do not have this bag so i could be wrong.

Last edited by Fabeleux; 06-08-2011 at 09:27 PM.

07-08-2011
In Bloom

^I have used the plaited shopper every day for months. Not a scratch. But of course you need to condition it as you hopefully do with all leather bags.

we were in love

07-08-2011
tfs star

I neeeeeeed this jacket in my life!

zara.com

07-08-2011
front row

I started buying for fall:

Source: Zara (have you noticed how often they make things look worse on their pics than they really are)

07-08-2011
fashion insider

I've tried on this coat too, it looks great IRL. Great choice Lina!

07-08-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabeleux View Post
...and about the much talked about plaited shopper, I have seen it in real life and the leather gets easily scratched, it gives the impression that it could leave serious crease marks too because the leather is so stiff - i can't imagine someone using it as a dependable everyday bag without damaging it. i do not have this bag so i could be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^I have used the plaited shopper every day for months. Not a scratch. But of course you need to condition it as you hopefully do with all leather bags.
I bought mine months ago and have used it almost everyday, as it quickly became my favourite day bag, mine also doesn't have a single scratch.

07-08-2011
In Bloom

It really is sturdy. It can hold my books, and my books weigh over 2 kg a piece. I haven't had issues with the strap either.

we were in love

07-08-2011
fashion elite

I think they have a second batch of different leather or something for the plaited shopper as I originally got it months ago and now I have seen some new ones in store and the leather is nowhere near as nice. Not shiny, concentranted colour like mine but rather dull and boring. It also looks like it will scratch really easily. To be honest, I cannot wait until mine scratches and wears in as I think it will look even more beautiful! I am not very careful with that bag and even then it hasnt scratched yet.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, zara