How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2012
rising star

^ i'm experiencing a reversal. worked since i was 16, paid for all my own stuff, and now i'm in my 20s and it's now that my mother actually wants to buy me clothes! haha

i bought a tweed cape in the sale, but still in two minds about it

04-01-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeandthecity View Post
^i still remember the times when i had to ask my parents for money to buy all the clothes i wanted. the answer was in general a big no no

I didn't get the things i wanted but i ended up buying two shirts.

pics zara.com

I know isn't it creepily sad !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzeh View Post
^ i'm experiencing a reversal. worked since i was 16, paid for all my own stuff, and now i'm in my 20s and it's now that my mother actually wants to buy me clothes! haha

i bought a tweed cape in the sale, but still in two minds about it

I'd get a job and work from now , just it's almost impossible here for a teenager who's still at school to get a decent job , simple jobs are considered as scandals in our level :S i cant work as a sales assistant or these stuff before i get to the college and do what i like , 7 months to go and pay for my clothes , but they will pay for my uni !

anyway show us the cape , i'll tell u if i like it
and anyway i got new clothes in my clothes , which i bought earlier in summer but was keeping them , from zara and other shops , just too lazy to take pics

Last edited by KemAlnagdy; 04-01-2012 at 05:43 PM.
05-01-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemAlnagdy View Post
I'd get a job and work from now , just it's almost impossible here for a teenager who's still at school to get a decent job , simple jobs are considered as scandals in our level :S i cant work as a sales assistant or these stuff before i get to the college and do what i like , 7 months to go and pay for my clothes , but they will pay for my uni !

anyway show us the cape , i'll tell u if i like it
and anyway i got new clothes in my clothes , which i bought earlier in summer but was keeping them , from zara and other shops , just too lazy to take pics
hahaha don't worry, my parents are from the middle-east too so i understand. even though i did work and wanted to, my dad didn't like it! he couldn't understand why i would want to go to school AND work at the same time! and the job market is so bad right now anyway...

i will try and take a photo of the cape tonight

going to hit zara today and see what rubbish people have left behind for me

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzeh View Post
hahaha don't worry, my parents are from the middle-east too so i understand. even though i did work and wanted to, my dad didn't like it! he couldn't understand why i would want to go to school AND work at the same time! and the job market is so bad right now anyway...

i will try and take a photo of the cape tonight

going to hit zara today and see what rubbish people have left behind for me
i've got 7 months to go to the uni , and i'll be able to work if i want ! weird that it's a scandal when you're at school and a pride when you're in the uni ! it's the same job !!!!!

anyway Zara isn't so popular in Egypt as it is in UK , it's not the public's first choice as it's prices arent so cheap here (due to the currency rates every british pound = around 9 egyptian pounds which makes things expensive )
so even in sales people don't go crazy and hit up the shops except in the clearance sale in summer , things get sold for like 70% off ! so people line up all over the place , they don't even try the clothes !

05-01-2012
backstage pass

At least in Spain (and from what I can read, seems to be the same in the rest of europe) good discounts come in the "second sale" that is a week or two after official sale starts. Here the first week discounts go from 5 to 10 €, while a couple of weeks later you can find stuff with a discount over 50% of the original price... just a matter of luck to find that amazing item that was 80€ at 20€ by the end of the month!

05-01-2012
V.I.P.

i only ended up getting these two things from the sale in the end. sad that most of the things i wanted from the season were sold out even before sale started argh

i absolutely love the shoes!

zara.com

tfs star

lovely shoes indeed

06-01-2012
rising star

i like those shoes too v nice

V.I.P.

they are not leather so i have to be very careful with them!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeandthecity View Post

I didn't get the things i wanted but i ended up buying two shirts.
Lol that's the story of my life... I always HAVE to buy something when it's sales season, even when the stuff i wanted already sold out

front row

^lol i know ... it's just such a bad feeling to leave the store all disappointed

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

further reductions online tho! i really want this bag now

zara

front row

Cute bag...and its seems versatile...

Being in the states...Ive been disappointed going into Zara...nothing's really stood out for me...HOWEVER, online is another story...

08-01-2012
tfs star

Does anyone know if Zara will give you store credit if you want to return something and have lost the receipt? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference!

trendsetter

^For new collection: If the item is not worn, and the label still attached, they'll probably suggest you choose something else, if you don't find anything and keep asking your money back, they have to. It's Zara policy. Some stores might even give you your money back instantly.
For sale items, I'm not sure, I think you'll only be able to choose something else, no cash refund.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, zara