How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-08-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i'd say the S was equal to a US size 8 perhaps. i wonder if they might re-stock it. it may be a hot item. maybe a store will do a charge send? it can't hurt to ask...
Wow that's a very large cut! It's all back in stock online... I'm usually a US 6 and was going to buy the size M so thank you! How does it look sitting on the hips?

Last edited by Cicciolina; 18-08-2012 at 01:27 AM.

18-08-2012
tfs star

I got classic biker jacket from TRF for something aroung 150 Euros.
Bit pricy for ZARA trf but its real lamb leather and is Balenciaga inspired so I'm in love.
It runs very small though, I am usually S in jackets and I bought this in L. 0_o

18-08-2012
V.I.P.

i am also usually an S in other brands but have an M in a zara leather jacket...

i think the leather skirt looks OK sitting on the hips. of course it looks better in the ad on freja sitting at the small of the waist. if i had gotten the XS i'm sure it would have been too short and revealing.

i like the new studded leather jacket for 399. i havent seen it in stores yet however.

backstage pass

Has anyone noticed how low the armpits are on Zara blazers? It is so obnoxious because they are otherwise lovely. Is it possible for a tailor to move the armpits up or will this be an expensive alteration? I don't understand why they do this because they generally run quite small compared to some other brands. You can even see on the website how low some of the armpits are sewn although the models try to obscure this fact by holding their arms very close to their bodies.

26-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam View Post
Has anyone noticed how low the armpits are on Zara blazers? It is so obnoxious because they are otherwise lovely. Is it possible for a tailor to move the armpits up or will this be an expensive alteration? I don't understand why they do this because they generally run quite small compared to some other brands. You can even see on the website how low some of the armpits are sewn although the models try to obscure this fact by holding their arms very close to their bodies.
i think most brands nowadays are like that, even the petite sizes unfortunately. and of course size inflation (vanity sizing) is rampant. a tailor can fix it, but it may cost more than 25$. you might want to try stuffing your bra for a quick fix to stretch out the fabric a bit. i'm going to have to resort to this for a few suits i've bought recently.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam View Post
Yes, I recently bought and returned the tuxedo style blazer for this very reason, it was so ill-fitting and IMO not worth tailoring.

front row

Latest buy

Really really love it

Source: the pic is mine

Last edited by ellegirl; 29-08-2012 at 11:54 AM.
03-09-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchessa View Post
Has anyone seen these leather trousers in store yet and if so what's the quality like?

http://i45.tinypic.com/34fyzro.jpg

zara.com
i tried these on in store today. They are very nice, better quality than I expected. I read a post somewhere (might not have been on TFS) where someone described them as "paper thin leather". I dont agree with that, I thought the leather quality was very good... Soft and plenty of stretch, not like that horrible hard leather that typifies topshop (mainline) leather trousers. I am thinking of getting the Zara ones myself if I can justify another pair of leather trousers/leggings. Would be interested if anyone could compare the quality to the Topshop Boutique leather leggings from a few seasons ago?

Oh, and the sizing was true to size, im usually a size xs and the legggings in xs were perfect.

For anyone wondering about the studio leather peplum dress, I bought it last week and its amazing. I wore it on friday night to dinner and got lots of head-turns, one person even admired it out loud! Its a really nice piece and amazing quality for the price. Found sizing to be a bit on the small size though, I needed S - xs was just a bit too tight on the skirt.

Last edited by Psylocke; 03-09-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: **PLEASE DON'T QUOTE IMAGES**
16-09-2012
windowshopping

Anyone thinks that their sizes are getting smaller? I tried a faux leather trouser and I had to try a size more than I usually use and it was still small.

I also tried a dress from TRF and it didn't even fit at all

My size hasn't changed so it cannot be me

16-09-2012
V.I.P.

i bought the black lace tuxedo blazer this week. i'm still thinking about the trumpet black skirt. it does show VPL though, so i'd need to wear tights with it...

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post
Anyone thinks that their sizes are getting smaller? I tried a faux leather trouser and I had to try a size more than I usually use and it was still small.

I also tried a dress from TRF and it didn't even fit at all

My size hasn't changed so it cannot be me
I think you might be right. I tried to try on a dress in a medium and couldn't even zip it up all the way. Anything larger than a 6 is normally too big on me so I'm not sure what it's about...

23-09-2012
front row

I wish they would stop putting studs on so many of their otherwise nice shoes

Blood On The Leaves

This bag is gorgeous! Unfortunatelly, it hasn't arrived to my local store (yet).

ZARA

23-09-2012
scenester

I got that bag yesterday as an early birthday present to myself, it's so lovely- roomy and looks like it cost more than £30.

23-09-2012
Blood On The Leaves

^I'm so jealous! I hope I'll be lucky enough to get it too. I'll be regularly visiting my local Zara store until I find it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, zara