How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-08-2010
front row

Hm.. So, I've got some red bumpy pimples on my face that are apparently called "papules", which brought up a lot of penis related stuff in Google. Anyone have an info/suggestions for treatment?

15-08-2010
THE STRANGER

Does anyone know any good treatments for red / inflamed blotches over the skin (from acne)?

18-08-2010
front row

Wash face in warm water to open up pores. dilute an asprin tablet in a few drops of water.Do a spot treatment. Leave on till it dries then wash off. It will take the redness & swelling out. I like to just flake it off my face (acne)them add a moistvrizer on top.

A poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman.
24-08-2010
V.I.P.

What type of oils would you guys recommend to alleviate acne scars? (As in make them disappear)

I tried Mario Badescu's Glycolic Gel but I want to combine it with something else.

Recommendations?

But satisfaction brought it back
26-08-2010
V.I.P.

So I bought a bottle of tea tree + lavender oil and used it on my acne scars.

Is it supposed to sting like a b*tch?

26-08-2010
i'm almost ready..

I'd suggest rosehip oil.. and absolutely try Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (plus it smells far better than the rosehip oil, and is almost 100% natural as well. )

26-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
Does it reduce scarring?

Does ANYTHING reduce scarring? (besides surgery) I've heard this and that and Idk what to believe. Some people say tanning and drinking lots of water reduces scarring...which I don't quite believe.

26-08-2010
V.I.P.

^ Tanning will NEVER have a positive effect on your skin (well, except from the fact that, if you're tanned -in a healthy way- redness of pimples/scars probably won't be as noticable as when you're very pale, but that's it). Drinking lots of water is definitely important for a nice skin but I also don't think it will reduce scarring.
I made great experiences with a camphor spot-treatment! It's called "Creme au camphre" from the swiss brand Dessée. You only apply it on the scars or if you have any spots - it's also great if you have just removed a pimple and want the spot to sooth.
Worked pretty well for me.

i'm almost ready..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
Does it reduce scarring?
i have had positive results so far...they have definitely faded..
I am also drinking a lot more water, have tried to cut out sugar from my diet and am taking a variety of supplements from my naturopath - but i think that is always the key any time you endeavor to change anything in the body... it is a combination of things that is going to help support healing processes.. and it's just a matter of finding what works for you (a very frustrating process sometimes).
but I would recommend the Nuxe oil.. i am convinced it has made a difference.

27-08-2010
scenester

For anyone considering taking accutane, heres my two cents...

I've just stopped taking my accutane medication and my skin is pretty much perfect now (aside from the scarring). I haven't got a pimple in months now, and i've become one of those girls who sighs at the tiniest pimple now, before that used to be an everyday thing.

I didn't actually notice much of the side effects that have been mentioned, just dry lips and a little bit of lethargy at times (however, that might not be the medication and just my lifestyle/eating habits in general). I think I had more negative feelings when I had terrible skin then when I was on the medication and my skin finally started clearing up.

If you have terrible skin like I had, I definetly recommend trying it. Since i've been on the medication i've had so many compliments on my skin about how it's just cleared up completely, and I don't regret taking it one bit! A lot of people were warning me about the medication beforehand and how I should be taking 'natural' remedies, but seriously.. when your skin is THAT bad you really need to go on this stuff. The 'natural' remedies, I find, is more for the occasional, everyday acne.

That being said, the medication should only be tried if your skin is terrible and persistant after other things haven't worked. Definitly exhaust all other options before going on the medication!

27-08-2010
fashion elite

were can i go for a good deep cleanse ??? i'm searching the web for a dermatologist in germany (hanover) but i think there are only beauty salons for that? were do you go for skin treatments (acne/pores)?

30-08-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenKutak View Post
were can i go for a good deep cleanse ??? i'm searching the web for a dermatologist in germany (hanover) but i think there are only beauty salons for that? were do you go for skin treatments (acne/pores)?
Hey I'm from Hannover and I was also looking for a dermatologist the other day. Maybe this one can help you? I haven't been there yet though so I can't tell you if it's good or not

31-08-2010
windowshopping

eternitygoddess -- pure tea tree oil has helped me making some scars less visible, but I'm not sure if it is going to solve the problem completely

V.I.P.

restricted - how long did it take for the scars to become less visible?

13-09-2010
scenester

After using multiple products, toners, gels, pills, prescriptions and most recently peels and laser treatments... I am so frustrated! I honestly feel like my acne will never actually disappear. It has improved but I want to have clear skin. The most recent product I have tried is the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Kit, where it claims that 100% of tests seen clearer skin in one day. Well after a complete 24 hours, nothing, and after use of three days it just broke me out. Is there any recommendations for scars and small pimples. Basically, "the finishing touches" if you will. I haven't gotten larger white or red headed pimples lately, knock on wood, so I am hoping someone will know a product or solution to help with the smoothness and surface of my skin and maybe with some light scaring.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread