How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2010
trendsetter

my skin goes back when i have my period, which is to be expected, and there arent alot i can do about that. also stress gives me pimples.

but when it comes to food and stuff, when i drink diet coke i get pimples.

however i've found that really dark chocolate (90%) helps my skin.

07-12-2010
front row

Haven't posted in this thread in months but thought I should seeings as I finally got put on roaccutane yesterday. Quite scared

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardybum8 View Post
Haven't posted in this thread in months but thought I should seeings as I finally got put on roaccutane yesterday. Quite scared
Dont worry youll be alright
Keep in mind to always moisturise your skin and eyes
Here are some products to help you
Emolientte extreme and emolliente from uriage
Uriage lip balm is the best
Lacrifluid eye drops
If you use make up this is what I do I spray my sponge first with Laroche posay eau thermale spray then I start on putting foundation
Dont ever ever use harsh products while on accutane
I just stopped the treatment in october after 6 long months and nothing is coming back Im so happy!

front row

Aww thanks for the tips. I'll keep an eye out for those products

I've decided not to start the treatment until after Christmas. I drink quite heavily on a night out and I don't want to spoil my Christmas, so I'm going to have one last binge then cut it out. Which will be quite hard, I like a drink

The main thing I'm worried about is the drying up. My skin is already very dry, so I'm worried I'll turn into a reptile

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardybum8 View Post
Aww thanks for the tips. I'll keep an eye out for those products

I've decided not to start the treatment until after Christmas. I drink quite heavily on a night out and I don't want to spoil my Christmas, so I'm going to have one last binge then cut it out. Which will be quite hard, I like a drink

The main thing I'm worried about is the drying up. My skin is already very dry, so I'm worried I'll turn into a reptile

I like to have my drinks too on a night out and that doesnt stopped me from takin the treatlment
The only thing and really serious issue is to not get pregnant while on accutane anyway your doctor will talk to you about it youll get papers to sign that says youre on the bc pill
Every month youll have to get your blood pregnancy test before getting your treatment refill
Accutane is on very restrictive mesures these days

windowshopping

I'm not sure whether I have Acne or not, I've looked at some of the people on acne.org and my skin isn't that bad but I'm a young teen anyway so it's to be expected that I get spots..? But barely any of my friends have bad skin which is kinda frustrating. Anyone got any clear skin tips? I drink plenty of water, green tea and exercise regularly so any help?

Appreciate it

31-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaModaInspire13 View Post
I'm not sure whether I have Acne or not, I've looked at some of the people on acne.org and my skin isn't that bad but I'm a young teen anyway so it's to be expected that I get spots..? But barely any of my friends have bad skin which is kinda frustrating. Anyone got any clear skin tips? I drink plenty of water, green tea and exercise regularly so any help?

Appreciate it

Well you should go see a dermatologist first he will help you out to see what works for you best
If your acne is not bad he will give you local treatment with cream like effederm and cutacnyl and bioderma products
Wih those creams your skin will get better in like a week
If your acne keeps on goin even with those kind of treatment he will give you antibiotics for 1 or 2 months
You can also ask for skin treatment like once every 2 weeks
I used to do it with my dm he was doin an amazing job
Hope that helps

Last edited by Kenysha75; 31-12-2010 at 06:47 AM.
02-01-2011
front row

So I finally got rid of my back acne a few months ago (the good thing), but now I have some lovely scars that just wont go away (the very bad thing)! What should I do? Thanks.

03-01-2011
V.I.P.

I will get appointments this year to get laser on my scars
I dont think you can get riid of scars by yourself
Im doin deep peelings alll the time using stiefel brasivol but it still there
I know this dermatologist in paris whos doin a light burning of the skin
He was doin it on women with deep wrinkles
Your face is like a red balloon for some weeks
Then everything peels off and then their skin was flawless

front row

Mine are actually fading away...but it's SO DAMN SLOW! gosh. can I ask something awkward? how do you guys actually exfloliate? do you use some sort of sponge, or something similar?

06-01-2011
scenester

i've had acne since 6th grade and all that's helped was birth control thank god

09-01-2011
front row

Each to there own i think. I find eating healthy, exercise(daily!), lots of water and vanilla green tea help. Just don't touch your face when sweating because your pores are open and stress less! but i know there are acne pills out there now but i wouldn't rely on any product, just a daily oil free moisturiser.

09-01-2011
V.I.P.

Has anyone heard of or used this: PureDeming Intense Gel R-ALA

I've been reading raves about it all over the internet. It is supposed to reduce inflammatory acne redness and acne scars.

But satisfaction brought it back
16-01-2011
windowshopping

I had really bad skin and I had tried everything, drugstore products, high end products and even prescription treatment, but the one thing that's cleared up my skin is a good diet, I've stopped eating high sugar food, and started drinking water and green and peppermint tea instead of soda. I still wash my face twice a day, I cleanse and tone. It's really worked for me and if I do get a spot now I just put some germalene on it before I go to bed and wash it off in the morning and the spots gone.

16-01-2011
windowshopping

redness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBlonde View Post
Hm.. So, I've got some red bumpy pimples on my face that are apparently called "papules", which brought up a lot of penis related stuff in Google. Anyone have an info/suggestions for treatment?
If you need long term solution, 2% BHA solution ( I use Paula's choice toner) will help exfoliate your skin. I also use a cleansing bar with activated charcoal from ncn skincare, which has helped clear up my face substantially.)

Best to see a dermatologist at least once, to get a professional evaluation-- could be hormone-related, allergic reaction or clogged pores.

For the short term, just to get the redness out, use a redness-clearing eyedrop (like visine) on a q tip and dab it on the papules.
I hope this helps.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread