How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandnone View Post
To people who are talking about the pill giving pimples. Try different pills until you find one thats right for you. Ortho Tri cyclen is "THE" acne birth control but I hear Yaz/Yasmin are amazing too (although they have a lawsuit against them right now...)

I will never go on the pill again I dont care if its another lab
When you experienced micro cyst like I did with the pill u know you wont mess with that sh*t ever again

Last edited by Kenysha75; 18-02-2011 at 02:24 PM.

18-02-2011
V.I.P.

cysts as in pimples? I get like 5 of those once a month on my period....

18-02-2011
V.I.P.

The kind I had was deep under the skin nothing was working on it no cream no lotion NOTHING oh my god it was hurting so much
And now its been almost 2 years Im off the pill I never felt better my skin is back to normal

trendsetter

I'm having issues with my skin right now...it's depressing. The Dr. gave me antibiotics, retin-a, BP wash, sulfur lotion. and my skin is still horrible. I know it takes time but I still have the same 5 pimples for a week now.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

23-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyAzura View Post
I'm having issues with my skin right now...it's depressing. The Dr. gave me antibiotics, retin-a, BP wash, sulfur lotion. and my skin is still horrible. I know it takes time but I still have the same 5 pimples for a week now.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
You went to see a dermatologist or just a doctor ?
You should get an appointment with the dermatologist so he can give you a skin cleaning I used to do that with my dm every 2 weeks it usually works amazing
If nothing works out for you you need to get blood tested to see if it is hormonal issues and then they usually put you on the pill

rising star

Has anyone tried Thal'ion products for healing acne?

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

Here's my issue, at the present time my skin is always clear. Except before my period I'll get 1-2 large cystic acne that I often end up popping then for a scab which will fall off. This process usually takes 1 week and then my life s*** for one week each month!

Anyone has the same issue.....? I don't have acne creams at home, all I do to quicken the healing process is dabbing either the Clinique Acne mask or Clinique Emergency mask on the popped spot? When it dries out to the max and the scab falls off, I am left with some discoloration lasting a week or so.

12-03-2011
fashion elite

i don't know if it was posted on this thread but i swear this machine works and NO i do not work for this company

nubrilliance! my friend from the states recommended i buy it she bought it from TV and i was so skeptical because its all crap on TV infomercials! but i checked in sephora and they had it- its a microdermbrasion at home machine it is AMAZING i saw difference in a day of use- all the gunk came out of my poors! so worth the money!

V.I.P.

i recently watched a beauty segment from a talk show and they just made the connection that the more gentle you are to your skin the better it'll be. i also got sick around the same time and didnt wash my face for a day. my skin didnt break out but just dry.

i decided i was going to clean my face only once a day. its working well so far and it makes sense to not "clean" your skin when you don't have to.

cleaning your skin at night and then cleaning it again in the morning doesn't make sense. your skin could not have gotten that dirty over night in your bed.

rising star

^so agree.
I don't wash my face in the morning and it looks much better (but still sucks! haha).
The green tea helps me also. I stopped drinking it for a week and a half and I see huge change on my face so I'm starting now again.
Has any one got a recommendation for a good light moisturizer? I'm so scared to try new things and my moisturizer that I used to use is GONE!!!! I need your help guys.

16-03-2011
front row

I had the best luck with the birth control pill and Neutrogena Acne Wash. I suspect those blue light LED things are worth looking at as well as peels and Retin-a.

19-04-2011
fashion elite

does anyone have any advice on dealing with "bacne" (acne on your back) its getting to be summer and im really getting sick of it. ive tried the clean and clear bacne spray which sort of works and the neutrogena body clear scrub and body wash but nothing really totally clears it up. any advice?

22-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
does anyone have any advice on dealing with "bacne" (acne on your back) its getting to be summer and im really getting sick of it. ive tried the clean and clear bacne spray which sort of works and the neutrogena body clear scrub and body wash but nothing really totally clears it up. any advice?
Body wash or soap with acids and similar body moisturizers (w/glycolic and/or lactic acids). They are great to keep KP and pores on body clear, as long as I use them.

Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Lotion
AmLactin 12% Moisturizing Cream or Lotion
Paula's Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion

Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash
Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 3% Shower Gel

^ Or something similar.

There is also the option of salicylic acid products, but they alone are less effective and your skin absorbs a lot of salicylic acid (which is a relative of aspirin), so long therm use might not be that healthy.

windowshopping

Does anyone know a good very gentle cleanser that will not break me out? I have issues with acne since I was 10 years old (I am 26)! My skin has been really sensitive this week, I could hardly tolerate my regular cleanser and I switched to a LRP Toleriane one but I think it is starting to break me out.
My skin usually does not tolerate regular acne cleansers (everyday) with BP, AHAs and BHAs...(How I am supose to take care of my acne prone skin, right?)

My skin is a curse...acne prone, sensitive, can't wear make up, can't get prolonged sun exposure (or I will breakout), can't go to the pool (I can't stop scratching myself).

The best acne treatment for me (much better than any dermatologist I ever went to): living in Nothern Europe! Too bad I live in Portugal right now!

25-04-2011
backstage pass

^ That's tough, considering Toleriane has just 6 or 7 ingredients+water in it.
Perhaps Avene Tolťrance ExtrÍme Cleansing Lotion? Has just 5 mostly inert ingredients+water high in silica that helps calm skin down. Tolťrance ExtrÍme is very low on fatty acid esters, perhaps your skin reacts to those. Or maybe it's the glycerin, but most cleansers, even simplest soaps have that, I think Bioderma Sensibio H20 cleansing micellar water has no glycerin and also is simple yet effective.

Not a cleanser, but 2-5% niacinamide (vit B3) dissolved in water is great for calming skin down and has anecdotal evidence in preventing breakouts (works for me anyhow plus it soothes any smaller redness and minor irritations ).
Is really simple, just pure water (preferably distiled) and add powder and use as toner/serum since it's liquid. 10 ml water and 0.5 g B3 for 5% solution. Store in fridge and make new batch every 1-2 weeks because it spoils pretty fast.
Maybe is worth a try.

http://activeformulas.com/activeform...acinamide.html

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread