How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenysha75 View Post
Hello if you dont have acne problems you shouldnt be using differin in the first place
What I would recommend for regular skin that want to go to flawless skin is lots of gym (especially running and ropes)drink lots of water maybe a good vitamin c'peeling at the dermatologist too.
I would also recommend la roche posay and stiefel brands
Hope that helps
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks you much for your help I actually do lots of gym, and i used to drink lots of water, but then i left it for coke ahahah I'm gonna search through the products of this brands, cause i def. lost my interest in using Differin, specially after reading previous comments about it.
Thanks for your help.

26-11-2011
fashion elite

i SWEAR by mario badescu skincare line. especially the pimple healing lotion. works wonders!

scenester

I haven't read this thread so I'm sorry if I repeat something someone else said...

Just wanted to share a "discovery".

I've tried the Zeno, a devise that treats pimples with heat. It worked but it's very expensive and I found that just by using hot water on cotton I could achieve better results.

I simply rinse a ball of cotton under hot water and then press it to the problem area. I can't say for how long. I use very hot water so sometimes i pause for a few seconds before I press 10-20 seconds and so on.

If you want to try this you have to make sure not to use too hot water so that you go from pimple victim to burn victim. Be very careful and do a test first and wait and see if your skin gets red or dry afterwards.

This method has helped me a lot. I use this method several times every day.
I think it works because the heat kills bacteria (like Zeno) and the water also opens up the skin.
I'm not using makeup at the moment so if you try this you might want to think twice about putting on foundation or any cream that will get into the pores that you just "opened".
If I get dry I use honey (and rinse off after a while).

I'm interested to know what you think of this simple method. Please don't burn yourselves though!

09-12-2011
backstage pass

I got rid of acnes quite a long ago but they leave scars and dark marks on my face making it look terrible how to get rid of them does facial mask work ? if yes then what kind/formula ? Ive been avoiding direct sunlight on my face hoping that will help worsen the condition...

15-12-2011
front row

Hey guys, I found some great new products that are helping me with my hormonal acne:

First off, I should mention that I switched my entire skincare and makeup routine to Organic, Natural Products. I'm a vegan and for a long time just cutting out dairy really helped me with my acne but for some reason it's been flaring up again. Then I went to Origins and had a little chat with a sales lady! They recommended the Checks and Balances Cleanser (good for combo skin) and for makeup: Brighter by Nature Powder. Also, from Whole Foods Body Shop, I purchased an organic moisturizer called Derma E Very Clean Problem Skin Moisturizer. They also gave me a sample of the Scar Gel that I find is helping a lot too for the leftover marks on my face.

Already, I see a HUGE difference in my skin and its only been two days. I was using heavy foundations and makeup that I really do believe was making my acne act up, and if you have acne, you should seriously consider what product you are using because it could be the cause of it!

backstage pass

Does anyone have any ideas for this! I have tiny little bumps under the skin that you can't really notice but they are all over my forehead and my chin and I can't get rid of them! They then turn into spots not all of them though! I've work out that the simple cleansers and moisturisers help my skin the best and ive just strated taking omega 3 but I just can't get rid of them! I've tried Clinique and benzoyl peroxide products but they don't help and exfoliation and honey doesn't seem to help either. If you have any product that would help that aren't expensive I would really really appreciate it!!! I drink 3 litres of water a day and I do eat pretty healthy.

20-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
Hello, i'm new on this thread... And i wanted to ask you: Has any of you used the product DIFFERIN 0.1? I was recommended it by a dermatologist and then bought it (I don't have problems with acne, but i wanted a perfect/flawless skin that's why i went), so i started to use it, and the i begin having problems with acne, so i stopped using it... and now i want to use it again... any recommendations ? specially how to use...
hi, i used differin. i loved it! it works and the concentration i was using did not irritate my face. i used it every other night. (the other nights i used a moisturizer or serum)

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
hi, i used differin. i loved it! it works and the concentration i was using did not irritate my face. i used it every other night. (the other nights i used a moisturizer or serum)
Really ? That's great, but how often you used it ? and how bad was your face before using it ? and for how long did you use it (time)? Great to see that someone had a good result

V.I.P.

i used it about two years total. then i had no medical insurance so i couldnt buy it again. a few years later i started using retin-a (which is stronger).

my skin was not that bad to begin with. but its important to use differin or retin a because of the way it can ward off wrinkles. thats the main reason why i used it

is the .1 concentration irritated your skin, just ask your doctor to prescribe the lower dose.

i am now in my 30's with no wrinkles.

if you keep using these products you'll really thank yourself later.

windowshopping

I use benzaclin for my acne. It works great but can bleach everything. I'm 34 and still have prolonging acne problems. The dermatologist put me on bactrium 30 day supply of taking 1 pill a day for thirty days then 1/2 pill for an additional 30 days. My face cleared up but the acne came back. So I'm in limbo about what to do now. I have Cystic Acne Vulgaris really don't want to continue benzaclin. I use MaC mineral foundation and really believe it has caused aggravation to my prevalent acne situation.

20-12-2011
fashion elite

Well as everyone as mentioned it works only if you're constant which i'm not. I think i'll go to the doctor and get the right prescription, thanks

V.I.P.

i also stop using retin a entirely for ten days before i visit my waxer. just in case.

you might want to ask your doctor for a sample first. prescription samples are no longer legal in my state - but they used to be. perhaps your doctor will give you one for free.

scenester

I continued with my water method and this week I'm problem free.
This is truly amazing and easy and cheap.

The hot water is soothing and I feel after "treatment" that the skin is calm, not itching or aching.

If I feel small bumps under the skin I target that area as soon as I notice the problem and it just goes away.

My problem now is to find makeup that my skin can tolerate. I have mineral powders that are pure and everything, but they still make my skin bad. I think my skin is oily and whatever I cover it with will cause bulid up, because of the oil.

GlowGirl can you tell me more about that powder you bought?

I don't really need that much cover, I just need a little to take away shine and cover up red nose in the winter...

Is powders with silica good for acne prone skin?

22-12-2011
front row

^ It's a nice compact powder (they may even refer to it as a foundation). I like it because its light on your skin but it covers up what you want to cover up. For so long I was using liquids and it just would wear off hours later and leave me shiny, but this powder stays on and it is also really good to cover up shine. I would say go to Origins and try it out!

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskki View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for this! I have tiny little bumps under the skin that you can't really notice but they are all over my forehead and my chin and I can't get rid of them! They then turn into spots not all of them though! I've work out that the simple cleansers and moisturisers help my skin the best and ive just strated taking omega 3 but I just can't get rid of them! I've tried Clinique and benzoyl peroxide products but they don't help and exfoliation and honey doesn't seem to help either. If you have any product that would help that aren't expensive I would really really appreciate it!!! I drink 3 litres of water a day and I do eat pretty healthy.
i dont think omega 3 (supplements?) or honey is going to help your skin. i think the easiest thing to do is just make an appointment with your GP or even an NHS nurse. that would save a lot of time and bother for you. you could cut to the chase and get to the root of the problem quickly. without wasting your time on products that might not work. good luck!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread