How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
19-02-2012
  301
backstage pass
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 692
I've been using iodine solution for over a month and I have to say my skin is much smoother, and I have less acnes, than before.The solution basically disinfects your skin.I use betadine, I'm not sure if it's a worldwide known product. Here's a picture of the bottle:



edit: of course i use it on my skin, do not drink it!


Last edited by Lanbim Cord; 19-02-2012 at 02:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
 
19-02-2012
  302
V.I.P.
 
Kenysha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,938
thanks for the info dsoma
also this is what I do Im always doin my foundation with sponge
I wash them with uriage soap when I put on my make up I blend really hard and if I have acne I blend super hard and the next morning everything gone

__________________
There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!
  Reply With Quote
19-02-2012
  303
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 6
Hi all, I am new to this forum but I thought I might join in. Well, I have bad hormonal breakouts where I'd get clusters of breakouts along my chin and jaws. I find regular exfoliation with enzyme and steam keeps the breakouts to minimal. I also love Borghese fango mud which seems to refine the skin. Currently I am using a salicyclic acid toner and Cosmedix Define at night. And aloe vera gel (from my own pot) or Kinerase Peptide C3 treatment (I think that's the name) helps. I find Citrix SPF30 to be non-comedogenic and best out of all sunscreens. I find most sunscreens do break me out and I can't be bothered forever mud masking myself everyday just to keep the breakouts to minimum. I also find regular exercise and eating low GI diet helps with the skin breakouts. I read this is to do with regulating insulin which in turn helps the endocrine system to regulate hormones.
I am looking for a good salicyclic acid toner that isn't harsh and am having difficulty finding one that doesn't have denatured alcohol of some sort. Any recs? Thanks.

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2012
  304
backstage pass
 
olga.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: warsaw
Gender: femme
Posts: 686
dsoma this Betadine is on prescription?

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2012
  305
backstage pass
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 692
^olga., no it is not

  Reply With Quote
10-03-2012
  306
windowshopping
 
Bonnie Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Gender: femme
Posts: 37
Two years ago I started to break out horribly. My dermathologists prescribed
Duac Akne Gel 1% Clindamycin, 5% Benzoylperoxid and Linoladiol N with Erythromycin - I was cured very soon and my skin looks quite perfect.

  Reply With Quote
12-03-2012
  307
rising star
 
junkmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: England
Gender: femme
Posts: 112
I've suffered with a shiny complection for many years, as well as breakouts. I've honestly tried everything, so when i ran out of my dermaquest face wash, which did kinda work btw, i used the dove soap in my bathroom until my order for dermaquest came, i noticed that my skin was a lot softer and smoother. I then decided to cancel my order and continue to use dove soap, it made sense with dove being a MILLION times cheaper than dermaquest, which was costing me close to £250 for their range. So anyway, when i got a breakout, i then thought about using a product that has similar ingredients as dermaquest. The main ingredient being salicylic acid, so i bought some clearasil ultra rapid action pads. This combined with the dove soap have worked wonders for me and saving me big time, money wise. I use Biotherm pore reducer. This is a very light moisturiser and really does keep the shine at bay. I hope this helps someone that suffers with the same skin as i have.

__________________
www.thejunkmonkey.tumblr.com
  Reply With Quote
15-03-2012
  308
backstage pass
 
Tiffannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 741
Okay I don't have acne but I have skin problems. My arms and legs have bumps on them. So more specifically there are bumps on the back of my calves and my thighs. I had them for several years and i wish they could just go away. And by bumps i don;t mean huge ones just um small ones. I don't really know what it is. Help?

__________________
avatar by fade-out
  Reply With Quote
23-03-2012
  309
rising star
 
sabrina2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Parker View Post
Two years ago I started to break out horribly. My dermathologists prescribed
Duac Akne Gel 1% Clindamycin, 5% Benzoylperoxid and Linoladiol N with Erythromycin - I was cured very soon and my skin looks quite perfect.
Just wanted to post my similar success with Clindamycin - I use it in the morning, and at night use a prescription Retin-A (Tretinoin). I only use it on my chin/jawline where I was suffering bad stress/hormonal breakouts that were driving me mad. I had tried to fix the issue with more "natural" solutions for months without much success. Still trying to address the underlying issue with lots of vitamins, veggies, sleep, no sugar/white carbs etc., but this combination has really kept the breakouts at bay.

  Reply With Quote
27-04-2012
  310
backstage pass
 
valerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Belgium
Gender: femme
Posts: 927
I have these little spots and blemishes and I wanted to know which kind of concealers do you think are the very best? I have very pale and sensitive skin and now I use Touche Eclat from time to time to hide my little spots. I know it is not a concealer, but sometimes it does the job but now I want a real concealer Any suggestions?


Last edited by valerie; 27-04-2012 at 09:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
12-05-2012
  311
windowshopping
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: QLD
Gender: femme
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina2 View Post
Just wanted to post my similar success with Clindamycin - I use it in the morning, and at night use a prescription Retin-A (Tretinoin). I only use it on my chin/jawline where I was suffering bad stress/hormonal breakouts that were driving me mad. I had tried to fix the issue with more "natural" solutions for months without much success. Still trying to address the underlying issue with lots of vitamins, veggies, sleep, no sugar/white carbs etc., but this combination has really kept the breakouts at bay.
this sounds like Retinoic Acid, which's what my doctor's prescribed me and works heaps fine.
I had pimples all over my face, especially cheeks and the t-zone and i didn't know it was acne, cos i never really had that problem.. I eat well, avoid dairy (i love cheese though) and all i put on my face and probs almost everything i eat is organic, so i was not to keen on putting some chemical on my skin, and retinoic acid is actually an oxidized form of vitamin a, and it has anti-wrinkle effects since it boosts collagen production and it provides a natural exfoliation of the skin, AND it got rid of my few freckles. so now i absolutely love it. but of course you have to buy a really great cleansing bar too clean your face first thing in the morning so the acid won't burn your skin.
This is what I'd recommend:

source: dermstore


Last edited by HeatherAnne; 16-05-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Fixed source, per user info.
  Reply With Quote
15-05-2012
  312
backstage pass
 
Niusity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 648
Guys, first of all thanks everyone for all your adviced it has really helped me a lot!

I need your advice on this Neutrogena acne treatment, I'm not sure abot the salicylic acid because I've been using it in soo many products lately that I think my skin got used to it.

neutrogena.com

  Reply With Quote
25-05-2012
  313
front row
 
Vega Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Carolina
Gender: homme
Posts: 439
My skin hasn't been very good for the past couple of months. Back towards the end of March, I had a couple of pimples on the left side of my jaw/chin. I decided to start applying salicylic acid moisturizer followed by some very strong salicylic acid gel twice during the day on top of my usual night treatment night to try to get rid of them and prevent others, but I think that ended up doing far more harm than good. It didn't work as intended, and I think I ended up over-moisturizing and clogging my pores even worse. My hormonal/stress pimples on my chin and jawline seem to be going away now, (I think due to hormonal changes more than anything I've done.) but now I'm having some difficulty with my forehead. Nothing really horrible, just one or two really small pimples pop up one after another, mostly on the left side. Generally, they're pretty easy to treat, but they often take a long time to fully heal and my forehead skin in general looks kind of clogged if examined closely. I think it's probably a combination of several different things that are causing it.

First, even though it's been about a month since I quit applying stuff during the day, I think my skin is probably still recovering from the damage that doing so caused. Second, I've been slacking off my regular exercise routine. Third, sometimes I headbang if I'm listening to a song I like, which causes my long-ish hair to hit my face. Probably grasping a straws a bit there, but it's a possibility. Fourth, my sleep schedule is unnatural. I generally get to bed around 6 AM, something that I really need to change for plenty of reasons unrelated to my skin. Fifth, simple stress. I've had some stressful things going on in my life (Mostly self-inflicted.) that would require far too lengthy an explanation for this post, so let's just say that they are probably enough to cause some breakouts. And sixth and likely the most relevant, I'm just eighteen, so this could simply be a hormonal shift. The issue there is that I've never had acne quite like this in the past. Heck, a couple of years ago, I was able to go days without applying any treatment at all with no really noticeable negative impact. Still, this is probably the most likely culprit, in which case there isn't a whole lot I can really do about it. I'll just fix the aforementioned problems that I can fix and see what happens.

__________________
Just say no to Terry Richardson.
  Reply With Quote
25-05-2012
  314
V.I.P.
 
Kenysha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
My skin hasn't been very good for the past couple of months. Back towards the end of March, I had a couple of pimples on the left side of my jaw/chin. I decided to start applying salicylic acid moisturizer followed by some very strong salicylic acid gel twice during the day on top of my usual night treatment night to try to get rid of them and prevent others, but I think that ended up doing far more harm than good. It didn't work as intended, and I think I ended up over-moisturizing and clogging my pores even worse. My hormonal/stress pimples on my chin and jawline seem to be going away now, (I think due to hormonal changes more than anything I've done.) but now I'm having some difficulty with my forehead. Nothing really horrible, just one or two really small pimples pop up one after another, mostly on the left side. Generally, they're pretty easy to treat, but they often take a long time to fully heal and my forehead skin in general looks kind of clogged if examined closely. I think it's probably a combination of several different things that are causing it.

First, even though it's been about a month since I quit applying stuff during the day, I think my skin is probably still recovering from the damage that doing so caused. Second, I've been slacking off my regular exercise routine. Third, sometimes I headbang if I'm listening to a song I like, which causes my long-ish hair to hit my face. Probably grasping a straws a bit there, but it's a possibility. Fourth, my sleep schedule is unnatural. I generally get to bed around 6 AM, something that I really need to change for plenty of reasons unrelated to my skin. Fifth, simple stress. I've had some stressful things going on in my life (Mostly self-inflicted.) that would require far too lengthy an explanation for this post, so let's just say that they are probably enough to cause some breakouts. And sixth and likely the most relevant, I'm just eighteen, so this could simply be a hormonal shift. The issue there is that I've never had acne quite like this in the past. Heck, a couple of years ago, I was able to go days without applying any treatment at all with no really noticeable negative impact. Still, this is probably the most likely culprit, in which case there isn't a whole lot I can really do about it. I'll just fix the aforementioned problems that I can fix and see what happens.
U Should try to get a healthier lifestyle even if its hard sometimes
I think the lack of sleep and the stress can play (depending on the person) on your skin
Im goin out for a run twice or once a week and now my skin is flawless
I have been through a lot too so I understand and the best is to let your skin breathe from all these chemical products
If you feel your acne is a problem go see a dermatologist its the best way trust me
you could start antibiotics maybe for a 1/2 months
but try to get some good sleep and do something that will take your stress away it can be anything

__________________
There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet! No one can get at it except for me!
  Reply With Quote
18-06-2012
  315
fashion icon
 
dumbfairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,352
About a month ago I got a total of 6 horrible spots all pretty much one next to another just by the side of my nose. 3 of them are STILL there. They keep coming back and I am at a loss of how to treat them?

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.