How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

maybe let your skin breathe and stop putting treatment on the spots

07-07-2012
fashion icon

I didn't use anything on them :-/ They cleared eventually,but they've left a really horrible red mark on the side of my nose. I'm wondering about going back to my doctors and asking for some treatment,because whilst I'm not acne ridden,I'm getting one bad spot after another.

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

there are products from eucerin (eucerin redness relief) and la roche posay that may help with redness.

i think i might be lucky, i've never had any acne scars even though i picked (yuck, i know) at a number of my pimples over the years. i've had a few that have been taken a while to heal leaving redness, but they've always gone away.

laser treatments and chemical peels can help with acne scars and redness.

i havent had a real pimple in maybe 6 months (just a few of the tiny ones that go away quickly)

for me the formula that has worked is every other night apply retin A (its a low concentration only 0.05 %) and a night moisturizer the other nights. and a moisturizer with suncreen in the AM of course.

Last edited by lucy92; 07-07-2012 at 11:12 AM.

07-07-2012
scenester

This is disturbing if you love coffee:

Video is called "Cystic Acne healed after testing for hidden food allergies"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBuw...eature=related

08-07-2012
front row

Well, I seem to have solved my major acne issues, but I have another question now; what is a good way to treat blackheads? I have a great many on my forehead now, and while they are only noticeable if one looks very closely, they sometimes get clogged and turn in to very small pimples. Those are easy to treat, but I'd prefer to solve the issue that causes them in the first place. My usual salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide acne treatments are ineffective.

08-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
Well, I seem to have solved my major acne issues, but I have another question now; what is a good way to treat blackheads? I have a great many on my forehead now, and while they are only noticeable if one looks very closely, they sometimes get clogged and turn in to very small pimples. Those are easy to treat, but I'd prefer to solve the issue that causes them in the first place. My usual salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide acne treatments are ineffective.
you might want to try biore pore strips. you have to leave them on longer than the package says to however. the good thing about it is that you can actually see them working.

09-07-2012
front row

^Looks good to me. I'll try to find some tomorrow. Thanks!

09-07-2012
rising star

i find blackheads are caused by too much product. also some 'good' brands leave me covered in them, avene, many moisturisers with spf. anything clinique (although if youve any sense, you wont consider that a decent brand. read the ingredients, theyre terribly harsh). many cleansers, not specifically very harsh ones but aimed at acne that really foam and strip your skin of its natural oil will result in blackheads because your skin goes into overtime producing more oil. i cleanse using almond oil or jojoba. once youve washed most of it off with warm water and a clean cloth, whats left moisturisers your skin

09-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rova View Post
This is disturbing if you love coffee:

Video is called "Cystic Acne healed after testing for hidden food allergies"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBuw...eature=related
this is so depressing innit. lol.

10-07-2012
front row

I just finished my first use of Biore pore strips. I tried one on my nose first to see how it works. I left it on for over twenty minutes, but it wouldn't come off when I tried to remove it, so I had to wet it a bit first. It unfortunately left most of the adhesive stuff on my nose instead of yanking it all off nicely, so I had to wipe it off with a washcloth instead. Visibly, the difference is pretty small, but the amount of gunk that came off in to the washcloth was quite astounding. I then put some on my forehead and left them for as close to the recommended fifteen minutes as I could get without a timer. These were extremely sticky and had to basically be rinsed off, but once again, quite a bit of crap came out on to that washcloth also. I think these made more of a visible difference also. In conclusion, I think this was an acceptable first try. This is obviously not the sort of product that will solve everything in one use, but I think that everything will improve considerably with continued use. I also think I need to wait considerably longer than the recommended time before removal, like lucy92 suggested. Perhaps forty-five minutes to an hour would work better. By the way, do I have to wait the recommended three days in between treatments, or could I try again tomorrow?

18-07-2012
front row

I've always used a two percent concentration salicylic acid astringent, but it has been making my skin very dry and red. I put up with it for a long time because it worked so well, butit has gotten worse recently, so I decided that I've finally had enough. I bought some one percent concentration astringent today. I hope it's strong enough.

scenester

hormonal acne is the worst.... anyone tried any supplements that work in balancing out your hormones and effectively preventing hormonal acne as a result? I've heard agnus castus works ...?

windowshopping

Thought I'd pop in to say that I've had some degree of acne all my life. A few months ago I started taking vitamin A and zinc and now my skin is clear. Sometimes I'll get a small spot here or there - but overall I've never seen my skin look this good! I love that I can use better, more natural products on my face now

19-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
I just finished my first use of Biore pore strips. I tried one on my nose first to see how it works. I left it on for over twenty minutes, but it wouldn't come off when I tried to remove it, so I had to wet it a bit first. It unfortunately left most of the adhesive stuff on my nose instead of yanking it all off nicely, so I had to wipe it off with a washcloth instead. Visibly, the difference is pretty small, but the amount of gunk that came off in to the washcloth was quite astounding. I then put some on my forehead and left them for as close to the recommended fifteen minutes as I could get without a timer. These were extremely sticky and had to basically be rinsed off, but once again, quite a bit of crap came out on to that washcloth also. I think these made more of a visible difference also. In conclusion, I think this was an acceptable first try. This is obviously not the sort of product that will solve everything in one use, but I think that everything will improve considerably with continued use. I also think I need to wait considerably longer than the recommended time before removal, like lucy92 suggested. Perhaps forty-five minutes to an hour would work better. By the way, do I have to wait the recommended three days in between treatments, or could I try again tomorrow?
you have to rip off the strip like a brandaid. it might hurt a teeny bit. they also pull off peach fuzz (ie hair).

i leave mine on for almost half an hour. (where i am is humid so i have to adjust)

you are right, it is amazing how much gunk are on those strips.

i would try again on another spot on your face if you dont want to wait a week.

20-07-2012
front row

^Well, either that first instance was a fluke, or (More likely.) I mistook the discolored parts of my washcloth for crap from my face, because I've tried them again twice; once about a week ago, and a few minutes ago; and they did basically nothing. I screwed up and waited too long the time before last, so that is why they did nothing then, but I did everything perfectly tonight, and it barely did anything. I think my blackheads are too old and too deep for these strips.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, thread