How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-07-2012
V.I.P.

it could be. i have blackheads on my nose that wont go away. however i am considering a chemical TCA peel and resurfacing treatment that might combat this problem. my appointment for the consultation is next month.

you might also want to go to a salon and get a facial with extraction. mens facials are much cheaper than womens. and you can always ask if you can get an "express" facial at a reduced cost if you are concerned about cost.

the last facial i had was 90 mins. some people might consider that too long.

22-07-2012
front row

^Eh... I'd prefer stuff I can do at home. Are there any other masks or sticky pad thingies out there that might work?

V.I.P.

try using dr brandt pres no more vaccuum cleaner blackhead extractor before using a pore strip by boscia or biore. its at sephora and other fancy department stores.

the dr brandt products softens them up. but its not cheap. its around 50$.

or i would go straight to a dermatologist or your regular doctor. they can give you a 10$ prescription product for blackheads and other acne.

clay masks can help extract oil, but not really deep down like some blackheads.

rising star

my boyfriend gets big old boy blackheads and I use the nose strips on him - waiting until the strip is hard (like a broken bone cast) before tearing close, but perpendicular to the skin to tear it off. It is kind of like pulling off a wax strip to get the hair from the root.... I just realised that sounds like I pull his off - gross, and I don't.

For my own blackheads I find I get good results from steaming my face with hot water and Queen Helene mint julep mask or mario badescu silver powder. Both of these mask I take off with a facial scrub. Regular facials for the bad ones though

Last edited by strawberries; 22-07-2012 at 03:26 PM.
22-07-2012
scenester

For blackheads the most effective method for me is using a blackhead extractor tool. Do it once a week and you'll be good. The body shop sells one... but i got one on ebay for like 1.99 haaha! It's what they use in spa treatments when you get a facial sometimes ... specifically called "extractions".

fashion icon

I was casually browing vitamins in Boots earlier (a UK drugstore) and in the herbal section they had tablets for acne,clear skin etc. Anybody ever used anything like that? One type,which was called clear complexion in an orange box,was only Ł2.20 so I might just give it a go anyway at that price.

28-07-2012
backstage pass

first look through ur cosmetics, if u have sensitive skins you should do some research, cause for me anything with mineral oil does not work, cloggs my pores , i had so many problrms with my skin then i cutt of with some products and whoah my skin got better a lot , and to add ive started using some vegan cosmetics and it is really good.

29-07-2012
fashion icon

Anybody any recommendations for a face wash for acne prone skin? I've nearly run out of the one I'm currently using by clean and clear (I only purchased it because it was on offer) and I honestly think all of the ingredients in it probably do my skin more harm than good,so I'm looking for one that will help my skin,but is a bit more natural.

29-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
Anybody any recommendations for a face wash for acne prone skin? I've nearly run out of the one I'm currently using by clean and clear (I only purchased it because it was on offer) and I honestly think all of the ingredients in it probably do my skin more harm than good,so I'm looking for one that will help my skin,but is a bit more natural.
I would say Avčne or La Roche-Posay! They're both very good and very efficient in cleaning face without being too harsh. Have you also tried cutting down on dairy products? This made a big difference for me

30-07-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennaliann View Post
I would say Avčne or La Roche-Posay!
and also normaderm vichy gel

30-07-2012
fashion icon

From August 1st I am going to try going dairy free for the month. I was told at about age 13 that I was lactose intolerent,but over the years I just got a little bored of soy milk etc so went back on the dairy big time. But a week ago my Mum suggested it to me so it's certainly something I'm going to look into again.

As for la roche posay,how could I forget! I LOVE that brand.

30-07-2012
windowshopping

Benzoyl peroxide from the chemist is the best! It's the active ingredient in most good acne skincare.
I was on isotane for my bad acne (it's the most intense treatment you can be prescribed), but my skin was still quite bad after... BP keeps it at bay.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
I think oil cleansers or cleansing balms are ideal, because they really, really get the dirt out without being too harsh on the skin. I've tried the Darphin Rosewood cleansing balm and loved it, used up every last bit of it. I'm aching to try the Shu Uemura cleansing oils, but I know the Dermalogica pre-cleanse is good too.

trendsetter

I highly recommend Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub. They have a basic wash without peeling particles too, but I haven't tried it, this scrub is gentle enough for daily use.
VC moisturizing cream is great too!

I was really satisfied with NUXE Reve de Miel gel and Essence My Skin gel, those two I've used for years.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
31-07-2012
V.I.P.

I feel like I keep repeating myself in various threads but for me Dr. Hauschka products are still the best. Their cleansing cream did wonders for clearing my skin. Just don't expect over-night-wonders. A week will do, though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread