How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2014
windowshopping

^ How do you apply the honey, do you mix it with something? I want to try but it sounds messy.

22-03-2014
front row

^I tried putting honey on my face once a couple years ago and managed to successfully get a lot of it in my hair. Not very fun.

scenester

I've been on Tetralylsal for about three months now and my acne has improved soooo much, I still get a few spots around certain times of the month but never the quantity or of the severity that they used to be
I'm so delighted, I've actually been able to get away with wearing no makeup all day

28-03-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
^So do you think it is the sunscreen or the water that is causing it? If you think it is the sunscreen, try a different brand. If you think it is the water, well, I don't really know what to say about that. Pool water has all sorts of chemicals and God knows what else in it and that is not something you can exactly avoid if you want to swim. Maybe try washing your face off immediately after swimming.
I mean to use some thick waterproof sunscreen as a protection from the pool's water . I've tried and it works, well, kinda! My skin still has some new spots after every time I swim but it's much less.

4 Weeks Ago
front row

Hi guys, I haven't posted here before and I'm pretty sure someone will have already mentioned the products I'm about to mention, but I just thought I'd put my two cents in. I have really sensitive, oily skin that is prone to blemishes. Had moderate acne in my teens – somehow got through it with the help of various big-name products from the likes of Neutrogena etc, on top of prescribed treatments from my doctor (these really dried up my skin, no matter how patient I was with them and how sparsely I applied them, so I gave up on prescription products after a while as I was sick of getting rashes, flaky skin etc etc). I'm now 20 and my skin is better now as my hormones have settled a little, but I still get spots pretty frequently, mainly the annoying under-the-skin kind that never quite seem to go away.

My favourite products to use are from Avene. I use their Cleanance Gel cleanser and their TriAcneal treatment (you have to persevere with it for a few weeks before you really see results, but it's totally worth it in the end). I sampled and then ended up buying a full-size Cleanance K, but after using up the whole tube it just wasn't doing anything for me in terms of my spots; I know you have to give these things time, but normally you see some sort of change in your skin after using up an entire tube of the product.

My dirty secret is using TCP on my spots from time to time – I only use it when I have really 'angry' looking spots that I just want to get rid of as quickly as possible – it smells horrible and stings a little but I grin and bear it, dipping a Q-tip into the liquid and then dabbing it on the offending area before I go to bed; when I wake up, the redness of the spot (and, usually, the size) has decreased. Sudocrem is another messy-but-cheap solution that works surprisingly well when applied before bed!

don't look down

I made a big improvement to my skin by remembering to keep my hands away from my face. That means no absent-minded touching, the way you do if you're thinking about something, or reading stuff on-screen.

V.I.P.

Okay, so i have this music festival coming up this weekend and of course i got 2 huge pimples on my face (period time..) i need to get rid of them FAST!!!! any advice? i've used retinol, Paulas choice exfoliators, salisylic acid etc..
any good tips? Products?

3 Weeks Ago
tfs star

If I were you I would first use a proper medical (sterile!) needle, squeeze the hell out of it (unless the pimple is not yet ready to be removed) and then treat what's left (usually a red mark). But that's just me. Otherwise I think there's not much you can do. Especially because you already use some great products. I would suggest DIY vitamin C toner and clay masks though. I also use Bioderma Sebium Global, works better than the new version of LRP Effaclar Duo. At least for me.

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwi View Post
If I were you I would first use a proper medical (sterile!) needle, squeeze the hell out of it (unless the pimple is not yet ready to be removed) and then treat what's left (usually a red mark). But that's just me. Otherwise I think there's not much you can do. Especially because you already use some great products. I would suggest DIY vitamin C toner and clay masks though. I also use Bioderma Sebium Global, works better than the new version of LRP Effaclar Duo. At least for me.

Thank you sooooo much

14 Hours Ago
windowshopping

oatmeal mask
it sounds too simple to be true but today i came across a some research that suggests oatmeal is probably the most effective anti-inflammatory and skin soothing house remedy to put on your face.

you can see the research here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17034418
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22777219
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17373175

i tried it for a few days and have to admit i love the results, the redness of my small pimples is visibly reduced and the fine oatmeal leaves a powdery finish on my skin. the recipe is easy, too: just mix 2 tablespoons of oats until very fine powder and add the same amount of water. lovely. i like minimalistic house remedies. i've posted a blogpost on this topic on my blog http://www.thesilentwhite.com

otherwise my go-to products are Aesop Fabulous Face Oil and Lush's Dark Angel Face Cleanser, i think the face oil truly is a staple for me

Last edited by lynette; 14 Hours Ago at 11:47 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread