How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2010
backstage pass

^ Yes, many times. But the result hasn't been consistent.
Ultimately, it's an anti-inflammatory so it's supposed to reduce the size of the cyst. The last time I was injected, it didn't do a darn thing...who knows what happened, really. So I think I would weigh the expense (I pay out of pocket) & the time (to go to an appt) before I do it again.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me

30-04-2010
trendsetter

^^Oh wow, thank you so much for the info! So it looks like the results of these injections vary. I'm really going to just think about it for now and weigh my options...if i were to get it, i'd want it to work and would be disappointed if otherwise

07-05-2010
backstage pass

I bought a cream from Bioderma: Sébium Al. I can't find a photo online but the tube is light green. It works quite well, pimples literally shrink the next day! And it's only around 5 euros! Hope it helps!

07-05-2010
trendsetter

has somebody tried 'aknenormin'? the main active ingredient is Isotretinoin!

trendsetter

Does anyone know if there is anyway to go to a Dermatologist besides getting a referral from your regular doctor? Reason i ask is because i went to this derm today (that i was referred to, for the SECOND time. the first time he didnt help me AT ALL and rushed me out of the office, without answering any of my questions and told me to check back in a couple of months) and today he basically did the same thing. I had inquiries about getting Cortisone Injections on a couple of small bumps on my nose and he didnt help me at all. So is there anyway i can look thru the yellowpages or online and find a good derm that could help? OR must i only can get a referral from my doctor?

SO frustrating

09-05-2010
scenester

P Louie V:

I've always just looked under my insurance website and called a dermatologist from the list provided to make an appointment. I've never had to get a referral, but yours may be different. Regardless, you've got to see someone new STAT!

That's just ridiculous he refuses to do his job! I would suggest that next time you go (hopefully to someone new) you write down a list of your concerns and questions so that if you get siderolled you can do something like point down to your list and say something like "I just have one more question here" or "there's this additional concern I'd like to talk about before you go" etc. That may help put things back into focus and increase the productivity of your visit. Good luck!

09-05-2010
trendsetter

^^Wow, thank you Anna so much for your help/response. I am definately going to make a list next time with all of my concerns because i found myself sidetracked and at a loss when i went to the Dermatologist. Im also going to check out my insurance's website and see what they have to offer. again, thank you

10-05-2010
V.I.P.

started the big as* treatment on friday aka curacne aka for u guys in the us accutane or roaccutane
Im at 30 mg a day next month Ill be at 40 maybe
all the bombs are coming out now wich is a good thing skin is gettin all dry
regular stuff when ure under this treatment
Im on a roll for 5 or 6 months

fashion elite

i'm using Vichy Normaderm... but i'm not so happy with it. I'm thinking about switching to La Roche Posay Effaclar or maybe Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions!?! what do you guys think is the best of this products?? or maybe another brand?? GOSH... i hate my skin right now

12-05-2010
fashion icon

I used la roche posay just over 1 year ago and had no problems with it,but I was on antibiotics for my skin at the same time I think. That said I really like the brand Clinique didn't do anything for me.

12-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenKutak View Post
i'm using Vichy Normaderm... but i'm not so happy with it. I'm thinking about switching to La Roche Posay Effaclar or maybe Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions!?! what do you guys think is the best of this products?? or maybe another brand?? GOSH... i hate my skin right now
For normal acne see a dermatologist get a prescription of 2 creams
effederm(vitamin a acid)
and cutacnyl 5%(benzoyl peroxid)(if your acne is stronger try 10% or 2.5 if just regular acne)
swith the 2 creams at night and rehydrate the 3rd night with epitheliale from aderma
I would also recommend to wash foundation brushes everyday if youre using them
If you don't like to bother with creams I HIGHLY recommend panoxyl soap bar from stiefel (its webderm now)they have 3 different strenght of benzoyl peroxid 5% 10% and 2.5%
Always buy the lowest strenght first then youre the only one to know what works best for you
These products are not expensive and this is the sh*t right here if you have normal acne it will kill all the bad germs in no times !
never ever use those product under roaccutane treatment

buzzillions.com
4algeria.com

Last edited by Kenysha75; 12-05-2010 at 12:27 PM.
12-05-2010
windowshopping

Does anyone have any recommendations about what to do about back acne? I am at a loss, I just dont know what to do. I have absolutely no spots on my face but on my back I have it moderately. Summer is fast approaching and I feel like I should start a regime already but I dont know where to begin. Help appreciated!

13-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenKutak View Post
I like the Effaclar
I alternate it with MB's Glycolic Foaming Wash

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
19-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embellished View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations about what to do about back acne? I am at a loss, I just dont know what to do. I have absolutely no spots on my face but on my back I have it moderately. Summer is fast approaching and I feel like I should start a regime already but I dont know where to begin. Help appreciated!
I think you should see a dermatologist about this. Its usually because of hormones or body heattoo, so maybe it will get worse during the summer.
DO use prickly heat powder. It has a cooling effect and itl help with the prevention, but medication-wise you must must get a consult.

Feels Like Heaven

I always had pretty much clear skin but since I started on collage and moved away my face just got worse and worse.My dermatologist said it is because of stress,moving to different climate...
I'm on therapy for few months now and the newest product that I've got is Aknefug Oxid Wash with some extra creams,gels and tonics and I'm feeling my skin is better.Of course it always had ups and downs but I hope I will have my clear skin back again.
I'm just scared of acne scars...still don't have them but there is possibility to get them.Is it possible to totally get rid of them?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread