How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2010
scenester

I've tried the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub before, didn't do anything for me at all. In fact, it made me break out more.

01-07-2010
trendsetter

^^Oh wow, im sorry to hear that . Its actually OK for me now, the effects of it mellowed out.

01-07-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
New products always do wonders for me but skin adapts to them after a few weeks so I don't do it everyday so my skin never gets used to it.
yeah i need to try and do that McClaire. i think my skin just adapted to it, and the effects of it mellowed out a bit.

03-07-2010
trendsetter

I tried La Roche Posay Effaclar H series and I am very satisfied with them!!!

trendsetter

Does anyone think Acne is due to problems with detoxing/cleaning the body? i know i've heard that before and have seen an interesting article online but am not sure and dont really know what to think, i guess.

07-07-2010
V.I.P.

^ I've never heard of that. I remember reading something similar to this LINK
That explained a lot to me when I was younger. Do you remember what article it was cause I'm curious to read it.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Louie V View Post
Does anyone think Acne is due to problems with detoxing/cleaning the body? i know i've heard that before and have seen an interesting article online but am not sure and dont really know what to think, i guess.
My beautician also told me that. My liver wasn't working properly at the time and that was seen on my skin (I had huge break outs), so she said I was probably cleaning through my skin. When I asked my doc about this, she confirmed that was possible and it was actually quite common cause of skin problems.

07-07-2010
backstage pass

^ Yup, my dermatologist too.
In fact, she "prescribes" a cleanse and healthful diet to all her patients. In her mind, it can't hurt (if done under medical supervision) and can only help. [This isn't the master cleanse thing where you eat nothing for days, btw.]

BUT...per usual, it didn't do anything with my acne!
It's impervious to restricting or eliminating coffee, dairy, gluten...etc. (and I don't eat junk food, fried food, or anything else that'd be considered 'bad')

But for some it's been the missing link. YMMV!! Your mileage may vary

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
07-07-2010
trendsetter

Thanks everyone for your input!! (and McClaire, i sent that link to you)

I might go ahead and ask my doctor/derm whether or not it would help if i did a cleansing/detox. Like Serenity*Now said, im sure it cant hurt it can only help.

09-07-2010
front row

Hey guys, have any of you tried Clearance K by Avene (http://www.aveneusa.com/cleanance-k-oil-control-lotion/)? It has been getting great reviews on MUA, but I havn't had the time to test it yes. So, any thoughts?

tfs star

I used CK for awhile. When I was using it for my first time there really was an effect (I was so happy!).
Later I tried Avene Diacneal which did absoulutely nothing (and that was my worst period, I had real acne-I remember I also posted pic here ), then I decided to go back to Cleanance K and I didn't notice much difference. My friend also said when she was on second tube it didn't help her like the first time. Apparently skin got used to it.

09-07-2010
Feels Like Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
My beautician also told me that. My liver wasn't working properly at the time and that was seen on my skin (I had huge break outs), so she said I was probably cleaning through my skin. When I asked my doc about this, she confirmed that was possible and it was actually quite common cause of skin problems.

That's not like that in my case
For two months now I've been eating healthy,no sweets,no drinks,lots of vegetables and fruit.I don't have any problems with my health,I workout every day,I rarely put foundation on just in some occasions when I need to,and I really take care of my skin but my problem is still there.Sometimes it seems like it's gone but sometimes I get a huge brake out that I can't even see myself in the mirror.

09-07-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
I used CK for awhile. When I was using it for my first time there really was an effect (I was so happy!).
Later I tried Avene Diacneal which did absoulutely nothing (and that was my worst period, I had real acne-I remember I also posted pic here ), then I decided to go back to Cleanance K and I didn't notice much difference. My friend also said when she was on second tube it didn't help her like the first time. Apparently skin got used to it.

how often did you use CK? every day?

front row

I want to try a new skin care regiment and I've been researching treatments online similar to Proactiv but with better ratings and results, and I found a system called Exposed Acne Treatment.

Their website says they use things like Tea Tree Oil, Green Tea, Jojoba, Olive Leaf Extract, Licorice, etc. They sound very natural, while still using the standard ingredients like Benzoyl Peroxide.

Has anyone ever heard of this or even tried it? I'm considering ordering a 60-day supply of it.

16-07-2010
front row

My skin gets irritated/dry pretty easily. I've been looking at Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser. It says that it doesn't over-dry or irritate the skin. Does anyone have any input about Burt's Bees or other products that may help? I also have rather large pores and bumpy skin. Should I be on the look out for toners and dermabrasions?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, acne, thread