How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2010
V.I.P.

The Acne Thread #3
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

has anyone used Aveda Outer Peace Acne spot relief?

aveda

Last edited by classicalbang; 14-03-2010 at 06:32 AM.

04-03-2010
V.I.P.

...and the reason i ask is because it's gotten great reviews on the site.

14-03-2010
windowshopping

I ordered Proactiv a week and a half ago; it should be here any day now.

I really hope I see some results...I've been through every other acne care under the sun with absolutely no change. I get those horrid red bumps that never come to a head and just go away whenever they go away. Thankfully it's not more than a few at a time, but they're just so ugly and hard to cover up...

14-03-2010
V.I.P.

for me my skin looked good for a week(at most). it was glowing and then after that it went back to what it was and maybe even worse.

buy neostrata's smoothing cream with glycolic acid. its been my saving grace.

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

I use Murad Night Reform with Glycolic acid and the results are unbelievable..not a blemish for over two weeks! The glycolic acid really works!

15-03-2010
backstage pass

yeah...I have to agree re: proactiv; things were good for about 2wks and then they went back to 'regular' ick if not worse. So I definitely didn't want to get hooked into that auto-ship/$

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
17-03-2010
trendsetter

^Definately have to agree with others on the proactiv...i tried it about a year and a half (maybe even 2) ago and it didnt help at all.

17-03-2010
V.I.P.

Can you believe that I've been using this Neutrogena Acne wash (you know..the one's you can get at places like Target and such) and it's probably the best thing I've used for my skin. Cheap, but works well. It's definitely better than Proactive. I use that and my Lancome moisturizer and my skin looks better than it did a month ago.

backstage pass

Is The Clinique 3 step system any good for acne?

front row

whenever i've used oxy pads or anything like that it seemed like my skin got worse after
i use this stuff from arbonne and it works really well...i've heard drinking green tea on a daily basis helps alot has that worked for anyone?

20-03-2010
daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Today I ordered a Manuka Honey Acne Treatment kit. I have used honey before on wounds and scars with good results and started experimenting with it on my skin as well. I noticed the redness disappearing in a matter of 2 days and the parts of my skin without pimples looking nice and hydrated, so I decided to look further into the benefits of honey. I never knew its antibacterial effect actually makes it suited for acne treatment, oh if it weren't for google.... I'm quoting some information about Manuka honey (it's different from regular honey) and will post again about the effect of the products on my skin.

http://www.manukahoney.com/resources/umf.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Manuk...ne?&id=1398258
I promised to post again about the results. Have been using it for little under 2 months now and the results so far are great. I had some serious inflammation on my cheek (never had that before) which was completely reduced within 1 or 2 weeks. Right now there are just some light scarrings and tiny bumps which are gradually disappearing. I still get the occasional pimple, but it has reduced my skin problems a lot already. I would really recommend it to others.

20-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFS View Post
whenever i've used oxy pads or anything like that it seemed like my skin got worse after
i use this stuff from arbonne and it works really well...i've heard drinking green tea on a daily basis helps alot has that worked for anyone?
Wondering about this too! I really love green tea and I actually drink it quite often (not daily but almost...) I don't really know if it actually affects my skin though.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ievut View Post
Is The Clinique 3 step system any good for acne?
I'm sure many people have quite the opposite experience than I do, but Clinique saved my life. I had huge break out at the time and it helped me so much! The most important was clarifying lotion (number 3), though I have the facial wash and DDML as well (DDML still lasts actually). I was good in a week.

My skin problem is now almost gone, thanks to regular facials (Neoderma bio peeling is awesome!) and BeautyTek treatments (and birth control pills). But there are blemishes left, so that's next to get rid of.

Last edited by Miwi; 20-03-2010 at 01:04 PM.
20-03-2010
scenester

I almost have agree with everyone about proactiv. You can get the same chemical solutions in store-brand acne products except for the proactive refining mask (to use on spots at night). (I swear by it). Clinique's acne treatment works better for overall treatment. I use the facial wash and lotion too.

21-03-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijuyanah View Post
Wondering about this too! I really love green tea and I actually drink it quite often (not daily but almost...) I don't really know if it actually affects my skin though.
ive been drinking it twoice a day everyday for like a week now but i cant really tell if its helping or not yet

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, thread