How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2003
trendsetter

All About Eyebrows
Does anyone have guidelines for trimming your eyebrows. I was looking at mine over the weekend and they're too long (sounds strange but they're well shaped just some of the hairs around the arch are a bit too long...)

I was lloking at variouis sites and most of the close up photos the models eyebrows seem to quite even in length so was going to give it a try but... how?? Dont wanna cut a bald patch

01-12-2003
backstage pass

I brush mine up (or down, depends on how the hair grows) with a toothbrush and trim it with little scissors.

01-12-2003
front row

I stay away from scissors. I have this fear that they will grow longer if I trim them. hahaha.

I suggest gel for your eyebrows. Clear mascara does the same thing.

01-12-2003
backstage pass

They do grow back, hence the trimming.

01-12-2003
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

This isn't really a trick, but I usually do mine right when I get out of the shower - it's a little easier to pluck that way.

Also, I read somewhere that after about four or five plucks, you should stop for a second and refocus, this way you don't overpluck and you can refocus in on what you've done already.

V.I.P.

i recommend you get BROWZING by BENEFIT;
its a kit just for brows. for filling them, plucking them and finally waxing them so they stay in shape. by waxing i mean : applying wax on your brows

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
01-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

If I see a mono-brow coming on while I'm shaving I give it a quick flick of the razor.

& b

Quote:
Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Dec 1st, 2003 - 2:41 pm
This isn't really a trick, but I usually do mine right when I get out of the shower
That's the best time to pluck your brows with less pain Elle, because the heat and steam will open your pores, and it will make it easy to pluck without pulling too hard.. ouch

What I do is I use brow gel, Trucco has a nice and cheap one, or, just get some hairgel and stick a clean mascara wand in it and brush them up, and with a nice small scissor follow the line that goes over your natural brow line. I personally, dont believe in just plucking the hair under the eyebrow, I can pluck all around it to create a very different shape!... I also use a nice smoky light brown eyeshadow to fill them up, because there is always going to be some bawld spots

slightly dizzy

I used to have a uni-brow, sort of. When I was 11 or something I noticed my eyebrows were merging so I started plucking with a tweezer. I had to pluck and pluck to keep them separate but after a number of years I didn't have to. I don't remember when I stopped plucking routinely, when the growth ceased. For the last 10 years or longer I pluck some stray hairs once or twice a year I think?

Other than not having a uni-brow, my eyebrows are totally natural, though. I'd like to shape them but I'm afraid of overplucking...

etre soi-meme

my problem is that i dont have enough eyebrows

they are few and apart and kind of my natural colour (lighter than my hair), so i pulk next to nothing and i shape up either with hair colour matching eyeshadow or pencil, fixing the shape with hairspray (on a batonette- not straight to my skin ) trimming... i only wish

01-12-2003
& b

Lena, a trick that I do for unnoticeable eyebrows, is applying mascara on them. If your hair is brown, Diorific mascara in brown is gorgeous and natural. Because it gets hard after five minutes, you dont have to worry about them running off.. I used to do it on my bosse's grey hair, and she loved it

etre soi-meme

thanks for the tip alejandro

03-12-2003
trendsetter

yup, thanks for the help. Trimmed them today. Did the '...trim abit from each side then come back and reassess later'. Its quite interesting what a difference it can make. it 'sharpens' my image up, well I think it does.

Lena, Shisedo The no label, yet more expansive range... ) also does a good eyebrow pencil with sponge color at the other end to fill in any 'blanks' with good-non asian colorings as well. Not too sure if it's available outside of Asia.

05-12-2003
windowshopping

I use good ol vaseline to keep my brows in place ... plus it adds a bit of shine to them.

05-12-2003
etre soi-meme

thank you alliecat
i'll ask if those are available in EU , shiseido is my fave brand

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyebrows