How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-08-2004
V.I.P.

Undereye Wrinkling / Dryness
Within the past month, I've been noticing more undereye wrinkling than I've ever had. I know that it's natural to some extent, but the fine lines are becoming deeper and more present everyday. Can being underweight cause this? How about using Salicylic Acid?

What can I use to make the lines disappear? (Preparation H doesn't work for me.) Alot of people rave about Clinique's All About The Eyes, so I was think of maybe using it.

My eye:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EYES.JPG (42.5 KB, 63 views)

10-08-2004
fashion insider

I have lines when my undereye isn't well moisturized, Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream works wonders on me!

10-08-2004
flaunt the imperfection

sweetie...prep h is only for puffiness to reduce swelling...are you getting enough sleep? are you drinking enough water and eating enough fresh veggies and fruits?...these will have a HUGE impact on your skin...

poor eating habits will wreak havoc on your skin...
things that are good are hydrating foods(restore moisture, plumpness and colour)-and foods with vitamin c...alot of these are the same...most fresh fruits are juicy and hydrating....and anything dark green has vitamin c...spinach, broccoli, kale, chickory etc...plus of course alll citrus fruits-oranges/tangerines/grapefruit...\

getting enough sleep is also vitally important...i look about 10 yrs older when i don't get enough sleep or am stressed out...-no joke..!!!!

eat right and get some rest....any undereye lotion should be fine...i use la mer now...but i used l'oreal for years because it's so much like lancome for a fraction of the cost...(i once worked for the company and they even said so)...
take care of yourself...that's what's most important...

i'm trying to do the same thing myself...and i'm already feeling so much better...i can't tell you...

11-08-2004
V.I.P.

:\ I eat about 10 servings of fruits/veggies a day, get basically enough sleep and drink tremendous amts. of water. That's why it really stumped me.

11-08-2004
Swim Upstream

my brother had something similar to what you describe & mt Dad (who is a doctor) thought it was a mild eczema caused by stress & gave him some mild hydrocortizone cream. why do't you try & other suggestions posted & if it doesn't clear up, see your doctor

11-08-2004
V.I.P.

Yes, it could be stress... I'm going to try the Bobbi Brown (or possibly L'oreal if I don't find any money in my wallet). Then I'll go from there.

10-10-2004
windowshopping

Can anyone reccomend an effective eyecream that works to remove dark undereye circles, bags etc?

Thank you!

13-10-2004
Storm & Sommer

Hi BitterSweet

There allready is a thread dealing with more or less your question

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...showtopic=11155

Best of Luck

pinterest : hanneonpin
17-10-2004
backstage pass

Ah, I'm having about the same problem right now. I was crying today and then while fixing my eye makeup afterwards I noticed lines that weren't there last week.

My bf said I needed more sleep, but I sleep much better then I use too and drink water almost exclusively, chew my Flintstone vitamins everyday and eat at least two plums a day etcetera. I think I will try some under eye cream, because I am way too young for this to be natural.

I can't do much about the stress though...maybe aromatherapy or something.

Thanks for the tips.

18-10-2004
front row

I agree with Softgrey....A well balanced diet and enough rest should do the trick, and also a good eyecream. And Helena does have a point too, it could be a mild eczema

Also, sigarettes (also passive smoking) and airconditioners makes it worse...

Rebaptising my badness

Do you have sinusitis? I do and I'm familiar with dryness and thin lines under my eyes. The more swollen my eyes get, the more lines appear after I'm feeling better again.

fashion insider

it looks fine but i'll recommend sleeping at least 7 hours a night and drinking lots of water. I don't know whether you can get P 45 in Pennsylvania but it's good for lines and genreally for clearing up dark shades under the eye.

front row

okay.. ive recently felt the need of upgrading my eye cream. im in dire need of an effective eye cream that combats dark circles, crows feet, and possibly avoid getting wrinkles in the future. i want to invest on a good eye cream, so please please please i need all of your help. any suggestions?

09-12-2004
trendsetter

My eyelids tend to get dry. Ever since I've been using this product, I no longer have that problem.
It's worked well for me (I also had puffy eyes and dark circles- sorry not yet there with the crows)

Neutrogena

Hope this works well for you as it does for me.

10-12-2004
windowshopping

after applying your ordinary eye cream, (i only use SHU UEMURA & ORIGINS), prick a capsule of vitamin E and apply to the lines under your eyes or wherever there are wrinkles.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
antiaging, creams, dryness, eye, treating, undereye, wrinkles