How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-11-2003
scenester

Anti-Aging Eye Creams - Treating Undereye Wrinkles and Dryness
I just turned 24 and I've tried all sorts of eye cream for my crows feet (grew up in Miami ... blonde hair, green eyes, naturally pale skin.) Everything I try makes them worse! They're probably from all the sun here (and I do wear sunscreen now, and lots of it) because when you're a kid, you don't put on sunscreen before PE.

Anyway, I need help. I have wrinkles and everything I try makes them worse! I've tried la mer, n.v. perricone, exuviance, la prarie, shiseido... it feels like everything... any suggestions?

Thanks!

24-11-2003
windowshopping

skincuticals c&e is the best, it's a little pricey but definetly worth it.

24-11-2003
yes

to be honest...........putting creams directly around the eyes does more bad than good.....apart from on exceptionally cold days

everytime you apply a cream around your eye.........some of the cream is not properly absorbed.....as the skin around the eye is 1/6 of the thickness of the rest of the face........so effectively you are leaving deposits around the eye.....which are almost impossible to shift.

over time this builds up making your eye extremely puffy and only removable through surgery. this is why you see old ladies who have used eye creams all their life with huge puffy under eye patches

you are better off wearing sunglasses during the day........sunscreens should be applied only as high as the top of the cheekbones.

and on cold days...........only dab a touch of vaseline on the under and upper eye lids.

as for permanent wrinkles.......the best thing you can do is drink a lot of water which will arteficially plump your skin. and secondly consider botox

24-11-2003
rising star

I have the same problem... although mine is more hereditary. I've tried it all too. Although I do notice after a good night of sleep my eye puffiness is greatly diminish. I'm waiting till I turn 40 before I consider plastic surgery.

24-11-2003
V.I.P.

im almost 26 and i got fine lines below my eye.
but ive always had them (mum hasnt!)
been everywhere , tried all products but it doesnt go.
its true though that SLEEP i sthe best remedy so far

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
25-11-2003
trendsetter

I use Caudelie's eye cream it works I think, but I have no lines, I just like to keep my entire face hydrated.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Nov 24th, 2003 - 4:31 pm
to be honest...........putting creams directly around the eyes does more bad than good.....apart from on exceptionally cold days

everytime you apply a cream around your eye.........some of the cream is not properly absorbed.....as the skin around the eye is 1/6 of the thickness of the rest of the face........so effectively you are leaving deposits around the eye.....which are almost impossible to shift.

over time this builds up making your eye extremely puffy and only removable through surgery. this is why you see old ladies who have used eye creams all their life with huge puffy under eye patches

you are better off wearing sunglasses during the day........sunscreens should be applied only as high as the top of the cheekbones.

and on cold days...........only dab a touch of vaseline on the under and upper eye lids.

as for permanent wrinkles.......the best thing you can do is drink a lot of water which will arteficially plump your skin. and secondly consider botox
Ooops I didn't see this, thanks! I never knew this, definitely need to see my derm with some questions.

fashion insider

i have laugh and frown lines... only noticable if i am up close to mirror but I am already sick of them at 28.... too afraid of botox.....

29-11-2003
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Nov 24th, 2003 - 4:31 pm

hmm....I have a question here.

since eye cream leaves deposits around the eye area, why would vaseline not leave any deposit which causes the puffy under eye patches? I'm not sure, but to me, applying vaseline around eye just doesn't seem proper, I thought it would be more difficult to be absorbed than cream especially designed for the eye area.
and is using eye cream even worse than not using one at a certain age?

29-11-2003
V.I.P.

i agre with you on the fact that vaseline doesnt really get absorbed since its all oily.

i would go for a specific eye cream no matter what

29-11-2003
trendsetter

I'm in my early thirties and since my late teens I've used eyecream. I swear by it, and am kinda addicted . I can't do without my twice a day applications. Along with sunglasses at all possible opportunities (even in the subway if I forget they're on aka Acid).

But I think it's different strokes for different folks. If you have eye strain, short/long sighted, use computers a lot you may find it helpful. Also in a glarey environment (I used to live in NZ and i'ts sunnier/brighter than Asia, Europe, dont know about USA). So having a combination of the above I swear by eye cream.

But one thing that is a good investment if you dont want to get too techincal is ClarinsSkin Smoothing Eye mask. Use it twice a week it does the same as a face mask, revives, adds moisture etc. I just put it on as I had a big night and very little sleep and am back on the internet... I've got an addictive personality

29-11-2003
front row

I've been using eye cream since I was 17. Out of the many that I've tried I find L'oreal's works well.

... and sleep sounds good right about now.

03-12-2003
V.I.P.

i been using ALOE VERA and the lines have become less

04-12-2003
& b

Really?!! Someone's Aloe plant is going to get stolen

I use NoAge eye serum, which is absorbed immediately, and im 18 with undereye lines, but I was born with them anyway, I have too much flesh under my eyes

windowshopping

I'm in my early thirties and I have no lines under my eyes. Last night I had my makeup done at Lancome and she said I have no lines but suffer from mild puffiness and dark circles.. My parents do not have lines but I noticed my mothers face has dropped so I might get that later at 50. I am of Greek descent . so I am very fair but tan easily so it might be hereditary for you to have fine lin es at 24. I tan alot like you. I do use Vaseline every night(a thin coat) and I have been using Retin A and Renova on and off since I was 28, That has really helped my skin look wrinkle free but it depends on your skin. I also use Vitamin E cream that works wonders. Go see a dermatoligist they will help you so much
I am in my thirties and from experience expensive counter products are a waste of time and money

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
antiaging, creams, dryness, eye, treating, undereye, wrinkles