Anti-Aging In Your Early Twenties - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2008
windowshopping

I have read that wrinkle creams don't work. The ones that claim to work usually work on a microscopic level that isn't really noticeable. And moisturizers don't prevent wrinkles either, because they can't penetrate the layers of skin where wrinkles and fine lines occur, they just sit on the top layer of your skin making a barrier where moisture can't get out. It makes your skin feel smoother but only while it's on.

I only use sunscreen (spf 30) and my plan is to just save my money for chemical peels, botox, and/or laser treatments when I'm in my 30's... Everything else seems like a waste of money.

08-07-2008
V.I.P.

I'm surprised to read retin-a, I didnt know it prevents wrinkles. I have retin-a-micro and it's a very easy prescription to get, I got it for acne. It works but it's very very very drying, I can only use it 2-3 times a week and have to dilute it with water. I've had the same tube since I was 13.

11-07-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar View Post
Ive been hearing alot today about these bee pollen products.
It's because they work My skin has never looked better

loaded and locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegantly_wasted View Post
It's because they work My skin has never looked better
I`m interested in this!...I couldnt find a thread about bee pollen skincare here and a google search only yielded ads. Do you have a recommended site to learn more about it?

14-07-2008
silent sigh

may sound like a daft question..should one put on sunscreen everyday, regardless of whether it's sunny/summer time or not?

14-07-2008
V.I.P.

^^Yes, you should. UVA and UVB rays are still penetrating clouds on those dark days.

14-07-2008
silent sigh

ah I see, thank you

rising star

im happy to hear im not the only young person worried about wrinkles at such a young age! im moisterizer has spf in it but i dont like wearing it when its hot out but i definitely am starting to.

14-07-2008
scenester

I've been using decleor products for years and no one can guess I'm in my 30's so I guess they are working Really I think a good routine is your best bet, more so than any particular products. Be sure you always clean your skin of any makeup before you sleep, use a cleaner that won't strip you dry and/or use a moisturizer. Avoid the sun or use sunscreen, I use mineral foundation everyday and something heavy duty like spf 45 on active days outdoors. Eat lots of fresh fruit and drink water not just for hydration but to keep your body happy. Exercise to keep your circulation healthy.

02-05-2014
front row

Use Retin A in your teens for acne, and it prevents wrinkles as well! Use Frownies at night, and get a "Save my face pillow" or make your own so that you don't smash your face. This has worked for me. I'm 30 and people guess my age as 24 more often than not.

windowshopping

I'm nineteen and thinking of starting to use anti-aging creams. I have a couple of samples of Nuxellence fluid for all ages so I'm going to start there but I don't know what brands or creams to look out for apart from that.

I live in England and we have practically 7 month winters but I'm thinking of getting a sunscreen too. Should you skip moisturiser and just wear a sunscreen or get a facial moisturiser with SPF in?

20-05-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
I'm nineteen and thinking of starting to use anti-aging creams. I have a couple of samples of Nuxellence fluid for all ages so I'm going to start there but I don't know what brands or creams to look out for apart from that.

I live in England and we have practically 7 month winters but I'm thinking of getting a sunscreen too. Should you skip moisturiser and just wear a sunscreen or get a facial moisturiser with SPF in?
get a moisturizer with spf 30 and reapply after 2 hours.

just because there is cloud cover doesnt mean the sun is not damaging your skin.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
get a moisturizer with spf 30 and reapply after 2 hours.

just because there is cloud cover doesnt mean the sun is not damaging your skin.
Thank you! I'll look out for one

Yeah I know I was just making a joke

03-06-2014
windowshopping

Are mineral sunscreens much better than normal ones?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
antiaging, early, twenties