How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2004
windowshopping

Anti-wrinkle Cream For Young Skin
Hi!
I'm 22 and I have recently noticed wrinkles around my eyes. Well... I'm kind of concerned... I don't know what to do. I went to buy an anti-wrinkle cream, but none of them said it was for young skin. I'm afraid to experiment with cosmetics I don't know, and especially on my face. Could anybody help me to choose a proper cream or suggest some other solution? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

marta

01-02-2004
backstage pass

Use sunscreen to stop further damage. And wear sunglasses! Kiehl's makes a very light under eye cream with SPF 15. It comes in a tube not a pot. It's doesn't have any harsh ingredients in it that might be usefull for those who are older and want an aggresive therapy.

Also- are you sure you have wrinkles or are your eyes just puffy from sleep etc? It might help to get your vision checked too incase you are squinting alot because you can't see well.

01-02-2004
Proponent of Plaid

SUNSCREEN! The main thing you want, above all things, is to protect your delicate skin against UV rays. I use Aveeno "Positively Radiant" face lotion which has 15SPF every day. When I am going to be outside much at all, I use Baby Faces 50SPF on my face and every other bit of skin that is exposed.

Anti-wrinkle cream is nothing but extremely rich moisturizer, sometimes with exfoliating agents, like salicylic acid (also good against acne) or alpha-hydroxy acid. You can do well enough with a good daily moisturizer like the Aveeno or Oil of Olay with sunscreen, plus an exfoliating scrub at night. I prefer LUSH "Angels on Bare Skin."

Also, you say you are noticing crow's feet around your eyes. Do you use sunglasses or wear a hat when you go outside? If you don't, you are probably squinting against the sun, so you might want to get a pair of shades and a couple of hats with brims. Shopping fun, plus protection from the sun--what more could you want?

& b

Christian Dior No Age serum for face and eyes. The only weapon you will need to aim fine lines and to prevent other lines from coming.

windowshopping

Thank you Alejandro, foxinthesnow, and As You Like It! You really calmed me down. Now I now it is not as bad as I thought. Yeah, I think I'll start using sunglasses. Thanks a lot!

marta

01-02-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Feb 1st, 2004 - 12:37 pm
I use Aveeno "Positively Radiant" face lotion which has 15SPF every day.

I use this too! I don't use it very close to my eyes but I use it around the eyebrow area too. It's an excellent sunscreen and moisturizer.

It's okay I freaked out the first time I saw lines by my eyes too (I'm in my early 20s). But they don't seem to be "real" wrinkles- sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not. Usually they are there after a long night!

01-02-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Another thing to think about is how much water you are drinking. If you are a bit dehydrated, your skin will look dried out, too.

I'm 26, and given to making faces as I talk. I raise my eyebrows, I scowl ferociously, I grin from ear to ear, and I crinkle up my nose. I will probably be a very odd looking old woman someday. Already I have some faint expression lines around my mouth, beside my eyes, and on my forehead.

How well your skin holds up depends partly on how you take care of it, and partly on genetics. If your mom or dad had expression lines at a fairly young age, chances are so will you. I don't sweat it much, myself, because I have every intent on aging gracefully. At 50, I will probably look decidedly 50, but I plan on being healthy, dressing well, and not making life more difficult for myself than needs be. This means that I will never botox, if I dye my hair (which I currently do) it will be for the hell of it, not to hide grey. There's no shame in growing older, no moral failing in retaining the impressions of thousands of smiles, laughs, and dirty looks. The only thing I would worry about is if I habitually had a pissy expression on my face, and my wrinkles set in with a grouchy cant to them. That would be rather tragic.

& b

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Feb 1st, 2004 - 12:37 pm
SUNSCREEN! The main thing you want, above all things, is to protect your delicate skin against UV rays.
As you like it, you are absolutely right!.. Sunscreen is your best friend. There are sooo many good sunscreens that are oil free and wont make your makeup appear blothcy or sticky. DiorSnow is really good

scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro+Feb 1st, 2004 - 6:13 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Feb 1st, 2004 - 6:13 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-As You Like It@Feb 1st, 2004 - 12:37 pm
SUNSCREEN! The main thing you want, above all things, is to protect your delicate skin against UV rays.
As you like it, you are absolutely right!.. Sunscreen is your best friend. There are sooo many good sunscreens that are oil free and wont make your makeup appear blothcy or sticky. DiorSnow is really good [/b][/quote]
this is a really goot topic. can anyone recomend any other oil free, non blotchy sunscreens. I used to use one by bobbi brown but it made my face really oily.

01-02-2004
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlee@Feb 1st, 2004 - 7:11 pm
Can anyone recomend any other oil free, non blotchy sunscreens. I used to use one by bobbi brown but it made my face really oily.
aahw..its really tough, because it all depends on how it will react on skin. Normally, some foundations or skin treatment comes already with 15spf, which is nothing for me. But, for personal experience, Diorsnow is great, because it blends well on skin, and it leaves a glowy film that develops when you mix with makeup, for this glorious glow

Dior Snow UV Illuminating Protective Base

This invisible makeup base is oil-free and ultra protective for a perfectly even-toned, radiantly flawless complexion. SPF 35 protects the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays and counteracts the formation of pigmentation irregularities.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro+Feb 1st, 2004 - 8:16 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Feb 1st, 2004 - 8:16 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Marlee@Feb 1st, 2004 - 7:11 pm
Can anyone recomend any other oil free, non blotchy sunscreens. I used to use one by bobbi brown but it made my face really oily.
aahw..its really tough, because it all depends on how it will react on skin. Normally, some foundations or skin treatment comes already with 15spf, which is nothing for me. But, for personal experience, Diorsnow is great, because it blends well on skin, and it leaves a glowy film that develops when you mix with makeup, for this glorious glow

Dior Snow UV Illuminating Protective Base

This invisible makeup base is oil-free and ultra protective for a perfectly even-toned, radiantly flawless complexion. SPF 35 protects the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays and counteracts the formation of pigmentation irregularities. [/b][/quote]
I can't live without DiorSnow UV Base!!!
I don't see many people using it but I just totally love it.
it's very light, goes on really nice and smooth, blurs impurity, evens out skin tone, and gives the most lovely glow!
I use it on top of my day moisturizer and under a powder, it's been working perfectly! so little work and I've got flawless radiant skin.
also, it's got SPF35. what more to ask for?

02-02-2004
V.I.P.

The Dior Snow looks great. I may stop and get a sample of that. In the meantime, I think the most important thing one can do to keep one's skin looking young is to adopt a real skin care regime and stick to it meticulously! The way you treat your skin day in and day out is what will make the difference in the long run.

Vision of Paradise

i really want to try dior snow

V.I.P.

I'm 18 and I already use wrinkle cream

I want Diorsnow,is it something like Lauders "Spotlight?"

03-02-2004
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by trean@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 12:48 pm
I'm 18 and I already use wrinkle cream

I want Diorsnow,is it something like Lauders "Spotlight?"
Yes Trean But Spotlight doesn't have sun protection. This one, if you wear it while you are exposed to the sun, your skin might appear blotchy, or worse, it can cause sun spots. But if you use it when you are not going to be exposed in the sun is ok. But DiorSnow is fabulous .

BTW, I just turned 19 and my skincare regimen leaves Patsy Stone short of breath

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
antiwrinkle, cream, skin, young