How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-08-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Is anyone else on a diet for Crones or similar??
I have issues with food and my stomach, and am on a very basic diet set out by my dietician/nutritionist. We are currently trying to figure out if I have crones disease or not, which is a bit scary. One of my dear friends has the same issue, so we're the girls who order plain food at dinner.

I can only eat very very basic foods, wholemeal bread, no nuts or seeds, no fruit or vegetables with skin, or pips in them, no stringy cheeses (very low amount of cheese/dairy) no dried fruits, hardly any chocolate or alcohol (haha, yeah right) - and I have to eat very small meals at a time, otherwise I get sick.

Is anyone else going through the same thing?

24-08-2005
i'm almost ready..

belowen....
a young guy i know was diagnosed with crones not too long ago.....he struggles every now and then to keep his lifestyle within the boundaries that will nurture his health, but he's doing well.....most importantly, life goes on.....you just have to change the way it does!...
but i think he's adjusting really well......and there is a sense of satisfaction you get from knowing you are doing the right thing by your body and your health....which goes on to affect so many other things, i think....

i'm not on quite the same strict diet....
however, i work with a naturopath and nutritionist to maintain a mostly wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, low glucose eating plan.....
DEFINITELY a challenge for me.....i love nothing more than fruits and fruit juices.....rich cheeses and crunchy turkish toast!!!!...

but just keep telling yourself you can do it.....
you'll notice changes in your health....skin....eye color....weight...energy levels...
it reaches so far beyond basic health results....
sounds like you're avoiding the right thing.....anything too harsh or abrasive.....keep everything you eat fairly 'gentle' and organic......

there are other people out there doing similar things.....
so you're not alone...

24-08-2005
V.I.P.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=27104

I'm sorry Belowen, I hate to move this but if I leave it other members will wonder why they can't ask for medical advise too.

24-08-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I didn't ask for medical advise MM, I'm discussing a dietary plan...
Nothing to do with medication at all.

V.I.P.

Then I'm begging your pardon

25-08-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No problem, MM

V.I.P.

Belowen, I have heard that people with Crohn's are supposed to avoid milk, hot spices and alcohol. Have you talked to your doctor about your nutritional needs? I don't want you to not get enough vitamins and minerals. Some people drink "Boost", or some kind of nutritional drink. I wish you well and take care of yourself.

25-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen
"otherwise I get sick."

Is anyone else going through the same thing?
do you mean you get nauseated? then yes, I'm going through the same thing. I have to get an colonoscopy/endoscopy this tues. because this getting sick thing is getting very old. hopefully its not crohn's. gee wiz, I'm sorry about your bout with this. I'll be watching this thread to see how your diet works, and I'll let you know if there's anything I learn about this.

ps. I'm going to try that "boost" drink tiger lily mentioned. good idea. it sucks that all of the tasty things (even the ones that you'd think would be healthy for you) make you sick.

25-08-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thanks for the support guys

I only drink soy milk Tigerlily, and that is okay according to my dietician... My only problem would be alcohol, because I do enjoy a drink every weekend, lol.

The first step for me is a diet plan, so I'm going to try and stick to it as best I can...

Good luck with your problems too Henriette

Adorable illusion

I hope its not crones Belowen and best of luck Henriette

25-08-2005
Diamond

I can't stress how important it is to eat all natural, organic foods - no preservatives!

~Madeleine Albright
25-08-2005
you set the scene

belowen, is it your stomach or your intestines? I was under the impression that crohn's disease was an intestinal problem, in which case I'm scared that I have it also. I'm so sorry you're having trouble, right now I'm afraid to eat because of the pain of digestion! I hope you feel better soon.

25-08-2005
you set the scene

^also the same to you henriette; best of luck.

25-08-2005
V.I.P.

I have lots of gastrointestinal problems.. I have for years, and always just blew it off. I'm going this month for a colonoscopy to see what's wrong with me.

Best of luck to us all.

25-08-2005
you set the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoCalledPrep
I'm going this month for a colonoscopy to see what's wrong with me.
wait-- are you conscious when they do that? my doctor said I might have to have one also... I'm such a baby. I reeeeally don't want to do it. I'm like, how bout you just make your best guess about what's wrong, and we'll go from there! I won't tell.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crones, diet, similar