How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2004
scenester

Arabian / Smokey eye Look
How do you ladies apply smoky eyes make-up; and what make-up/colours and tools you use? Please post your way step by step. I wanna learn

07-01-2004
etre soi-meme

hello and welcome to FS mesmerized

* for smoky eyes i play with dark grey, dark brown or dark plum shadows (including mixing up the three)
*one thing you need to know is how to blend and blend and blend.
*i use sponge tips and QTs, at the end i lihtly dust lids with loose powder

07-01-2004
rising star

You must first line your eyes with a kohl pencil both inner and outside rims. Be generous with the pencil. Squeeze your eyes hard a couple times, so that the kohl 'runs' a bit . Then use a q-tip or a smudging brush to smudge the area around the eyes.
Then apply a dark color of shadow up to the crease or a tiny bit higher (choose any dark colors. Blend also over the area you put the pencil on, and don't forget the are under the yes as well. Most people play with with greys or browns. I personally prefer plums, and lately dark blues).
Blend, blend, blend, and blend a little more... LOL Just as Lena said.
Finally put a light color on the brow bone, but keep it natural. Reapply the pencil on the inner rims if necessary.
Finally, a couple thick coats of mascara and you're ready!

I hope you understand my explanation...

Sofia

07-01-2004
V.I.P.

Since I am lazy, and don't really like wearing makeup that much, I basically just apply black eyeliner around the inside and outside of my eyes...

07-01-2004
scenester

i'm glad i visited your site, as i'm a make-up junkie and also jewerly junkie

10-01-2004
windowshopping

Oooh, I love the smoky eye look when I go out. My newest thing is Navy liner - makes my light brown eyes look lighter and brighter!

Sofia - gotta say, THE BEST directions I've heard yet - thanks for posting!

10-01-2004
seagreen serenades

Quote:
Originally posted by SoJess@Jan 10th, 2004 - 10:35 pm
Oooh, I love the smoky eye look when I go out. My newest thing is Navy liner - makes my light brown eyes look lighter and brighter!

You know, I nearly prefer navy to black, less harsh

10-01-2004
rising star

Thank you SoJess...

I'm also into blues lately... China Blue from Nars with black makes this AWESOME smokey eyes look with black pencil. I also have dark brown eyes and myeyes look super light with it.

BTW, navy mascara gives eyes a special hue and makes them lighter as well.. I love Laura Mercier's mascara in navy and Definicils in navy blue for this.

Sofia

10-01-2004
stories everywhere

i've been hearing good things about maroon or eggplant eyeliner and mascara for making blue eyes look good.

personally I use blackest black shadows and eyeliners to make my eyes smoky, but I was wondering how the redder colors would look...

rising star

If you use Beauty Marked from MAC or Night Fever from Nars it works OK. But you need to use a red color such as Cranberry under them to bring the red out.

Sofia

14-01-2004
V.I.P.

All you really need are variant shades of greys, blacks, and a (usu. frosty) white to highlight, really

15-01-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by ribes@Jan 7th, 2004 - 10:59 am
You must first line your eyes with a kohl pencil both inner and outside rims. Be generous with the pencil. Squeeze your eyes hard a couple times, so that the kohl 'runs' a bit . Then use a q-tip or a smudging brush to smudge the area around the eyes.
Then apply a dark color of shadow up to the crease or a tiny bit higher (choose any dark colors. Blend also over the area you put the pencil on, and don't forget the are under the yes as well. Most people play with with greys or browns. I personally prefer plums, and lately dark blues).
Blend, blend, blend, and blend a little more... LOL Just as Lena said.
Finally put a light color on the brow bone, but keep it natural. Reapply the pencil on the inner rims if necessary.
Finally, a couple thick coats of mascara and you're ready!

I hope you understand my explanation...

Sofia
great tips ribes, but i have a fear (so i've never tried it) of the khol eye liner would realy RUN even though i'm 62 my skin is still very oily would love opions on this

15-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 10th, 2004 - 4:37 pm

I agree!

MAC's Blu-Noir shadow is great for a less harsh-looking smoky eye. If you haven't tried it, it's a gorgeous blackish navy/purple. I love it

15-01-2004
tgp
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally posted by brian+Jan 15th, 2004 - 4:07 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 15th, 2004 - 4:07 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-strawberry daiquiri@Jan 10th, 2004 - 4:37 pm

I agree!

MAC's Blu-Noir shadow is great for a less harsh-looking smoky eye. If you haven't tried it, it's a gorgeous blackish navy/purple. I love it

[/b][/quote]
I have that one and love it too!

24-01-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by SoJess@Jan 10th, 2004 - 5:35 pm

help NANA, what is the best navy liner, eye shadow & mascara, i'm looking for something that will LAST, also what lipstick in a light color do you find lasts the longest NANA

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arabian, eye, smokey