How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2006
V.I.P.

When i was like 5 or so...my eyes were like Japanese or Chinese ones,i mean sure not that muchWell mum told me that my real dad was actually Bruce Lee (u know his eyes...whatever) and i was so innocent and believed her LMAO.It was so funny,she told the truth after a month or so And this girl in post # 169 (the third one ) is so beautiful!Thanks!Do u know her name?

Last edited by *Eylul*; 28-04-2006 at 08:19 AM.

28-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylephox
The girl in the hat in #169 is a Korean actress called Song Hye Go. She's very pretty indeed...if I looked like her I wouldn't wear makeup

i looked her up and are you sure it isn't song hye gyo?

28-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hypnotic*
I've seen it spelled kyo as well.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
28-04-2006
V.I.P.

is there a way to do makeup for eyes that are smaller? almond-shaped
particularly eyes for a guy??
and make it look natural, as if there is no makeup on at all?

I notice my eyes look bigger indoors, like when there's a lot of shadow. Maybe my eyes get more defined and it also looks bigger with the bags under my eyes

28-04-2006
front row

Quote:
yes it is gyo or kyo.

28-04-2006
trendsetter

^oh...so she goes by both...interesting...

29-04-2006
front row

what does she use on her lips?

12-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
^oh...so she goes by both...interesting...
i dont think its by her choice though... :p i think its more of the direct translations from korean to english. so many different ways to spell a korean word cos different people have different ways of hearin how it sounds i guess? :p

13-05-2006
trendsetter

' yea, it is a bit hard too when i learned korean >.<
did anyone where try to put light colour shadow/highlighter on the lower lash line before?

14-05-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius
is there a way to do makeup for eyes that are smaller? almond-shaped
particularly eyes for a guy??
and make it look natural, as if there is no makeup on at all?

I notice my eyes look bigger indoors, like when there's a lot of shadow. Maybe my eyes get more defined and it also looks bigger with the bags under my eyes
An eyelash curler is all you need, shiseido makes a great one.

unknown
15-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange
I agree. I don't use too much make-up, but I don't really pay much attention to magazines and make-up advice because most of it is for white people. When it is tailored to Asians, they are usually focusing on those that have single lids and not double lids that meet the eye at the inner corner like myself. Even when they are focusing on Asians/Eurasians that have double lids, my eyes and eyebrows are just so different from theirs that the make-up they have would just look ridiculous on me even though we both have the same eyelids. I need to have more than just two eyelids in common with the model for it to look somewhat nice on me.
Oh My God, I can't believe there is also someone suffering like me. I could not find one single magazine that actually have my eyeshape on it. It seems like we have the same eyeshape -double-lids and meet at the eye corners, somewhat bigger and rounder than normal Asian eyes. I don't use eyeliner all over, just dot it between the lashes and then curl my lash for a natural look. I don't have problem with eyeshadow because my eyes change their tint according to the eyeshadow I wear ( another freaky factor of being Eurasian, my friends think I have twelve different colors of contact lens)

16-05-2006
backstage pass

Well, it also has to do with my eyebrows, how far they are away from my eyes, the shape of my eyes, the size of my eyes, the arch of my eyebrows, the slant of my eyes, the thickness of my eyebrows, the contours between my eye and eyebrow... there are so many factors and I just seem to have very unique eyes, which is a problem when it comes to make-up.

It does sound like we have similar eyes; mine are also larger than most Asian eyes. Though I wouldn't say rounder because quite a few Asian women I have seen have very round eyes with single eyelids and mine are more of a large almond shape.

My eyes also change colour from brown to green and sometimes with a bit of grey in them, but I haven't really bothered experimenting with eyeshadow enough to see how much they change colour that way. I kind of gave up on bothering with eyeshadow because it just looks weird on me.

As for eyeliner, I already seem to have naturally darker skin just next to my eyelashes, so I've stopped bothering with that, too. My eyeliner pencil is crap, anyway.

16-05-2006
trendsetter

lol when the summer is comming, i will tell my folks to take a pic of my eyes put it up here

28-05-2006
backstage pass

Asian eyes are very beautiful IMHO
But they think of themselves not as beautiful as white people, it's a true sad fact
They should be more self-confident...

Last edited by Monmonde; 28-05-2006 at 12:05 AM.
28-05-2006
front row

Has anyone else noticed that when you get your makeup done by western artists..they always try to emphasize the slantiness of your eyes? I got my makeup done at the Chanel counter yesterday and it was pretty, but not to my satisfaction as she used a myriad of eyeshadows that emphasized my natural slanty shape, whereas I prefer to smudge eyeliner so that my eyes look bigger. I usually go for the smoky kohl-eyed look, to make my eyes look larger, as I am not too keen on my natural shape.

I was going to get my makeup done at Chanel for a ball next month, but not so sure now. I've never met any makeup person who does makeup to my liking.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, eyes