How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterlove View Post
When I was a little girl, I dreamt of having asian eyes. I still think they're beautiful. I just can't believe how much they want a crease.
I have a normal Scandinavian look with normal eyes, so I guess I just think of asian eyes as exotic and different! (Maybe that's why I'm attracted to asian men!) :p
I think it's the classical you always want what you can't or don't have^^ When I was little I wanted Western-looking eyes too..I guess because I grew up in Norway and everyone around me had big eyes.

WerbowyStegner
Quote:
If you want very reliable stockists I'll tell you
Yeah sure, but I think I'm going to buy mine when I go to South-Korea since it's probably cheaper and it costs alot to ship to Norway from the states.

iamnerdee
Quote:
hmm. circle lenses do look pretty creepy. although i am curious as to how they would look on me, haha. are they expensive?
from what I've seen they're not that expensive, it's the shipping and handling that costes, but not that much if you live in the contry where they ship from obviousley.

24-11-2009
V.I.P.

Just got my circle lenses...I've never worn lenses before and it was super frigging hard to put them in...At first I thought that I had too small eyes to fit them in since they're bigger than normal lenses, but then after trying to fit my whole hand inside of my eye I finally got it^^

THE STRANGER

^Do show us a pic!

24-11-2009
V.I.P.

Sorry about the crappy picture, I'm terrible at taking pics of myself..

front row

^that looks.. uhm.. weird

25-11-2009
front row

To be honest I'm not a fan at ALL of Asians wearing blue contact lenses (I'm Asian too). For me, I think dark-colored (black, brown) circle lenses accentuate and compliment Asian eyes much better, not to mention keep them natural looking as possible

25-11-2009
THE STRANGER

^I have to disagree... Major disagree.

I think circle black/brown circle lenses look alien-like:

lenscircle.com

These are how color contacts look on my eyes... (see attached pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg contacts1.jpg (32.5 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by michyed; 25-11-2009 at 02:20 AM.
25-11-2009
V.I.P.

My lenses don't look like that IRL, it's just the lighting and the flash from my camera that brings the color out..but whatever. Everyone should be able to do whatever they want, and no one thinks its weird when a blue eyed person wears brown contact lenses..I don't really see the difference.
I agree with you michyed, they look a bit freaky

THE STRANGER

^Yeah, flash can make color contacts look wacky

25-11-2009
V.I.P.

^I think your contacts are really pretty loonaka ! You look so cute Blue eyes are beautiful with black hair!
About circle lenses , michyed black actually looks really natural in real life , my friend wore a pair and I couldnt even tell they were contacts! Obviouslly it depends on the type of contacts.. hmm their are ones with bigger enlargment.. which I don't reccomend.. like acuvue define which makes you look like an alien with bulging pupils :l . But from experience their are a LOT of natural black/brown circle lenses.. I prefer GEO BC101 or Neo Dali Brown.. !

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 25-11-2009 at 05:06 AM.

25-11-2009
THE STRANGER

^ I still don't think so, I live in asia, where I have to see people wear black/brown circle lenses everyday... It is a painful sight. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

25-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^I think your contacts are really pretty loonaka ! You look so cute Blue eyes are beautiful with black hair!
About circle lenses , michyed black actually looks really natural in real life , my friend wore a pair and I couldnt even tell they were contacts! Obviouslly it depends on the type of contacts.. hmm their are ones with bigger enlargment.. which I don't reccomend.. like acuvue define which makes you look like an alien with bulging pupils :l . But from experience their are a LOT of natural black/brown circle lenses.. I prefer GEO BC101 or Neo Dali Brown.. !
Thank you I think circle lenses are fun, but a bit tricky

rising star

im asian (for the most part at least) and i wore circle lense too, just for the sake of it. haha i wore the hazelnut ones, and it really blend with my real eye colour, so i think it's okay... and i dont have tiny asian eyes, my eyes are naturally huge *for asian*, so when i wear circle lense it doesnt really take 90% of the white part and make you look soulless

*im on the left btw*

Last edited by fashionified; 26-11-2009 at 07:18 AM.
26-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionified View Post
im asian (for the most part at least) and i wore circle lense too, just for the sake of it. haha i wore the hazelnut ones, and it really blend with my real eye colour, so i think it's okay... and i dont have tiny asian eyes, my eyes are naturally huge *for asian*, so when i wear circle lense it doesnt really take 90% of the white part and make you look soulless

*im on the left btw*
Like mine, since I have really small eyes
I actually think that those pics for advertising with these Asian girls with really really big round eyes looks more freaky..I'm not sure why but I think it's because they have like "Western" looking eyes in an Asian face..I don't mean to offend any Asians with big eyes, I mean those who use photoshop to make their faces really tiny and their eyes really big..Does this make sense??

In Bloom

^Ohhh yes! It looks so freaky! Not Asians with naturally big eyes, but the whole photoshop-thing looks scary!

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, eyes