How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-11-2009
rising star

loonaka & The_Ida: yeah, i get what you mean, the one that makes them looks like an alien or something... or those that get an eyejob to make their eyes bigger, be it double eyelid, or slit the end of your eyes a bit to make it look bigger. and i think i'm one of those asian who has *kinda* western eyes on my face, a lot of ppl said it makes my face looks like an anime character or something

my asian eyes

how it looks like on my face

and people keep asking me whether my eyes are real, just because it doesnt have the shape of "normal" asian eyes. ARRGGHHH have u guys ever heard of halfies??

26-11-2009
front row

you're very very pretty, don't mind the ignorant comments.

26-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionified View Post
loonaka & The_Ida: yeah, i get what you mean, the one that makes them looks like an alien or something... or those that get an eyejob to make their eyes bigger, be it double eyelid, or slit the end of your eyes a bit to make it look bigger. and i think i'm one of those asian who has *kinda* western eyes on my face, a lot of ppl said it makes my face looks like an anime character or something

my asian eyes

and people keep asking me whether my eyes are real, just because it doesnt have the shape of "normal" asian eyes. ARRGGHHH have u guys ever heard of halfies??
Nice pictures^^ You have amazing lips
I think you can tell if someone is mixed or if they're had surgery done

THE STRANGER

Quote:

my asian eyes

Your eyes are super cute

26-11-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
[URL="http://forums.thefashionspot.com/members/loonaka-48539.html"]
i have turkic ancrestry (think Rusell Peters, only around 800 years ago) and so i am a brunette with brown eyes, and trust me some people are being pretty rude to me because of that, they will be like "omg you must dye your hair black because your hair is not black and chinese people have black hair" or like "omg your eyes are brown, where did you get your contact?"

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79 View Post
i have turkic ancrestry (think Rusell Peters, only around 800 years ago) and so i am a brunette with brown eyes, and trust me some people are being pretty rude to me because of that, they will be like "omg you must dye your hair black because your hair is not black and chinese people have black hair" or like "omg your eyes are brown, where did you get your contact?"
wow, people actually say stuff like that???? That's so rude!!!
I've never had like Asian prejudice comments thrown at me, or maybe but in a language I can't understand..But I always get nasty looks from other Asians who are used to an Asian culture since I'm all Western

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
Nice pictures^^ You have amazing lips
I think you can tell if someone is mixed or if they're had surgery done
EXACTLY! so i dont know why ppl keep asking me that, and one time, my friend's mom just came up to me and ask whether my eyes are real or not, coz if it's not she wants to know where i get it done since she wants her daughter to do surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79 View Post
i totally understand how you feel. my hair used to be a lot lighter when i was younger and people would ask me whether i dyed my hair brown or not. AND i have freckles... and they would ask me blantaly whether i got somekind of skin disease. oh ASIAN.

hotlipz & michyed: thank you

V.I.P.

Quote:
EXACTLY! so i dont know why ppl keep asking me that, and one time, my friend's mom just came up to me and ask whether my eyes are real or not, coz if it's not she wants to know where i get it done since she wants her daughter to do surgery.

i totally understand how you feel. my hair used to be a lot lighter when i was younger and people would ask me whether i dyed my hair brown or not. AND i have freckles... and they would ask me blantaly whether i got somekind of skin disease. oh ASIAN.

hotlipz & michyed: thank you
Wow, she WANTS her daughter to have surgery?? To me that's kinda weird, I mean if the girl doesn't have a medical condition I don't see why she should have surgery, but I guess people are allowed to spend their money however they want.

I hate when people just ask random, personal and sometimes rude questions..It's like they have no social skills at all.

V.I.P.

Anyone saw GaGa wearing the lenses in her latest Bad Romance video?

28-11-2009
backstage pass

fashionified & jjbunny79 - People are stupid. Sometimes, even when these people see hundreds of Asians or even go to Asia, they still stick to only accepting what they define as 'Asian' (I know some people like that). More or less all South East Asians are born with double eyelids/epicanthic fold/whatever you wish to call it. 50% of Chinese are born with double eyelids. I am not sure about all Asian countries, but I think in Korea it is around 25%. Even with a double eyelid, the eye shape, the eyelashes, the depth of the eye socket and even the eyebrows can set you apart as being Asian. From a number of those factors I could definitely tell that fashionified is Asian.

Also, colouring among Asians ranges from very pale skin to very dark skin, from jet black hair and eyes to light brown hair and eyes, all 100% naturally.

People who don't realise this simply haven't been exposed to enough Asian people, or refuse to notice and are therefore ignorant.

-----

I don't think it has anything to do with my having Asian eyes, but I feel it is easier to post my question here since the people posting will not recommend something that will make me look like I got punched or worse.

When I try to apply eyeliner, it doesn't matter how close to the lashline I apply it, it always looks as if I didn't put it close enough and there's a line of skin between the liner and my eyes. I think it is because of the skin in between my eyelashes, but it would take ages to put eyeliner in between them and after adding mascara it still looks weird. What can I do? I've tried with both pencil and gel eyeliner.

In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post

I don't think it has anything to do with my having Asian eyes, but I feel it is easier to post my question here since the people posting will not recommend something that will make me look like I got punched or worse.

When I try to apply eyeliner, it doesn't matter how close to the lashline I apply it, it always looks as if I didn't put it close enough and there's a line of skin between the liner and my eyes. I think it is because of the skin in between my eyelashes, but it would take ages to put eyeliner in between them and after adding mascara it still looks weird. What can I do? I've tried with both pencil and gel eyeliner.
Go to 5:18 (or watch it all )

Tightligning is the way to go!

One more:

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 28-11-2009 at 02:41 PM.
29-11-2009
THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post
fashionified & jjbunny79 - People are stupid. Sometimes, even when these people see hundreds of Asians or even go to Asia, they still stick to only accepting what they define as 'Asian' (I know some people like that). More or less all South East Asians are born with double eyelids/epicanthic fold/whatever you wish to call it. 50% of Chinese are born with double eyelids. I am not sure about all Asian countries, but I think in Korea it is around 25%. Even with a double eyelid, the eye shape, the eyelashes, the depth of the eye socket and even the eyebrows can set you apart as being Asian. From a number of those factors I could definitely tell that fashionified is Asian.
Yeah, I barely know any asians that have mono eyelids. I hate it even more when ignorant fools skew their definition of the term "Asian" to only include "East Asian."

29-11-2009
V.I.P.

As said it all depends on the type of lenses:

soompi

29-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
Yeah, I barely know any asians that have mono eyelids. I hate it even more when ignorant fools skew their definition of the term "Asian" to only include "East Asian."
I think that alot of people think only of China when they hear the world Asian or Asia..it's like they forget that Russia and Turkey also is a part of the continent Asia...

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
Hope I didn't upset you by doing that in this thread! I just think it is obvious we are all talking about East Asian eyes, so I didn't feel the need to be specific.

I noticed that in North America: 'Asian' always only meant East Asian. They do the same in the UK, only 'Asian' means West/South Asians as in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and so on and so forth. There is never any mention of East Asians apart from the rare utterance about 'Chinese'. No other East Asians exist.

loonaka - Race/ethnicity and geography are all mismatched today. Since Russians and Turkish people look nothing like what they would expect 'Asians' to look like, they don't 'fit' with their idea of Asia.

Ida - Thank you so much for the videos! I almost forgot to put that because I kept getting interrupted while typing and forgetting how I wanted to phrase everything.

Last edited by Eurasian Mélange; 29-11-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asian, eyes