How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-12-2004
fashion insider

I use their clove shampoo as well, i just love how it makes my hair feel and sometimes I just skip conditioner because my hair looks and feels very nice with just the shampoo. I love the smell, and it has very good ingredients, I'm tired of looking at a label and seeing all these things that I most likely wouldn't want to put in my hair (ofcourse, I don't even know what they are!). The purpose of their clove shampoo is give a warm tone to shades of brown, after I used it for a few weeks my mom started telling me that the color of my hair was darker. It not only makes my hair feel and look great, but it gives it a nice tone. I also use their Phomollient styling foam with organic honey, I love it!

29-03-2005
windowshopping

I only let Aveda stylists do my hair...had the most perfect one for over five years till she moved to the west coast. Their Self Control is the best hair product ever for frizz!!! (it comes in a stick, kinda like deodorant) On a 90+ degree day in Rome, super-high humidity, i was out the door by 6 am, didn't land in bed till four the next morning, went exploring the city all day (outside in worst of the heat and sun) and clubbing all night, and my super-thick, heavy (almost waist-length at the time) hair stayed super-sleek and straight. It didn't get greasy or heavy anything, stayed very light, very manageable, too. All this with an absolutely TINY amount of product!!

29-03-2005
front row

I've only ever used Aveda stylists too...I feel like I know they have some bit of training, and it's hard to find good salons where I live. I love their wax, it keeps my unruly hair doing what i want and doesn't feel heavy. I've never used their skincare, though. I am tempted because I hate how many chemicals are in my usual skin care, but I doubt they're as organic as they claim. If only..

29-03-2005
windowshopping

i use aveda products... no complaints... i like their replenishing body moisturizer, it has a strong scent, but it's rather calming once you get use to it. i also use their botanical kinetics skincare line... but i have combination skin and this line is for normal/dry....
but more than the skincare line, i love their hair styling products... i have yet to try their shampoos and conditioners... any rec's?

some people say that they don't like it, but you should always go and try it and see for yourself... what others may not like, you might!

Last edited by scrappy beauty; 29-03-2005 at 03:41 PM.
29-03-2005
gromosexual

their rosemary mint body lotion is lovely

30-03-2005
Diamond

I've been seeing an Aveda stylist almost exclusively for the past seven years (I did have a quick stint with a bumble and bumble stylist who was great, but returned to Aveda because their professional hair color is the BEST). I've tried most, if not all, of their products and have been very satisfied with the results.

More to the point though - I used the skin care line for a while, and was happy with it until I developed an allergy that made me break out (not cool). I'm currently using a combination of Erno Laszlo and Shu Uemura for my skin and it's never felt or looked better. Bottom line: Try Aveda - it's inexpensive and works for a lot of people. However, if you donít want to take a chance, I suggest spending a bit more and going with Laszlo or Uemura.

~Madeleine Albright
03-10-2005
windowshopping

aveda
how do u find thier products?ever used them?

I wanted to try the moisturzer for sensitive skin with the 15spf....hav any of u tried it?any good?

03-10-2005
rising star

I've tried practically all their products (from hair, make-up, to skincare...) at one time or another. They're good, no disappointments (yet!). The moisturizer for sensitive skin w/ 15spf works well as a light moisturizer I can wear day or night, even. Comparable to Kiehl's moisturizers, but a much lighter. Natural ingredients and smells great!

Last edited by thewannabe; 03-10-2005 at 09:24 PM.
13-10-2005
tfs star

I've just started using their spray toner for the face, and it's not bad at all. My skins been glowing, and it feels soft. A spray before I head out the door, and a spray before I got to bed.

07-12-2005
front row

I use to work for Aveda! yay! From experience:
makeup - lip tints are good, dual (similiar to a press powder) good.. everything else is not worth considering

body - all lotions are very light and refreshing (even the new Caribbean line, moisture does not last) -- so not recommended for very dry skin

skin care - eye makeup remover, creme & gel cleansers, exfoliant (my fave!) all good. hydrating lotion is light for skin -- the creme is a bit too dense.. and the lotion with spf leaves skin greasy!

haircare - all are good. nothing too harsh.. and very refreshing! however, if you're use to dousing your hair with loads of other conditioners, you may not like Aveda conditioners as they tend to be very light

hopefully this helps!!

07-12-2005
backstage pass

I would have to say I love Aveda, since my dad is the distributor for them in Taiwan and owns many Aveda salons and spas there. He believes in Aveda and the products are amazing. Once you get hooked to the smell, you can't stand all those other harsh fragrances in dept stores.

My favorites:

Candle- Euphoric
Damage Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner (absolutely the best ever!)
Brilliant Lip Shine

all of their pure fumes.

candicec

08-12-2005
tfs star

Hey Gobi

I have both their toner spray and eye make up remover, and I'd have to say the eye make up remover is ULTRA gentle...almost too gentle, really weak. But the toner is amazing..I spray it on right after washing my face and my skin has been even, smooth, adn blemish free for quite a while. Hope that helps!

19-12-2005
front row

Hair: Crew Citrus Mint Paste or Aveda Control Paste?

Shape your hair and mold your style with Citrus Mint Paste. Formulated to provide a pliable hold and a natural, textured finish. Blended with all natural cirtus and mint oils for a clean fragrance.

BENEFITS:
Loose and piece-y, or stand-up and messy-new Control Paste gives hair a high-textured, low-sheen look that's smooth, not sticky. Leaves hair pliable enough to play with.
  • Dry hair styling
  • Pliable hold
  • All hair types

anyone have any person experience w/ these?

rising star

Aveda Be Curly
has anyone tried this? i want MK or Rachel bilson hair! i hate my hair feeling crunchy bc of gel..and this is more of a lotion type of thing..

23-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by baBidoLL
has anyone tried this? i want MK or Rachel bilson hair! i hate my hair feeling crunchy bc of gel..and this is more of a lotion type of thing..
I only use these proucts on my hair. They are the most wonderful products out there. My best friend however, does not like Aveda, does not suit her hair she says.
You need to just try it on your hair and see how it works for you. They have these small travel bottles.. try that first.
I have really curly hair & use the be curly it is great! No greesy look and perfectly defined curls.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aveda