How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-08-2004
front row

Hey y'all! So, after over a week in the barrios of Saltillo on a mission trip (San Miguel Mission) school starts in a few days. What kind of make-up do you recommend? I've got tan-ish olive skin and dark dark brown hair. I want a natural look, but something that'll make me stand out. I don't generally wear make-up, but I'd so go for anything.

05-08-2004
front row

School? D'ya even need make up? lol

If you want something natural, then do just that!

But if you really do insist that you want to wear something on your face, then make it accentuate a particular feature.

I personally prefer natural, and i have pretty long eyelashes so i usually just wear mascara and a slick of vaseline on my lips and i'm done!

So do you have nice eyes? what do people compliment the most about your facial features?

What about eyebrows? Getting them beautifully plucked can make you look complete without having to touch one bit of make up

Or what about those cheek highlighty thingies ... they compliment flawless skin the most... in my opinion

06-08-2004
front row

what cheek highlighty things? people say i have good- eyes- they're this dark green hazel and i have long lashes. I keep my eyebrowns well groomed- not too thin, not too thick

06-08-2004
scenester

If u want natural stick with natural colors like browns and pastels when u want color....

bronze/gold hues are really in right now..and those arent too overpowering to the face..

wow...I didn't know I knew that much about make up before...damn you Sephora_Socialite!!!

06-08-2004
living in the sprawl

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest@Aug 6 2004, 03:41 PM

wow...I didn't know I knew that much about make up before...damn you Sephora_Socialite!!!
[snapback]323480[/snapback]

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
07-08-2004
front row

Try a brownish eyeliner and brown mascara with a bronzy blush. Goldish clear lipgloss would look nice with it as well. Stay away from foundation if you don't need it; it wrecked my skin!

front row

Origins make really good natural-looking products as well so think about trying those products in the eyeliner, blush, and lipgloss.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
school