How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-08-2006
front row

The Banged Bob - F/W 06!
I have seen the return of the banged bob as the new It-cut for F/W 06. What are your thoughts! Here is an article I wrote on this trend....

The Look of the Devil?

Hipsters will call it “The F/W 06 Dior Homme”. Fashion Insiders will call it the “Crass Cut”. Celebifans will call it ‘the hairstyle-of-that-women-who-inspired-that-supercool-movie-The-Devil-Wear-Prada-but-I-can’t-remember-her-name-right-now”.

Patricia Schmid w/ Proezna Schouler

No matter what you dub it, the banged bob is back!

With its blunt ends and graphic shape, the banged bob is emerging as the top hairstyle for fall. Seen on everyone from the model in the F/W 06 Gucci ad campaign to Proenza Schouler muse, Patricia Schmid, it appears that the time has come to bid a final adieu to Gisele-like waves. This new cut complements the dramatic shapes and linear lines of fall’s looks – it’s the same no-nonsense, utilitarian approach that’s has pushed grunge and sauvage chic to the front of fashion.

The real question remains whether this look will translate down to the streets? While most will probably steer away from the Wintour-take on this look, variations on the cut can be seen on Leigh Lezark from MisShapes, her asymmetrical bob a signature of her rock style, and Canadian-oh-so-hot-model Irina Lazareanu, with her Debbie Harry-meets-Chrissy Hynde bangs seen on nearly every important runway.

Ms. Anna Wintour

Get ready to look fierce, a la Miss Wintour, this fall. After all, they don’t call her the devil for nothing.

Last edited by softgrey; 23-08-2006 at 09:33 PM.

24-08-2006
front row

i cannot see your photos! hmm. anyway, i love bobs! so classic, especially on the right person! i dont know how this would work on a guy though! anyone have pics?

25-08-2006
front row

I paid a small fortune to have my hair precision cut into a banged bob...unfortunately the style looked crap awful on me and went pack and got a pixie cut instead. Some girls can really rock it. I don't think its a style men should venture into unless they want to look like an extra from a Robin Hood movie.

Last edited by ~Blythe~; 25-08-2006 at 05:51 AM.
25-08-2006
backstage pass

Oi >.< I did this look last summer. I'm so glad my hair has grown out now. It didn't really work on me, at least in my opinion.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, banged, bob, f or w