How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2004
rising star

Is Bare Minerals Worth Buying?
saw the infomercial one too many times. now it's got me wondering. is this stuff really worth buying? i'd love to hear your thoughts!

edit: accck sorry, i meant bare minerals (from bare escentuals).

10-09-2004
front row

okay well a friend of mine uses something simular to bare esscentuals because they sold it in the beauty supply she worked in. I think it might be called natural minerals . . . i could also be wrong. anyways she uses only powders for her face, not liquid cover up at all. she also sleeps in her make up pratically all the time and when she wakes up her make-up is still looking pretty nice. i think the make-up is amazing but personally i am too self-concious about my lines under my eyes to trust just some powder to cover it. i also am one of those people that needs to pull out my compact in the bathroom here and there for shine.
needless to say her skin is sooo beautiful and the main reason she uses it is because that make isnt nearly as bad for you as other kind.

i think its worth a shot

front row

yeah i just called to confirm
its bare minerals

stories everywhere

Bare Ecentuals is great. Scandinavian chic swears by it. I bought some eyeshadow and a powder from them. Great stuff, very perfectifying (that is so not even a word. F-it.)

trendsetter

I have to say, Bare Escentuals is the best make up I have ever owned (and I have experimented!).

It has no side effects, and makes your skin look like it's made of china!

I use the Bisque, the foundation, warmth and the mineral veil. I don't think I will ever use another brand again - ever!

So, it is as Ocean Harlot said highly recommeded!

15-09-2004
rising star

awesome. well then bare minerals it is!! time to go get some!

10-10-2004
Fierce Flava

It did the opposite to my skin...it gave me a whole bunch of white heads and pimples

Then I thought maybe that product....so I go and buy MAC Mineralize Powder for highlighting cheeks...I got HUGE pimples all down my cheeks and everywhere broke out with it since I mixed it into some Lotion several times and put all over...

....My skins taking a while to get better

MAYBE I'M ALLERGIC?....cuz I know I dont have sensitive skin cuz I use a whole bunch of make up and nothing happens to my face.

11-10-2004
trendsetter

Bare Minerals isn't supposed to make any skin types react, could it have been another product you used at the same time?

21-12-2004
windowshopping

Bare Minerals Anyone?
I don't think I would be exagerating when I say I have THE worst skin..EVER. I have acne, and it seems like no matter what I do- or products I try.. it just likes to stick around. Not to mention I have scars. :-( I ALWAYS wear foundation..hoping that it will cover them up. Right now I wear True Match. But it seems like it always makes my skin really greasy.. which I absolutly hate.. sometimes when I look in the mirror I feel like someone just smudged vasoline all over my face.

But anyways, I saw an ad for Bare Minerals. And I was wondering if anyone has tried it. And if it was non-greasy and covered VERY well. I am skeptical because it says its like powder or sheer... but I still want to try and hopefully make me look flawless. HOPEFULLY.

Any comments would be great! :-) Thanks!

22-12-2004
tfs star

Hey,
Bad skin sucks (i would know) and i have used bare minerals before, its pretty nice stuff it feels really light, looks natural and has pretty good coverage. The only problem is you will get a lil shiny, the best thing for that is the clean and clear blue oil absorbing sheet thingies, they are THEE best, please purchase if you haven't already. good luck girl.

front row

I have Bare Minerals and I like it. It's more of a natural coverage and look than say MAC. I do like the mineral veil. It gives you like a pearly finish. I don't think the "concealer" they have works because it only comes in like 2 shades. You can get samples on ebay if you just want to try it out. The shadows are really sparkly though. I don't know where you live, but in CA, there are some BM stores, so you should check it out if you can.

22-12-2004
windowshopping

Thanks for the comments! I think that I really might want to try it now.. :-) I live in Indiana and I don't think they have stores that sell Bare Minerals unless its a very long drive. Just one more question about BM though, if you wear makeup everyday-how often would you have to buy more makeup? Because they come in such little containers it doesn't look like they'd last long.

I've see those blue pad things, but I'm in Highschool and I find it really hard to get out of class or even doing passing period to go to the bathroom to blot myself. But I have seen this Clinique thing advertised that you put on your face before makeup and it "absorbs" your oil through out the day. Anyone ever try that either?

Thanks for all the help!

22-12-2004
V.I.P.

i can't speak for the foundation, but the eye shadows are seriously the best

22-12-2004
tfs star

im in hs too, im telling you, get the blue thingies you will wonder how you ever lived without them.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuicyxCouturex
I don't think I would be exagerating when I say I have THE worst skin..EVER. I have acne, and it seems like no matter what I do- or products I try.. it just likes to stick around. Not to mention I have scars. :-( I ALWAYS wear foundation..hoping that it will cover them up. Right now I wear True Match. But it seems like it always makes my skin really greasy.. which I absolutly hate.. sometimes when I look in the mirror I feel like someone just smudged vasoline all over my face.

But anyways, I saw an ad for Bare Minerals. And I was wondering if anyone has tried it. And if it was non-greasy and covered VERY well. I am skeptical because it says its like powder or sheer... but I still want to try and hopefully make me look flawless. HOPEFULLY.

Any comments would be great! :-) Thanks!
you should try murad for your skin... it's the best imo.. i really love it

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...onID=&x=37&y=6

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bare, buying, minerals, worth