How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

both of the bb creams i've owned (estee lauder + clinique) go on pale on me and a few minutes later start to match my natural face colour more. is this an example of oxidizing or is this just the spf factor?

09-09-2012
windowshopping

I use Korean BB cream I order off Amazon. I find it incomparable to the Westernized BB creams-- which I'm sure most have heard, seem to be more similar to tinted moisturizers!

I use below and I definitely recommend it-- it goes on kind of gray but ends up matching my skin perfectly (NW30).

Source: Amazon

09-09-2012
rising star

I've tried a few BB creams now. The first was Skin79 Gold-I liked the coverage but it was way too dark for me (I'm normally the lightest shade in foundation-in fact, there are many times when I'm TOO light for the palest shades except in brands like MUFE that have a wider array).

Then I tried Missha Signature since it comes in shades-the colour matched perfectly but it used to FLAKE off my skin after a few hours. Very disappointing.

I'm currently using Nanoce BB Cream which is a Japanese brand that comes in 2 shades. I'm not sure if the lighter shade is a perfect match for me, but it's fairly close and gives good coverage and lasts for most of the day.

11-09-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by orang3leaves View Post
I use Korean BB cream I order off Amazon. I find it incomparable to the Westernized BB creams-- which I'm sure most have heard, seem to be more similar to tinted moisturizers!

I use below and I definitely recommend it-- it goes on kind of gray but ends up matching my skin perfectly (NW30).

*Please do not quote the images*

Source: Amazon
Yes, I read that many of the Korean "Blemish Balms" have a type of snail and pearl extract in them. Maybe that is making the difference?

Last edited by Legyviel; 13-09-2012 at 06:16 AM.
13-09-2012
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusenka View Post
I've heard that too but haven't noticed it on my skin.
Okay that's good to hear. May check it out if it comes on sale.

And lucy I know some are meant to adapt to your skin tone. By oxidize I mean the cream turns orange .

rising star

... and I think it's important how you apply it ... I use Sigma f8o brush. every foundation or tinted moisturizer looks better when it's applied with F80. ok, it has nothing to do with oxidation but still ...

17-09-2012
Making a Mess

^ :p I agree creams / foundations do tend to look better when applied with a good stippling brush.

I've seen a lot of ads lately for the L'Oreal BB cream. I think its part of their youth code line. Has anyone here tried it?

meet the press

I've also been using the Maybelline's BB cream and it's worked great for me. I have combination skin, so I set it with a little bit of powder. Since I was tanned when I bought it, I got both shades and mix them to get the right one. It doesn't look orange or weird, it gives a really natural look.

tfs star

I'm debating getting one of the ones on Amazon, but the one I got a sample of with the face mask I ordered is too expensive. Which is disappointing since it's anti-acne and this sample even seems to match my skin. I noticed another one mentioned a lot is way cheaper though.

27-10-2012
backstage pass

I tried maybelline's bb cream and I loved it! I still prefer skin 79's but maybelline worked perfectly for me

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I've been trialling the new Lancome BB Cream (although it won't be officially released in Australia for a little while due to SPF restrictions) and it is amazing. Hands down the best I've ever used and it doesn't oxidise on the skin at all.

trendsetter

I just bought the Urban Decay BB Cream, will give you my opinion soon!

12-11-2012
V.I.P.

I must say i've tried the expensive ones and never been happy with then. And then i bought maybeline bb cream and it it perfect! My face glows! You need only a hint of concealer or just go without.

04-01-2013
fashion elite

I'm not much a BB cream user but i've been loving Skin79 Vital Orange BB cream recently! It has a yellow based undertone which seems to match with my skin color, it can be quite ghastly white looking if you applied too much! So a little goes a long way And it has a high coverage, perhaps due to the SPF 50. Really recommend this

tfs star

In the long term the BB Cream trend left me rather unimpressed. I much prefer normal foundations.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bb, creams